Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
jaydunning
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 136
NVP discounts pulled from SERO, effective 3/1/11

Well, this was an unintentional surprise, but figured I'd share with the community. Was discussing discounted rate plans with Executive Services (Dan@sprint.com), and the tail end of their e-mail response included a surprising tidbit that effective 3/1/2011, All SERO/EPRP plans will have corporate discounts removed, as part of a cleanup effort. Sadly, they offered me no perks (like $20/24) beyond what's already widely available.

Full text of e-mail below:

Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2011 9:43 AM
To: Me
Subject: Re: Executive Services (KMMXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Good Morning John,

Thank you for contacting Dan@Sprint.com. Thank you for your long time loyalty to Sprint products and services. I will be more than happy to provide some discounted rate plan options that should be close to what you have requested. Please see below:

1. The Everything Plus Referral Data Share 1600. $109.99 for the 1st and 2nd line, $14.99 each for lines 3-5. This rate plan would provide you with additional minutes, Sprint Navigation, as well as Any Mobile, Anytime. The Any Mobile, Anytime feature allows unlimited cellular to cellular calling regardless of carrier provided you are in the U.S. and within Sprint coverage. This plan is not discountable in any fashion, meaning the 27% discount as well as any other retention offers would be removed.

2. The Everything Data Share 1500. $129.99 for the 1st and 2nd line,
$19.99 each for lines 3-5. This rate plan would provide you with the same Any Mobile, Anytime feature, Sprint Navigation, and all other features of the Everything Referral 1600 at a higher cost and a lower amount of anytime minutes. With this plan choice you would be able to keep your 27% discount as well as any other retention offers you may have on the account currently, provided they are comparable with the new rate plan you choose. Obviously some features would be included in the new plan you may be paying for in your previous plan.

I do want to make you aware that effective 03/01/2011 all SERO/Everything Plus Referral rate plans currently receiving a discount or retention offer will no longer be eligible for these discounts. Any current discounts will be removed. This is part of a clean up effort as these rate plans are already discounted and were not intended to be discounted further. Please be aware we generally do not offer the Everything Plus Referral option unless all of the lines on the account are currently on a SERO or Everything Referral Plan, but for you we have made an exception. I hope this information helps. I look forward to your response. We greatly appreciate your business, please let us know if we can assist you further.

Have a great day!

Jared R.
Dan@Sprint.com Support
Bristol, VA

Helpful Sprint Links:
Check out the HTC EVO 4G: www.sprint.com/evo Do you have 4G? Find out: www.sprint.com/4G
jaydunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
CxC
Custom Title!!

Mood: Ninja
Phone: Optimus S
My Mood: Ninja
SU$: 3,776
This is sad news.

I currently have SERO + PICK3. Does this mean pick3 will be taken away?
The only way to keep it is to switch to one of the newer plans?

Not cool, but I understand it is necessary.
CxC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
VDubb
The Guru

Mood: Amused
Phone: iPhone 5
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 36,458
I wonder how many people are going to start threatening to leave their perfectly good service to pay $60-$120/m at AT&T and Verizon because their $20/m service plan is jumping up to $40/m.

- VDubb
Old 01-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
jcsprint2009
Cordless Phone User

SU$: 3,333
they arent going to take away the PICK3 and stuff like that since those are soc codes. NVP discount which people are not entitled to will be audited and removed as necessary.
jcsprint2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #5
Scoobmd
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Note 2
SU$: 17,406
I will see this as a blessing in disguise.

Maybe I'll finally upgrade my plan and and then my phone to one of the sexy 4G Android phones.

My friends slam Sprint all the time, but I cannot find a better service plan anywhere else.
Scoobmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:30 AM   #6
opportunityad
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Cheerful
Phone: HTC One
My Mood: Cheerful
SU$: 2,301
Well, it was good while it lasted!..
opportunityad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
blackmagicwoman
I love Sprint!

Mood: Fine
Phone: Samsung
Trades: 1
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 3,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsprint2009 View Post
they arent going to take away the PICK3 and stuff like that since those are soc codes. NVP discount which people are not entitled to will be audited and removed as necessary.
Do NVP discounts include employer discounts?
blackmagicwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #8
blackmagicwoman
I love Sprint!

Mood: Fine
Phone: Samsung
Trades: 1
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 3,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmagicwoman View Post
I just read in another thread that IS what NVP discounts are!!!
blackmagicwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #9
chokaay
Now on T-Mobile...

Mood: none
Phone: Apple iPhone 6+
SU$: 15,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmagicwoman View Post

Yes... employer/corporate, student, association, credit union, AOL, etc.
chokaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #10
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
Mo money, mo money, mo money...
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #11
O.F.Fascist
Telegraph User

Phone: Galaxy Nexus
SU$: 329
I have two sero lines, one of them gets the discount, the other does not. We will see if the discount actually comes off. If it does though thats alright because I will probably be upgrading that line to a sero premium one.
O.F.Fascist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #12
jedite7
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 26
Clarification

This clean-up effort will include all discounts, credits, and save offers of any kind. That means NVP, Save Offers, add-ons and SOC codes like Pick 3, Free 6PM, Free First Incoming, etc. Not sure if this will let you out of your agreement, but with SERO Premium now available even without the credits and discounts there isn't a better plan out there with any other carrier.
jedite7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #13
estroh99
Telegraph User

Phone: Blackberry Tour
SU$: 433
I wonder if it will happen on SERO Account types and/or the old SERO equivalent plans too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedite7 View Post
This clean-up effort will include all discounts, credits, and save offers of any kind. That means NVP, Save Offers, add-ons and SOC codes like Pick 3, Free 6PM, Free First Incoming, etc. Not sure if this will let you out of your agreement, but with SERO Premium now available even without the credits and discounts there isn't a better plan out there with any other carrier.
estroh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #14
jedite7
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 26
Re:

Any rate plan or account type tied to Legacy SERO, SERO Premium or Everything Referral will be affected. This has been a long time coming.
jedite7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:38 AM   #15
eng1neer
Telegraph User

SU$: 823
Sero equivalent plans were not touched during the cleanup when the premium plan came around.
eng1neer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Tips & Tricks - All Carriers > SERO > NVP discounts pulled from SERO, effective 3/1/11

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: