Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
juryrigger
Telegraph User

SU$: 200
Angry For those on legacy plans...

...has there been any news, rumors, musings, ANYTHING as to if we will be allowed to join the masses with a device that isn't a POS?

I'm on the Fair & Flexible family 800, and Sprint is an absolute joke when it comes to what phones we are allowed to have on that plan, as well as other legacy plans.

We are not allowed to have anything remotely decent. No EVO, Epic, Instinct, or pretty much any phone worth having. The best phone allowed is the Touch Pro 2, which is absolute trash. Sprint has nerve too, STILL charging $200 for that junk. Where do they get the audacity to charge that much for an antiquated piece of sh*t that's been out for years?

Even more laughable- that's the price after instant savings and mail in rebate. For comparison, note that the HTC EVO SHIFT IS ONLY $149 after savings and rebate. What a crock of sh*t! Even the EVO 4G and EPIC are priced at $200!!! So they value the EVO and EPIC the same as the Touch Pro 2? ARGHHHHHHHH! Sprint angers me to no end!!!

The Touch Pro 2 should be one of those negative price after rebate phones that Amazon does, since it's such trash that we should be paid to take it. But instead, they have the balls to charge the same for it as they do the EVO and EPIC!!! And it's more expensive than the Evo Shift!!!

Basically, Sprint treats their longtime customers like trash, and attempts to force them onto newer plans to increase their profits off of us.

Anyway, is there any hope for us in terms of phones? I can't wait till my contract is up so I can leave this absolute joke of a company that is trying to strong-arm me into playing double what I am now!
Old 01-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
kwatcha
Telephone User

Phone: m620
SU$: 1,710
I have been with Sprint since 1999 and IU can tell you that they basically told me either change your plan or just leave.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
juryrigger
Telegraph User

SU$: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwatcha View Post
I have been with Sprint since 1999 and IU can tell you that they basically told me either change your plan or just leave.
Nice.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #4
DJRider
Former SU Mod Grampus Misfire

Mood: Pensive
Trades: 8
My Mood: Pensive
SU$: 101,894
You have been asked to stop posting the same thread in different areas twice now. This is the third time you posted the same thread. There is no need for 3 threads with the same question. If you have any questions please respond to the pm I sent you.

Please keep it here:

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=216473

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

Last edited by DJRider; 01-17-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > Windows Mobile (6.x and earlier) > For those on legacy plans...

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: