Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 11-03-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
housej55
Telephone User

Phone: Treo Pro
SU$: 569
BB Style - Apps Compatability, how long?

I picked up this phone last night and am very happy with the build quality and its performance. I was scrolling through the apps store last night and was dissapointed when I didn't find apps for Ebay, Amazon, Slingplayer, and Viigo. When I went on the web through a pc, I could see them in there but quickly realized, those companies do not have a compatible app for the 9670 (too new). I tried using the pearl version but that didn't work either for the amazon app, just states they don't have a version for my model.

How long do you think it will be before these apps are available? I guess this all depends on the success of the device, but I totally did not think about this when purchasing a new model right out of the gate.

There are some apps for sure, but those are the bigger ones above that I guess now will just be a waiting game.
housej55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
mkoso
Cordless Phone User

Mood: Breezy
Phone: Moto Krzr
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 7,330
Send a message via Yahoo to mkoso
Ditto, same here.
mkoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
cheech4
Telephone User

Phone: BB Style 9670
SU$: 2,847
I'm in the same boat here been waiting on a few Paid apps that need to work with the Style and no go so far. kinda irritating if i must say.
cheech4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:55 AM   #4
housej55
Telephone User

Phone: Treo Pro
SU$: 569
If we could just get the .cod and .alx files from someone on the forum, we could manually install them and see how they work. I did this with Sportypal and it works great.
housej55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > RIM BlackBerry Phones > BB Style - Apps Compatability, how long?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: