Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
Beer Abuser
Buck extra the worth always is beer good

Mood: Buzzed
Phone: HTC PC36100
My Mood: Buzzed
SU$: 64,496
Calibrate Your Battery Stats The Easy Way To Improve Battery Life

Good info & app to have...

"If you’re a rooted user, chances are that you flash new ROMs fairly often. What you may not know, however, is that your phone saves the battery statistics from old ROMs, and if you’ve never recalibrated your battery before, then your time away from the charger may not be as good as it could be.

This is for rooted users only.

Resetting battery stats can be an intimidating task for those who don’t spend a lot of time in recovery (or who have never even booted into recovery). Fortunately, XDA member marosige has created an app that makes battery calibration a snap.

It’s really simple (the instructions are even clearly stated within the app) – launch the app, charge your phone to 100%, unplug it, and tap the "Battery Calibration" button. The recalibration process will begin at this point, and generally takes a few days to complete. Use your phone normally and enjoy the additional battery life!

As always, check out the support thread in the XDA Forums if you have any questions."

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/04...-battery-life/

Sent from my HTC Supersonic Thread Killer with Awesome Sauce - Put It on Your Pipe & Smoke it!

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Beer Abuser is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beer Abuser For This Useful Post:
KB112 (04-21-2011)
Old 04-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
heavyd
Like A Boss!

Mood: Goofy
Phone: Sammy SG3
Trades: 20
My Mood: Goofy
SU$: 37,199
Link to app please?
Old 04-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
Beer Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyd
Link to app please?
It's in the market now under battery calibration by nema / marosige...or you could get the older one at XDA below ...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1024867

Sent from my HTC Supersonic Thread Killer with Awesome Sauce - Put It on Your Pipe & Smoke it!

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
Diana Prince
Half Woman, Half Amazing

Mood: Lurking
Phone: iPhone 5
Trades: 7
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 16,246
Have you tried this app yet, BA?
Old 04-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #5
heavyd
Like A Boss!

Probably not. He wants to see if I fry my phone first
Old 04-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #6
heavyd
Like A Boss!

I am trying it, but not sure really. I do not charge my batteries in the phone. This first one I did, but I keep a spare charging at all times, and replace when needed. Not sure if it can help me
Old 04-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #7
Beer Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Prince
Have you tried this app yet, BA?
Not yet, but I plan to, just in case my previous roms never cleared my batt stats - I'm not sure if I'll see a difference, but I'll give it a spin & report back .

Also, if you read the first couple of pages on XDA, it explains further why It's recommended, and why clearing batt from recovery doesn't do the whole job - this app / procedure sounds like a good idea, just in case there's a batt issue lingering around that you don't know about $.02.

Quote:
I am trying it, but not sure really. I do not charge my batteries in the phone. This first one I did, but I keep a spare charging at all times, and replace when needed. Not sure if it can help me
From what I read on XDA, it doesn't help since you swap batteries, sorry lol.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
Beer Abuser

Quote:
Probably not. He wants to see if I fry my phone first
That sounds like a good idea too lol, j/k, as always, make a nandroid just in case .

Old 04-10-2011, 09:53 PM   #9
Diana Prince
Half Woman, Half Amazing

Mood: Lurking
Phone: iPhone 5
Trades: 7
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 16,246
I love the fact that you hear a tone once the battery reaches 100%. That alone makes it a keeper.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #10
Beer Abuser

Ran app this morning, I'll report outcome .

Old 04-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #11

SU$: 0
FYI Clockworkmod has an option to wipe battery stats as well. it has for a while :-)
Old 04-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #12
Beer Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettW
FYI Clockworkmod has an option to wipe battery stats as well. it has for a while :-)
Correct, but from what I read on XDA, It's better to do it at 100% charge & to fully discharge battery after calibration.

Read XDA posts, I found them informative .

Also, I don't use clockwork any more, it would cause issues when flashing roms in the past...=\

Old 04-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Abuser View Post
Correct, but from what I read on XDA, It's better to do it at 100% charge & to fully discharge battery after calibration.

Read XDA posts, I found them informative .

Also, I don't use clockwork any more, it would cause issues when flashing roms in the past...=\

there is no RA for epic so clockworkmod is my only option.

yes it is better to do at 100% I recently calibrated my epics battery and it definately worked.

I just wish there was a way to fix the age old restart your device when at 40% or below and have it start back up even lower bug (affected my evo, epic, and shift) I rebooted once at 36% came back up at 8% and had my battery last for another 4hrs before I finally plugged it in, longest 8% evar lol!
Old 04-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #14
Beer Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettW
there is no RA for epic so clockworkmod is my only option.

yes it is better to do at 100% I recently calibrated my epics battery and it definately worked.

I just wish there was a way to fix the age old restart your device when at 40% or below and have it start back up even lower bug (affected my evo, epic, and shift) I rebooted once at 36% came back up at 8% and had my battery last for another 4hrs before I finally plugged it in, longest 8% evar lol!
Interesting, I tought ra was for all the phones

I knew about the batt stat thru recovery, but never knew all the other info, do it at 100%, etc, I just thought of it like in your case, use as needed lol.

On a side note, I noticed today after charging my phone to 100% overnight, I unplugged it to show actual / let it go down to 99%, charged back to 100% and it took forever, so this app might have come at a good time for me; I just ever noticed before .

Old 04-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Abuser View Post
Interesting, I tought ra was for all the phones

I knew about the batt stat thru recovery, but never knew all the other info, do it at 100%, etc, I just thought of it like in your case, use as needed lol.

On a side note, I noticed today after charging my phone to 100% overnight, I unplugged it to show actual / let it go down to 99%, charged back to 100% and it took forever, so this app might have come at a good time for me; I just ever noticed before .

nope clockworkmod isnt even for all phones this is a custom version they made, and man does it boot and run in a convoluted fashion
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Calibrate Your Battery Stats The Easy Way To Improve Battery Life

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: