Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 11-02-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
Thunder18
Believe it!

Mood: Blah
Phone: LG Optimus G
My Mood: Blah
SU$: 5,992
Wirelessly posted (Instinct: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_7; en-us) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17)

My dad and I live in the same city in the same time zone, but for some reason, if he goes into the menu under date and time, his only option to select for the time zone is central standard time which is an hour later than it should.
In comparison, my phone has the option for central daylight time which displays the correct local time.
This causes his Android notification bar to actually reflect an hour differently from the widget. I did try removing the widget and re-adding it. I also manually set the time by checking use network time, but there does not appear to be a way to actually manipulate the time on the widget itself. Any ideas?
Thunder18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #2
scott_walker
Cordless Phone User

Phone: HTC One
SU$: 2,164
Why don't you just select Automatic and let the network adjust those settings for you? Mine's always been set to automatic with no problems.
scott_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
Beer Abuser
Buck extra the worth always is beer good

Mood: Buzzed
Phone: HTC PC36100
My Mood: Buzzed
SU$: 64,496
I just went to date & time, unclicked use network, set time to something random & worked for status & widget.

Have you checked clock versions?

Cleared data / cache under app?

Update profile?

Last resort you could use fancy widgets v1 or v2, which as close you can get to sense clock for free and without having to buy beautiful widgets.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/10...disappearance/

If you have issues finding v1 let me know, I have it installed.

Edit: My sense clock version is 1.00.0020.25248 found in about section in app.

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Last edited by Beer Abuser; 11-03-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Beer Abuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #4
bigaL4u2c
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Samsung Galaxy5
SU$: 2,340
My EVO is 3 minutes behind? Anyone else have this problem. I've done everything from turned it off, take the battery out, etc. I have it on automatic. When I put it next to one of my other Sprint phones, it's 3 minutes behind. Any Help? Thanks
bigaL4u2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #5
Thunder18
Believe it!

Wirelessly posted (Instinct: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_7; en-us) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_walker
Why don't you just select Automatic and let the network adjust those settings for you? Mine's always been set to automatic with no problems.
Automatic is where we started from with both the widget and the notification panel reading an hour ahead. Unchecking automatic allowed us to set time in the notification panel only, not the widget.

I guess the real mystery is why does mine have a time zone denoting daylight standard central, but his does not? That would resolve the whole issue.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:22 PM   #6
Thunder18
Believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Abuser
I just went to date & time, unclicked use network, set time to something random & worked for status & widget.

Have you checked clock versions?

Cleared data / cache under app?

Update profile?

Last resort you could use fancy widgets v1 or v2, which as close you can get to sense clock for free and without having to buy beautiful widgets.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/10...disappearance/

If you have issues finding v1 let me know, I have it installed.

Edit: My sense clock version is 1.00.0020.25248 found in about section in app.
I did try and set the time manually, but it did not affect the widget, or rather, whatever time I set it too, the widget would display an hour later while the notification panel would show whatever time I set.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > HTC > htc clock/weather widget time discrepancy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: