Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 05:27 AM   #1
bytes2bits
Telephone User

Phone: HTC Evo 4G
SU$: 631
GO SMS mms over wifi

Anyone out there using Go SMS? If I'm on WIFI and I try sending an mms using Go SMS it won't send. I know on my EVO the 3G turns on briefly to send the SMS and then goes back to WIFI. It seems on my Shift that the 3G won't switch on while on WIFI and so the mms just sits there trying to send thorough WIFI (which I don't think is possible). Anyone else experiencing this? I wonder if there's a setting I'm missing?
Thanks.
bytes2bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:54 AM   #2
bytes2bits
Telephone User

Phone: HTC Evo 4G
SU$: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytes2bits View Post
Anyone out there using Go SMS? If I'm on WIFI and I try sending an mms using Go SMS it won't send. I know on my EVO the 3G turns on briefly to send the SMS and then goes back to WIFI. It seems on my Shift that the 3G won't switch on while on WIFI and so the mms just sits there trying to send thorough WIFI (which I don't think is possible). Anyone else experiencing this? I wonder if there's a setting I'm missing?
Thanks.
This sure is a quiet forum. I guess there's not too many Shifts out there yet? Can someone try sending an MMS over WIFI and let me know if your Shift switches to 3G and successfully sends the MMS. As I stated, mine will stay on WIFI and the message just keeps trying to send and never gets sent. As soon as I shut off WIFI the message gets sent through 3G. This is whether I use the stock message app or Go Sms.
Thanks in advance.
bytes2bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
MobileSaurus
Telegraph User

Phone: EVO 4G
SU$: 187
I'm using Go SMS Pro on an EVO 4G and am having the same issue. I have to turn off WiFi in order to send a MMS.
MobileSaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
DJRider
Former SU Mod Grampus Misfire

Mood: Pensive
Trades: 8
My Mood: Pensive
SU$: 101,955
It is that way on Handcent and Chomp also. Sometimes it will go, but 90% of the time the wifi interferes with it. I have an EVO not a shift.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #5
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Sleek No Bezel
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 174,547
I was having the same issue then I power cycled my router. Not sure if that helped but seems to be working now but I like DJ said I think it works when it wants to. lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: