Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 12-30-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
cptcrnch1
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 81
Optimus Android phone wont vibrate w/ text

Got a new optimus phone. Vibrate setting is set for Always. If a TEXT is received and the ringer volume is set for ANY audible setting it will NOT vibrate. It will ONLY vibrate if ringer is turned off (vibrate only). This only applies to text messages. Calls will vibrate at any ringer volume setting.
Any ideas how to:
1. get an audible alert AND vibrate with a text message
2. Increase the number of alerts (right now it only does one alert when a text is received - vibrate or audible depending on setting)

Thanks!!
cptcrnch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
rush2112
Walkie Talkie User

SU$: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcrnch1 View Post
Got a new optimus phone. Vibrate setting is set for Always. If a TEXT is received and the ringer volume is set for ANY audible setting it will NOT vibrate. It will ONLY vibrate if ringer is turned off (vibrate only). This only applies to text messages. Calls will vibrate at any ringer volume setting.
Any ideas how to:
1. get an audible alert AND vibrate with a text message
2. Increase the number of alerts (right now it only does one alert when a text is received - vibrate or audible depending on setting)

Thanks!!
I replied to your other thread. It works with Handcent and Google Voice. Not sure about the stock sms app as I don't use that one anymore. All you have to do is follow the instructions in your other thread. You can even set the type of vibrate you want in Handcent....
rush2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rush2112 For This Useful Post:
cptcrnch1 (12-30-2010)
Old 12-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
cptcrnch1
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112 View Post
I replied to your other thread. It works with Handcent and Google Voice. Not sure about the stock sms app as I don't use that one anymore. All you have to do is follow the instructions in your other thread. You can even set the type of vibrate you want in Handcent....
Thank you. I got handcent downloaded. any idea how to go about turn off stock sms for optimus. the instructions on handcent website don't seem to match my stock menu buttons. thx again. Jr
cptcrnch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
KB112
Currently G'd up

Mood: Breezy
Phone: LG G2
SU$: 21,087
Open the stock sms app and uncheck all the boxes regarding notification or download mms etc. Its super quick and easy. Did this on my daughters Optimus the day we got it and installed handcent.
KB112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > LG > Optimus Android phone wont vibrate w/ text

Tags
android, optimus, text, vibrate

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: