Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Dj0287
Two Cans & String User

Phone: A900
SU$: 57
speakerphone always on evo

Can someone help me I have no idea what I did or if there is a setting but earlier today my evo's speakerphone automatically comes on when I get a call or when I place a call...is there a setting to keep this from happening cuz if so I havent found it thanks
Dj0287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
Hank3rd
Telephone User

Phone: EVO
Trades: 1
SU$: 494
Same thing happened to me. It took two hard resets to fix.

1500 Everything Plan with 18% Discount

My site: Shopbluenow.com
Hank3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #3
LouAnn1338
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 14
I had the same problem.

Took my battery out and put it back in and it's working fine. Have had this issue for the past week. Happened after a weird satellite issue last Monday. I was in Michigan on the lake but the GPS was reading me in Racine Wisconsin. Then once that corrected itself several hours later, it had me in the right city but the wrong time zone. It was a weird day. My big complaint came when I lost my mayorship to Silver Beach Pizza because I couldn't check in on Four Square in the location I was currently standing in since it was showing me located on the other side of the lake. Twilight zone for sure.
LouAnn1338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
mcwick81
Smartphone Addict

Phone: Galaxy S3
SU$: 1,723
Send a message via AIM to mcwick81 Send a message via Yahoo to mcwick81
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouAnn1338 View Post
Took my battery out and put it back in and it's working fine. Have had this issue for the past week. Happened after a weird satellite issue last Monday. I was in Michigan on the lake but the GPS was reading me in Racine Wisconsin. Then once that corrected itself several hours later, it had me in the right city but the wrong time zone. It was a weird day. My big complaint came when I lost my mayorship to Silver Beach Pizza because I couldn't check in on Four Square in the location I was currently standing in since it was showing me located on the other side of the lake. Twilight zone for sure.
I am having the same problem!
mcwick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
dgoladay
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 23
Same issue

I am having the same problem for a few days now. I have tried quite a few factory resets and removing the battery (and even formatting the SD card - for no other reason that maybe there was something stored there). Nothing gets the phone out of speakerphone unless you are in a call and press the speaker button. Another strange thing that I see is when I do a factory reset, when the phone starts, it is in car dock mode. Not sure if this is related, or if the phone always boots like this after a restore.
dgoladay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
bsia
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 13
Help Speaker always turns on incoming and outgoing

Same Issue. Last Saturday I went to answer a call and it answered in speakerphone mode. When I place a call same thing. Not only is this incredible irritating but I have business call forwarded and well, its a mess.

I have tried EVERYTHING! I have hard reset twice, flashed new ROMS (issue did go away once with one of the ROMS but the ROM was terrible, it was like the Droid X ROM which I dont like-strange how it stopped with that ROM??)

Anyhow, I DO live in Michigan, I saw that spomeone had that problem while passing through. Seriously, I think Ive done everything, any ideas?
bsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #7
Gregory Earl
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 7
Same issues here in Kentucky. Phone was going to car panel mode for no reason. Finally got it turned off after a week or so. Now phone is always on speaker phone. Have to manually turn it off with every phone call. Wonder if the last update got some wires crossed?
Gregory Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #8
Star444
Now with Ting!

Phone: Evo 3D on Ting
Trades: 7
SU$: 9,818
Has anyone taken their phone in to Sprint to see what they say? Or called Sprint? If it is that wide-spread I would be interested to know what Sprint has to say about it.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
Michael_squared
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 23
Same here. The phone started going directly into speaker mode and when I'm in a call it goes in and out of speaker mode. This seems to have started when I started roaming while on a camping trip in Pennsylvania. My base is in Louisville, Kentucky. On the way home during 4th of July weekend my phone kept going into Car Panel mode. I went to the Sprint store technical department and they said it needed a Hard Re-set. So, I backed-up all my apps, my sms, contacts, etc. and performed a hard re-set. Guess what? It's still doing it. I have seen many complaints about this on several forums and there doesn't seem to be a scientific 'fix'. Hellooooo Sprint and HTC. Can you send us a patch? I downloaded Gingerbread about two weeks ago. It seem related if you ask me. I really like my HTC EVO, but I'm starting to feel abandoned and the technical department seems to be making trial and error guess work.

Help! Oh, btw, I've checked all the settings. And, additionally, my phone screen comes on randomly. It could just be sitting on my desk....no movement and it lights up. Weird.
Michael_squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #10
tool2269
Rocket Surgeon

Mood: Ninja
Phone: Galaxy S3
My Mood: Ninja
SU$: 18,772
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269
Wirelessly posted (My Evo: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; PC36100 Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Can you remember any apps you installed prior to the problem? I assume you installed the same ones afterwards. Try a hard reset and don't install any apps and see if the problems are still there. Just throwing out ideas
Old 07-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #11
brazil5376
Cordless Phone User

Phone: HTC EVO 4G
Trades: 5
SU$: 6,197
same here and i'm in NYC
Old 07-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #12
Squall_Line
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC EVO
SU$: 867
LMAO... and I was told that I'm in the "minority" with my problems since the G-bread update.

This board is littered with issues now.

Here's a thought... have you guys checked your settings? Gbread has a setting that automatically sends the call to speakerphone if you tilt the phone horizontal. Maybe that's causing your issues? Just a guess...
Old 07-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #13
zavex
Telegraph User

SU$: 284
Here is a thread I found on the issue over at xda.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1107759

I have the same issues, but have not yet tried the proposed tinfoil solution.
zavex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #14
Irishman42
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Breezy
Phone: HTC Rezound
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 6,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall_Line View Post
LMAO... and I was told that I'm in the "minority" with my problems since the G-bread update.

This board is littered with issues now.

Here's a thought... have you guys checked your settings? Gbread has a setting that automatically sends the call to speakerphone if you tilt the phone horizontal. Maybe that's causing your issues? Just a guess...
Menu>settings>sound>flip for speaker

Sometimes if you toggle these settings it will fix the issues.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #15
SPreston2001
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Cool
Phone: HTC One
My Mood: Cool
SU$: 3,197
I have a similar issue with my phone and it may not even be a problem. When someone calls me I can hear them while my phone is ringing. Example if someone is riding in their car listening to music and they decide to call me, as their calling me I can hear their environment on my speakerphone. When I answer the call it works as normal but I dont understand why im able to hear them as their calling. It can be handy at times if someone calls me from a blocked # I can listen to see if I can recognize their voice or environment but is that normal? It can also get alot of people in trouble if their hanging out with a significant other and they get a call from sum1 they maybe shouldnt and the other person hears them talking or singing while their waiting on you to answer lol.
SPreston2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > HTC > speakerphone always on evo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: