Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
njtc4
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 15
What do these automated messages mean?

Yesterday, I called my friend a few times and I received a message saying: "The person you called is unavailable right now. Please try again later." The phone never rang; it just went straight to that message. Then, today, I called him a few times, and every time I get: "Please hold while the subscriber you are trying to reach is located." It would then go straight to voicemail.

I know for a fact that my calls aren't being rejected, so what could be the reason for this? Is it because he hasn't paid his bill and his service has been cut off?
njtc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
Boo!

Mood: Fine
Phone: HTC Arrive
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 944
I would say they suspended their services, or their services were suspended for one reason or another.
711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 128,903
They sound like "old nextel" messages. Is that person on Boost iDEN or Nextel?
Old 08-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
diveborg
journeyman electrician

Mood: Blah
Phone: LG Optimus
My Mood: Blah
SU$: 29,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by njtc4 View Post
Then, today, I called him a few times, and every time I get: "Please hold while the subscriber you are trying to reach is located." It would then go straight to voicemail.
Yup, that's the Nextel message I hear sometimes using my work nextel phone.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
There are services that ring several phones that generate messages like that.
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #6
pileosnafu
Cordless Phone User

Phone: 9650 & Epic
SU$: 4,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by njtc4 View Post
"The person you called is unavailable right now. Please try again later." The phone never rang; it just went straight to that message.
That message is for (as mentioned) suspended services for whatever reason. Lost/Stolen, unpaid bill, end user (or account holder) request to block calls)

Quote:
"Please hold while the subscriber you are trying to reach is located." It would then go straight to voicemail.
Nextel message, while searching for the phone then the phone was out of coverage, or off so it went to VM
Old 08-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #7
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 128,903
Nothing like having

"we are unable to complete your call at this time, please try your call again later" when your trying to call a number, or having your mother have issues with calling your cell phone but your wife's (on the same account) works just fine. My mother got that "unable to complete" message when trying to call me, but I could call her just fine.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: