Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 03-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
nashin12
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 54
Bad signal at home, what can I do?

Hello guys, I recently changed over to sprint last week. I bought a HTC EVO. Well the signal is pretty good every where else but I get 1 bar at home. I have already dropped a few calls. I actually had a dropped call while I was talking to a Sprint rep while she was activating my phone too. I do want to stay on Sprint because the services are great and you cant beat the plans. Of course it is pretty important to have good signal at home. I wanted to know if there is anything I can do so I can get a good signal at my house or if Sprint can do anything about it. Any help would be great, Thanks you guys!
nashin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
chibby
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Psychedelic
Phone: Motorola Photon
My Mood: Psychedelic
SU$: 1,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashin12 View Post
Hello guys, I recently changed over to sprint last week. I bought a HTC EVO. Well the signal is pretty good every where else but I get 1 bar at home. I have already dropped a few calls. I actually had a dropped call while I was talking to a Sprint rep while she was activating my phone too. I do want to stay on Sprint because the services are great and you cant beat the plans. Of course it is pretty important to have good signal at home. I wanted to know if there is anything I can do so I can get a good signal at my house or if Sprint can do anything about it. Any help would be great, Thanks you guys!
Check out this forum. Sprint Airvana, Sprint might offer for free as well as the monthly fee.
Call them up, tell them the issue. You have some pull being new and if you might switch due to this...

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2
chibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #3
nashin12
Two Cans & String User

Cool I will check it out. Thanks for the info will let you know how it turns out! =)
Old 03-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
Hola
Cellular Phone User

Phone: 4G
SU$: 4,977
The only problem to be warned about is Airave doesn't always connect to your phone.

I have a couple friends who have an Airave, and it doesn't always pick up signal all the time when I visit them.
Hola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:11 AM   #5
chibby
Walkie Talkie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hola View Post
The only problem to be warned about is Airave doesn't always connect to your phone.

I have a couple friends who have an Airave, and it doesn't always pick up signal all the time when I visit them.
I heard there was a phone or two that wouldn`t. LG Rumor was one, IIRC.
I don`t suppose their airave was set to allow only their numbers to connect?

I had the original airave for a few years and I`ll tell ya, worked wonders. You do need broadband to use.

Edit: I only have experience with the original airave and not the newer, so I may be unaware of any issues there.

Last edited by chibby; 03-08-2011 at 04:14 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
jmalla01
Telephone User

Phone: EVO 4G
SU$: 2,865
One thing I've noticed with the Airave/EVO combination is that my Airave connection works best if I disable WiFi long enough for the EVO to find the Airave. If I don't do that, it seems like the EVO doesn't find the Airave

I've read lots of people have issues with the Airave, but it has dramatically improved my in-house coverage.

Premiere Gold based on 14 years of service

Thanks Sprint User ccchhhrrriiisss for the SU$ donation.
jmalla01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
nashin12
Two Cans & String User

Im gonna call sprint right now to see what i can do. Thanks for all the info. I will keep you guys updated on how it goes. Hopefully something will work out! Thanks guys!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #8
chibby
Walkie Talkie User

Goodluck ! Not saying it is, but if this might possibly cause you to switch, mention that. Let us know!!

Keep in mind that there is a 4.99/month charge. Even if the airave device is free, it costs 4.99/month. Which can be waived.

Last edited by chibby; 03-08-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:04 PM   #9
nashin12
Two Cans & String User

Okay so I just called and the funny thing is I got 2 dropped calls while I was talking to the print rep! She told me the area I was in only had fair signals and since im in my house it is worse. She did tell me about the airave and that it cost about 130 for the device and monthly is 4 bucks a month!! Wow too much for me to spend extra on a phone service. Even though Sprint is pretty cheap already. I said I was a new customer and I would love to stay but if I keep getting dropped calls I probably have to change services again. She than said she will put in a notice to see if I can get all of the fees waived for the device and the monthly fee! It will take a few days but she said most likely they will approve it. So I am just waiting on the notice. Hopefully the airave will be good enough so I dont get dropped calls. As a new Sprint customer I am pretty impressed by their customer service and over all helpfulness. I used to be on Verizon and it wasnt that great. The coverage was great and had great signals but I am loving Sprint right now. Hopefully I wont have any problems with signal or the device once I get it.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #10
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibby View Post
Keep in mind that there is a 4.99/month charge. Even if the airave device is free, it costs 4.99/month. Which can be waived.
Not sure that is true anymore as they have a new plan for Airave... at least for the one you can buy. No monthly service charge for basic usage. $25 a month for unlimited calls (no minutes of plans used).
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #11
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashin12 View Post
Okay so I just called and the funny thing is I got 2 dropped calls while I was talking to the print rep! She told me the area I was in only had fair signals and since im in my house it is worse. She did tell me about the airave and that it cost about 130 for the device and monthly is 4 bucks a month!! Wow too much for me to spend extra on a phone service. Even though Sprint is pretty cheap already. I said I was a new customer and I would love to stay but if I keep getting dropped calls I probably have to change services again. She than said she will put in a notice to see if I can get all of the fees waived for the device and the monthly fee! It will take a few days but she said most likely they will approve it. So I am just waiting on the notice. Hopefully the airave will be good enough so I dont get dropped calls. As a new Sprint customer I am pretty impressed by their customer service and over all helpfulness. I used to be on Verizon and it wasnt that great. The coverage was great and had great signals but I am loving Sprint right now. Hopefully I wont have any problems with signal or the device once I get it.
Sounds like you did not qualify for a free one. I suspect the $4 is for insurance or something. The basic plan is free.
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #12
chibby
Walkie Talkie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
Not sure that is true anymore as they have a new plan for Airave... at least for the one you can buy. No monthly service charge for basic usage. $25 a month for unlimited calls (no minutes of plans used).
Ah, I see some things have changed. Thanks for the intel.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #13
chibby
Walkie Talkie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
Sounds like you did not qualify for a free one. I suspect the $4 is for insurance or something. The basic plan is free.
Hope it works out. And yes, once up and running, you`ll be happy. Full bars plus evdo data.

Just curious, did you speak to reg cs or retentions? The latter would be preferred.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #14
nashin12
Two Cans & String User

Oh wow hopefully I wont pay for anything but 25 bucks a month! wow too much. As much as I like Sprint now if that is the case I need to change again.

Actually I talked to a regular cs rep I didnt know it would be better if I talked to retentions. What is the difference between the two? I will keep that in mind next time though.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #15
nashin12
Two Cans & String User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibby View Post
Hope it works out. And yes, once up and running, you`ll be happy. Full bars plus evdo data.

Just curious, did you speak to reg cs or retentions? The latter would be preferred.
Oh and how do I talk to a person from retentions?
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Bad signal at home, what can I do?

Tags
bad, bad signal, no reception, reception, signal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: