Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-29-2011, 02:16 AM   #1
AL_CAPONE_187
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Sprint Diamond
SU$: 6,397
Question .:What is "Error Code 16" !!???:.

Ok some weird stuff is going on here. I recently noticed that if I'm not connected to my airave and try to make a phone call I get an error code 16. And my text receiving or out going don't go through and my incoming calls either go straight to voice mail or ring and ring the normal amount until voice mail picks up. Data also don't seem to work. nothing unless its connected to my airave which basically turned my mobile device into a voip wireless land line since I can only use it as far as my airave reach. Other than that its use less even if I am picking up full sprint signal I don't even think it will roam. Can someone please give me an idea of what this is and what might be causing it and how I could fix it without calling in! If possible!?
AL_CAPONE_187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
AL_CAPONE_187
Cordless Phone User

So does anyone have any idea???
Old 05-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
You need to call in. This usually means a fraud flag on the account. Call in from another phone.

Sent from my Evo while changing my wife's oil.
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
AL_CAPONE_187
Cordless Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
You need to call in. This usually means a fraud flag on the account. Call in from another phone.

Seriously?

Uh oh now I'm scared if that's the case it possibly could be due to me maybe doing some stuff that's not able to be talked about on the boards. All I will say is I got my Samsung epic on my sero account and I don't mean Sero premium or Sero plus eprp thing. Regular sero 500.

Any advice on what to do....activate another phone on the account or something wry diff esn or something.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
rilharri
Account Inactive

Mood: Amused
Trades: 2
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 12,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL_CAPONE_187 View Post
Seriously?

Uh oh now I'm scared if that's the case it possibly could be due to me maybe doing some stuff that's not able to be talked about on the boards. All I will say is I got my Samsung epic on my sero account and I don't mean Sero premium or Sero plus eprp thing. Regular sero 500.

Any advice on what to do....activate another phone on the account or something wry diff esn or something.
Or Dont commit fraud
rilharri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #6
AL_CAPONE_187
Cordless Phone User

I can see how some people look at it like that but I'm using my account. I'm not here either to get in a debate over this or talk about stuff forbidden by the rules or looking to get my thread closed. But it is funny that when I turn on the original phone and try make a call outside the airave it works. But the epic won't work. I wonder why that is and how they can tell. they are never on at the same time.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:02 PM   #7
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
Sounds like you spoofed the ESN or something and now Fraud noticed.

Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #8
AL_CAPONE_187
Cordless Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
Sounds like you spoofed the ESN or something and now Fraud noticed.

I'm not saying no but I'm not going to say yes. But I don't see how they would notice since they were never on at once. One might be in airplane mode while other is connected to the towers.

But if this is in deed what happen than what do you suggest to get out of it? Call and act like I don't know whats going on or just change phones on my account and not do it anymore and hope it goes away with the esn change on account or would the account still be flagged even with a esn change on account to different phone and I would still have to call in.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #9
Big Whiskey
Cordless Phone User

Phone: EVO
SU$: 1,557
Either switch back to the old phone and keep your original plan or keep the new one and get the new plan. Hopefully Sprint doesn't terminate your account over this, I believe they do reserve the right to do this in the contract for things like this.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #10
AL_CAPONE_187
Cordless Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Whiskey View Post
Either switch back to the old phone and keep your original plan or keep the new one and get the new plan. Hopefully Sprint doesn't terminate your account over this, I believe they do reserve the right to do this in the contract for things like this.
They havnt changed my plan that I know of though
Old 05-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #11
Big Whiskey
Cordless Phone User

Phone: EVO
SU$: 1,557
They won't change your plan without your approval or sending you a letter from the legal department first. I'd suggest getting in touch with them and getting honest with your account. Trying to continue being shady with your account is a good way to get terminated and possibly blacklisted from future service with the company.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #12
thermophile
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Cynical
Phone: mopho/boldtouch
My Mood: Cynical
SU$: 1,880
and retroactivly getting charged... mhhhm
Old 05-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #13
rilharri
Account Inactive

Mood: Amused
Trades: 2
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 12,448
On a cdma system in the us what the op was doing is actaully not legal, he could have much worse things coming his way.
rilharri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:33 PM   #14
pileosnafu
Cordless Phone User

Phone: 9650 & Epic
SU$: 4,254
Error code 16 is sprint proactivly trying to prevent fraud. Make a call it will give you the error message.
Here is the key to resolve this... ready its not what you think ....
Stay on that phone call!!!!! It will connect you to someone at sprint and or validate your phone.

That's it easy as that no worries just stay on the line
Old 06-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #15
BURIEDINLIT
Telegraph User

Phone: Centro
SU$: 425
alcapone im curious to know how you resolve this, plz pm me and let me know, i tried to pm u but it says your box is full.
BURIEDINLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > .:What is "Error Code 16" !!???:.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: