Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 03-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
msu94
Telegraph User

Phone: Touch Pro 2
SU$: 576
TP2 hands free activation fix?

Found this on a website.
http://www.hchb.com/downloads/TP2Fix.htm

My TP2 is struggling with this sluggishness again, after a trip up the mountain to go ski. Anyways, i did download this, but it did not fix the issue on mine. Its probably better to do it when the phone is actually working corrrectly, since it is a major chore to do anything with it when it is sluggish like this.

Interesting that HTC at least, and maybe Sprint too, worked on this issue apparently, and know about it
msu94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
KB112
sIgh-Phone

Mood: Breezy
Phone: iPhone 7 Plus
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 22,277
Happened to mine and took like 2 days before it provisioned correctly. You may need to do a hard reset and leave it off with the battery out for a day.
KB112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
msu94
Telegraph User

Mine usually clears up within 2 days, but its going on a week now.

I installed the cab file again and it did a soft reset on the phone, but its not any better. Wish I had found that file earlier though. With that website, it looks like they issued TP2 to their staff, and that hands free activation loop reared its ugly head. I wonder if some at Sprint apparently do know about this fault in the phone, and took action to fix it for a client.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:35 AM   #4
KB112
sIgh-Phone

Mood: Breezy
Phone: iPhone 7 Plus
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 22,277
That whole issue sucks. Because it happened to me on vacation last July when we were in the woods of Big Sur. I was really irritated, hopefully this fix works for most people. I was happy to jump into the world of Android though. I really loved my TP2 though.
KB112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
msu94
Telegraph User

Unfortunately this file did not keep the phone i got from doing it. I had installed this on the warranty replacement phone I received, and it still did it when I went out of coverage area.

This will probably be the end of the road with Sprint unless it reprovisions itself. Not interested in going back under contract and a large increase in plan cost, especially with the dial up speeds I have been getting with data.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
earglued
Telephone User

Phone: LG Marquee
SU$: 1,502
This happened to me driving from Pa to Cleveland Sat. in roaming and no service areas. It took till today to start working correctly. The HTC fix didn't. I uninstalled all software and soft reset 20-30 times. Today the phone started to work correctly except for the clock which started working about noon.

Called Sprint today and tech had no clue except hard reset or airplane mode when out of service area or shutting off phone. Never heard of the problem. Just what I wanted, a phone that when one goes out of service area craps for two days. Wasn't this an international phone? Tech suggested also that I pull the Sim card, What?

Today I preordered an HTC EVO 4G LTE.

I wonder if this was planned by Sprint evil b@#$@#ds that they are. They will never fix this problem
earglued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
msu94
Telegraph User

Sprint has to have long known about this flaw in the phone. I do not see how they could have not came up with a real fix for it by now. Mine is still not working after a week, and its getting worse and worse with each reset/reboot that I do.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > Windows Mobile (6.x and earlier) > TP2 hands free activation fix?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: