Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
NYHusker
Fandroid

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Rooted GSIII
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 1,733
LG Optimus S Wallpaper changes itself

My wife has been asking me, almost daily to change her wallpaper back to what it was. It keeps "changing" itself to random stuff. At first, it was when she had a live wallpaper of christmas ligths that she had downloaded, and they would disappear. NOW, she just has a plain, non live wallpaper to preserve battery life, and for the life of me, I can't figure this out. It changes to random junk all the time. At first I thought she was changing ID "themes" but realized she has no idea how to do this...and since I'm running CLEAN, and no other ID's installed, she can't be doing that even by accident. Anyone else noticing this?

I'm in IT, I have a Rooted HTC Hero running CM6.1, and I've modded my phone to the max, and it is frustrating me that I can't figure this out. It's got to be something stupid that I'm overlooking.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
CmptrGuy
Android & iPhone Follower

Phone: iP4, iP5, Evo
SU$: 2,782
My mother-in-law had this happening to her phone. I believe I narrowed it down to her accidentally hitting the Sprint ID icon that stays at bottom center of screen! What a poor place for something pretty powerful! For her, however, it wasn't just the wallpaper that would change - it would be the icons too...

See if her icons are changing too and see which Sprint ID is selected each time this happens!
Old 01-23-2011, 06:23 AM   #3
NYHusker
Fandroid

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Rooted GSIII
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 1,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmptrGuy
My mother-in-law had this happening to her phone. I believe I narrowed it down to her accidentally hitting the Sprint ID icon that stays at bottom center of screen! What a poor place for something pretty powerful! For her, however, it wasn't just the wallpaper that would change - it would be the icons too...

See if her icons are changing too and see which Sprint ID is selected each time this happens!
That did happen once but again there are no other id packs installed this is really frustrating
Old 11-11-2011, 11:49 PM   #4
dennola4
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 22
I just got a Sprint LG Optimus S two days ago. Yesterday I pull it out and notice the battery is low. Ten minutes later it has some weird wallpaper.....dark screen with neon pool balls. I think, "Ok, dark background. This must be an energy-saving default screen for when the battery is on it's last 1%." But then I charge it and later it has another stock wallpaper i place of my custom wallpaper.

NOTE*** -- I have customized the application icons in a very recognizable way, so I can say with certainty that the ID itself is that same and that only the wallpaper is changing.

My wallpaper has randomly changed itself now 3-4 times within two days of owning this phone. I lock the screen, put it in my pocket, unlock it...new wallpaper. I set it by my bed, alarm goes off, I grab it to hit snooze......SURPRISE. New wallpaper.

It's either a bug or the result of some button/button combination getting pushed accidentally (such as: Menu > Wallpaper > Live Wallpapers). I'm inclined to suspect the former though, since -- as I said -- the screen was locked.

???

Last edited by dennola4; 11-12-2011 at 12:00 AM.
dennola4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > LG > LG Optimus S Wallpaper changes itself

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: