Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
The Red Baron
Formerly known as Red Baron

Phone: Nexus 5
SU$: 9,191
The Official 2010-2011 NFL Season Thread

Un. Friggin. Believable! The season is just around the corner and not even a single thread about it. You guys call yourselves fans? Or do everyone on SU live in Detroit or St. Louis?

So this tread will be very straightforward: What team(s) are you rooting for and why? I'll do the kickoff (yes, I won the coin toss by default).

NY Jets
I currently live in Chi-Town, but was born and raised in Queens, NY. Rex Ryan proved last season that he has the **** to back his big mouth, and his defensive is nothing less than a sight to behold. If Sanchez can just maintain his mediocracy, the Jets are looking really good because virtually all the other positions got stronger.

NY Giants
Not really my team, but it's a NY team so... They don't look any better or worse than last season, but they always have the Eli factor. If he starts breaking apart defenses this season like his brother breaks apart my beloved Jets', that may be enough for them to go very far or even all the way.

So what's your team and how's the next season looking for you guys?
The Red Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:39 AM   #2
some18mybrain
Still Going Strong

Mood: Mellow
Phone: Galaxy SIII
Trades: 2
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 29,551
Dallas Baby!

I've been a Cowboys fan since I first got into football. They had a taste of postseason victory last year for the first time in a LOOOONG time.....PLUS add the fact that the Superbowl will be played in their stadium this year....I think that will give them that much more of an incentive to make it all the way. And if they do, I can't wait to see how the fans will blow the roof off of that place!
Every smile that lights my face; Every teardrop, every trace; Every secret hidden place; Belongs to you. Everything that's good in me; All I'll ever hope to be; Every drop of every dream; Belongs to you.
Frank and Rebecca - Joined forever on May 16th, 2009
some18mybrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
woldemariam
Telegraph User

Phone: EVO LTE
SU$: 525
Send a message via AIM to woldemariam
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Baron View Post
Un. Friggin. Believable! The season is just around the corner and not even a single thread about it. You guys call yourselves fans? Or do everyone on SU live in Detroit or St. Louis?

So this tread will be very straightforward: What team(s) are you rooting for and why? I'll do the kickoff (yes, I won the coin toss by default).

NY Jets
I currently live in Chi-Town, but was born and raised in Queens, NY. Rex Ryan proved last season that he has the **** to back his big mouth, and his defensive is nothing less than a sight to behold. If Sanchez can just maintain his mediocracy, the Jets are looking really good because virtually all the other positions got stronger.

NY Giants
Not really my team, but it's a NY team so... They don't look any better or worse than last season, but they always have the Eli factor. If he starts breaking apart defenses this season like his brother breaks apart my beloved Jets', that may be enough for them to go very far or even all the way.

So what's your team and how's the next season looking for you guys?
my team is the baltimore ravens and they are going to the super bowl this year, no doubt about it. oh by the way they are going to start the season by whipping your jets, no doubt about it
woldemariam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:20 AM   #4
GoldenBlaze
Account Locked

Mood: Relaxed
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 23,236
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9650/5.0.0.732 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

GO GREEN BAY PACKERS!!! They are in it to WIN IT!!!!
GoldenBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
The Red Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldemariam View Post
my team is the baltimore ravens and they are going to the super bowl this year, no doubt about it. oh by the way they are going to start the season by whipping your jets, no doubt about it
How are they gonna beat my Jets when Flacco will spend most of the time on his back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBlaze View Post
GO GREEN BAY PACKERS!!! They are in it to WIN IT!!!!
I donno about them going all the way, but their offence will be very interesting to watch this season. Their D, I'm not so sure about.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:46 PM   #6
Mike-G
Telegraph User

SU$: 324
Go EAGLES!
Mike-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:09 AM   #7
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
Go Brownies keep that winning streak going.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
iPhoneLover
Formerly known as EvoLover

Phone: iPhone 4S
SU$: 2,267
DA Bears got lucky and Lions got screwed! Calvin Johnson had a TD no questions asked IMO, total control. NFL needs to change that rule that over turned that.

And I has HOU winning that game in my pool too!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #9
The Red Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackberryUser View Post
DA Bears got lucky and Lions got screwed! Calvin Johnson had a TD no questions asked IMO, total control. NFL needs to change that rule that over turned that.
Even the Bears fans here think it should have been a completion, but you can bet they're not complaining about it! They're also very concerned: If they struggled that hard against the Lions, how the heck are they supposed to play against a real NFL team?
Old 09-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #10
iPhoneLover
Formerly known as EvoLover

Phone: iPhone 4S
SU$: 2,267
Quote:
Even the Bears fans here think it should have been a completion, but you can bet they're not complaining about it! They're also very concerned: If they struggled that hard against the Lions, how the heck are they supposed to play against a real NFL team?
I think people are sleeping on the Lions, they have gotten ALOT better. Thats with Stafford ofcourse. Had he stayed in the game I think they would have won easily. The Bears will be lucky to win 7 games this season
Old 09-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #11
The Red Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackberryUser View Post
I think people are sleeping on the Lions, they have gotten ALOT better. Thats with Stafford ofcourse. Had he stayed in the game I think they would have won easily. The Bears will be lucky to win 7 games this season
I kinna felt sorry for Stafford: Work hard, become the number 1 pick of the draft... and play for the Lions?
Old 09-13-2010, 12:38 AM   #12
GoldenBlaze
Account Locked

Mood: Relaxed
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 23,236
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9650/5.0.0.732 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

The Lions I think are gonna make their presence known this year. Dallas did what they do best, choke on the winning play. The Texans will be a contender this year. Vick is a game changer but too late. GOOO PACKERS!!! It was a grrrrreat day for football.
GoldenBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:11 AM   #13
DJRider
Former SU Mod Grampus Misfire

Mood: Pensive
Trades: 8
My Mood: Pensive
SU$: 102,526
Dallas as usual is a pretender, not a contender. As long as Wade Philips is the coach they are going nowhere.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #14
The Red Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldemariam View Post
Quote:
How are they gonna beat my Jets when Flacco will spend most of the time on his back?.
Wow. Talk about foot in mouth! I think Rex rubbed off on me too much!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #15
FloorMatt
Retired Admin
3D rEVOlution

Phone: HTC EVO 3D
Trades: 10
SU$: 13,704
Go Texans! Great game against the Colts; Arian Foster was awesome.

I hope I get to see the next game, against the Redskins.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > The SU Lounge > The Arena > Football > The Official 2010-2011 NFL Season Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: