Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 06:00 AM   #1
wayne622
Telephone User

Mood: Fine
Phone: HTC EVO 4G
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 703
Question Return Airave?

I used to live in area where I didnt receive any service which was why I had an Airave. I recently moved and I really dont have a need for the device but it would be nice to keep it. Im currently getting a discount for the $4.99 monthly charge. So now onto my question....Will I see a major difference in my monthly bill as far as taxes if I decide to return it?
Old 11-03-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
edlee
senior citizen

Phone: GS4
SU$: 1,787
you are better off selling in on ebay than returning it. Taxes on $0 should be close to nothing if not they might charge at most $1.00
edlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
Be careful selling it. You may not own it. Did you pay anything for it?
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #4
wayne622
Telephone User

Mood: Fine
Phone: HTC EVO 4G
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 703
No, I didnt pay anything for it.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:24 PM   #5

SU$: 0
then you dont own it sprint does, you should return it, just call up account services they can send you a return kit and remove the line its attached to.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
grandebob
Telegraph User

Phone: Evo Shift
SU$: 577
Sprint accidentally sent me 2 air raves. I attempted to return the second one and they wouldn't take it back. I get two $5 credits a month, totaling $10. Buggered if I know what to do with the second.

I would say cancel it on your account (just like a phone number) wait a month or two and then sell it.
grandebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #7

SU$: 0
if its an airvana send it to me lol! mine is broken and sprint is backordered on replacements :-(
Old 11-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #8
Oreva
Telegraph User

SU$: 346
There are several reasons not to sell this on ebay.

1 - If you didn't pay anything for the device, you do not own it. In the event that you leave sprint, you will have to return the device or be charged a "non returned equipment" fee which you will not like.

2 - The serial number of the device is attached to you account, if you sell it, they wont be able to activate it until you cancel it from your account, if you do cancel it and don't return it, refer to 1 reason.

You should not see a big difference in taxes whether you have it or not, the monthly fee for the device is $4.99, I don't know the taxes in your states but it should not be a lot.

You might not be aware that the $4.99 credit expires after 2 years, afterwards you will be charged the monthly fee.

The good thing aboutt the airave is that since its portable, you can use it anywhere there is a high speed internet connection
Oreva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:42 PM   #9
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 128,899
I believe that older samsung airaves were sent "free" as a charge and credit. The same was true of the service. Airvana units are supposed to be free as a retentions offer and are billed out at $0 per month.

Here is my suggestion. Contact Sprint to cancel the line and go from there. If Sprint wants it back, the rep will inform you and send you a return kit. If you dont get told about Sprint wanting it back, wait at least 2 weeks for one to show up unexpectedly. If you get a return kit, send it back.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:01 AM   #10
grandebob
Telegraph User

Phone: Evo Shift
SU$: 577
I have the Samsung air raves, and have had them for over a year.

I haven't tried, but they don't work "everywhere" from what I understand they make sure via GPS that they are in an area where sprint has service. I've been debating taking my extra one to my brother's cabin in the woods and see if it works on the DSL he has there since there is no sprint coverage in his town.

I think I will cancel one of them and see if they request a return. Since they didn't have any record of sending it to me, i think I might be in the clear to sell one.
grandebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:46 PM   #11
Oreva
Telegraph User

SU$: 346
youre right, my bad, if you are in roaming only it wont work, you can go to sprint.com/phones and right next to the option of buying the airave there will be a "check airave coverage" option, check your brother zip code there
Oreva is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Return Airave?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: