Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 4.81 average. Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 12:46 AM   #76
pileosnafu
Cordless Phone User

Phone: 9650 & Epic
SU$: 4,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
Thanks for the answer. She ended up going to the store first before checking back with me and the rep wanted the sell really bad. She asked about the Everything Plus and of course he cant offer that so instead he gave her the Home Depot Corp Discount for 25% off.. It comes out to being cheaper but is it safe to be on a corp discount if you dont work there. I know Sprint didnt double check this stuff back in the day but alot of changes have been made.. Thanks guys!
Also to the EPRP when what I understand they cannot get the EPIC or EVO yet (I might be mistaken on the $59.99 plans, v the Advantage club plans) but previous info is correct as they would have to buy @ Sprint.com with referral info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Well, while it is unlikely that Sprint will ask her for documentation, the rep would be fired for sure if anyone found out they were applying discounts that the customer didn't qualify for.
As Dan said its fraud, on the rep's part and kind of on your friends part as she knows she does not work for HD, but is utilizing their discount. But odds of it being checked are slim, but it could happen in the future
Celsius (09-05-2010)
Old 09-05-2010, 06:56 AM   #77
SHD Valley
Telegraph User

Mood: Busy
Phone: iPhone4s
My Mood: Busy
SU$: 397
Add a phone line w/o changing contract?

This is my current plan:
Family 550(SM) Plan
Line 1: $59.99 Minimum Monthly Charge
Line 2: Free
Lines 3-5: $9.99 Each
550 Included Anytime Minutes

I want to add a third line. I already have a phone. Is it possible to do that without extending my contract another two years? My current plan has some discounts that last for the life of the plan and when they expire, I don't want to be stuck in a contract and then have a big increase in monthly charges.

Thanks in advance!
SHD Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #78
Celsius
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Bored
Phone: Touch Pro wm6.5
My Mood: Bored
SU$: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by pileosnafu View Post
Also to the EPRP when what I understand they cannot get the EPIC or EVO yet (I might be mistaken on the $59.99 plans, v the Advantage club plans) but previous info is correct as they would have to buy @ Sprint.com with referral info

Thanks for the help but that concerns me because I have 59.99 Everything Plus and I am ready to ditch my moment. I had a Sero Plan but was "forced" off of it when every Touch Pro I would get overheated; and the only comparable phones I was offered weren't compatible with my plan. I would prefer to go back to my Sero plan once iconic devices are allowed. What should I do?? Start trying to get my old plan back or?? I was told by the rep that Everything Plus was like another form of Sero..
Celsius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:00 PM   #79
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Mood: Mellow
Phone: HTC One M8
Trades: 1
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 28,334
Send a message via AIM to bigchico68
Quote:
Thanks for the answer. She ended up going to the store first before checking back with me and the rep wanted the sell really bad. She asked about the Everything Plus and of course he cant offer that so instead he gave her the Home Depot Corp Discount for 25% off.. It comes out to being cheaper but is it safe to be on a corp discount if you dont work there. I know Sprint didnt double check this stuff back in the day but alot of changes have been made.. Thanks guys!
you guys wont have anything to worry about, sprint doesn't really check up on stuff like that because it is up to the rep to check, so no it wouldn't be on you all if they did find out she wasn't working there.
bigchico68 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigchico68 For This Useful Post:
Celsius (09-06-2010)
Old 09-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #80
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Quote:
Thanks for the help but that concerns me because I have 59.99 Everything Plus and I am ready to ditch my moment. I had a Sero Plan but was "forced" off of it when every Touch Pro I would get overheated; and the only comparable phones I was offered weren't compatible with my plan. I would prefer to go back to my Sero plan once iconic devices are allowed. What should I do?? Start trying to get my old plan back or?? I was told by the rep that Everything Plus was like another form of Sero..
The everything plus referral plans can get the 4g phones already so you don't have anything to worry about there. It is the advantage plans that can not get them. I tried to activate an evo for someone on an advantage plan yesterday and got an error trying to do so.
Celsius (09-06-2010)
Old 09-05-2010, 11:26 PM   #81
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchico68 View Post
The everything plus referral plans can get the 4g phones already so you don't have anything to worry about there. It is the advantage plans that can not get them. I tried to activate an evo for someone on an advantage plan yesterday and got an error trying to do so.
That changes on 10/1, just like SERO, right?
Old 09-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #82
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Quote:
That changes on 10/1, just like SERO, right?
I believe so yes. I think I remember reading something about that. Ill have to check at work when I go back thursday to be sure.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:56 PM   #83
mrsprintaustin
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 30
What are the chances that the EVO will become available again online come 10/1 when SERO users become eligible for it? Trying to choose between the EVO and Epic but may not have a choice if it's not available...

Will it be possible to do the upgrade to SERO Premium at a Sprint store on 10/1? I'd like to be able to have the phone right away rather than wait a couple of days for it to ship.
mrsprintaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:46 AM   #84
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsprintaustin View Post
What are the chances that the EVO will become available again online come 10/1 when SERO users become eligible for it? Trying to choose between the EVO and Epic but may not have a choice if it's not available...

Will it be possible to do the upgrade to SERO Premium at a Sprint store on 10/1? I'd like to be able to have the phone right away rather than wait a couple of days for it to ship.
Well, the EVO was available this past weekend till it sold out again. I'd be pretty sure Sprint is trying to sell these devices to as many people as possible, and gets shipments in every week or 2. While its no guarantee of availability, its a pretty good chance that more will have arrived between now and then.

It should be possible, even if the store rep has to make a phone call to CS to get it taken care of. Corporate stores and "telesales" are supposed to be the 2 places where you can upgrade. It may even happen that a store would have an EVO for you where telesales were sold out.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:04 AM   #85
mrsprintaustin
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 30
Quote:
Well, the EVO was available this past weekend till it sold out again. I'd be pretty sure Sprint is trying to sell these devices to as many people as possible, and gets shipments in every week or 2. While its no guarantee of availability, its a pretty good chance that more will have arrived between now and then.

It should be possible, even if the store rep has to make a phone call to CS to get it taken care of. Corporate stores and "telesales" are supposed to be the 2 places where you can upgrade. It may even happen that a store would have an EVO for you where telesales were sold out.
Thank you! Are "Corporate Stores" basically anything labeled as a "Sprint Store" when I use the store locator tool on Sprint.com?
mrsprintaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #86
Shoreline
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Touch Pro2
SU$: 51
Please help! Phone number swap possible? If not, why?

I wish to switch my F&F 500 phone number with a number from my Family Plan, but keep my plans as they stand.

I emailed ecare a week ago and I never recieved a straight response, just a bunch of links as to where I might find my answer (didnt help) and very general information as to why it would be benificial to upgrade my plan... Great.

I contacted Sprint via online chat a few days ago and was told it was possible, but I didn't go through with it at the last moment because I started to consider upgrading my plan. Rep said I could come back and make the switch at any time. Great!

Now, being ready for the switch to what I originally wanted I spoke with Sprint via online chat today, but ran into some communication problems with the rep. The rep mistakenly created another F&F line and wanted to port over the number from my family Plan to the newly created F&F line. After some time I gave up and decided to have everything returned to what my lines were originally and phone support instead.

Called support *2 and was told they couldn't do it after the rep talked with his super. I asked why it wasn't possible and got a long sales pitch to upgrade my plan. I asked again and the rep LITERALLY started mumbling. I kid you not... The guy mumbled, stopped and then mumbled more. I hung up. Was everything he said for real, minus the mumbling? WOW. ha-ha. I'm so lost now!

Possible. yes. no, maybe so? Seriously, thanks for your time and help!

Last edited by Shoreline; 09-10-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Shoreline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #87
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsprintaustin View Post
Thank you! Are "Corporate Stores" basically anything labeled as a "Sprint Store" when I use the store locator tool on Sprint.com?
yes if it says "sprint store" then that is corporate and if it says "sprint store by...." then that is a third party and if it says "ready now store" next to that third party store then they have evo's. Well let me rephrase that, they can get evos, whether they have them in stock or not that is a different story. We have evos at my store and we get them every week on a regular basis, but they are gone within two days everytime of us getting them.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #88
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreline View Post
I wish to switch my F&F 500 phone number with a number from my Family Plan, but keep my plans as they stand.

I emailed ecare a week ago and I never recieved a straight response, just a bunch of links as to where I might find my answer (didnt help) and very general information as to why it would be benificial to upgrade my plan... Great.

I contacted Sprint via online chat a few days ago and was told it was possible, but I didn't go through with it at the last moment because I started to consider upgrading my plan. Rep said I could come back and make the switch at any time. Great!

Now, being ready for the switch to what I originally wanted I spoke with Sprint via online chat today, but ran into some communication problems with the rep. The rep mistakenly created another F&F line and wanted to port over the number from my family Plan to the newly created F&F line. After some time I gave up and decided to have everything returned to what my lines were originally and phone support instead.

Called support *2 and was told they couldn't do it after the rep talked with his super. I asked why it wasn't possible and got a long sales pitch to upgrade my plan. I asked again and the rep LITERALLY started mumbling. I kid you not... The guy mumbled, stopped and then mumbled more. I hung up. Was everything he said for real, minus the mumbling? WOW. ha-ha. I'm so lost now!

Possible. yes. no, maybe so? Seriously, thanks for your time and help!
if you just want one of your lines on your account to be on a different line on your account that has a different plan, you just need to do a flip flop on the numbers. just go to a store much easier then over the phone.
Shoreline (09-10-2010)
Old 09-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #89
goyalmr
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 4
My cell phone stopped ringing when sone calls. I have tried to re set the ringer but did not help.
Thanks.
Mohan
goyalmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #90
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyalmr View Post
My cell phone stopped ringing when sone calls. I have tried to re set the ringer but did not help.
Thanks.
Mohan
Did you possibly assign a silent ringer, or are the calls going right to voicemail?

Tags
questions, sprint rep, technician

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: