Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 4.81 average. Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 05:06 PM   #751
Goaliebart
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 15
Smartphone with old plan?

I have a grandfathered Biz Essentials 400 Plan for 40 bucks, with NO contract...and am using the i680 Brute Motorola .....can I buy a smartphone (Sprint) on ebay, and activate on my acc't? I do not want data.....just a unit with a nice screen, better camera, etc......OR.........
Must I cancel my present plan, which includes FREE calls to Canada.....and switch to the Simply Anything for twice the price? and lose my FREE to Canada option? :confused::confused: I do not text, and have 7 computers.....I do not have any need to go on-line/surf the web/access the interent, with a telephone. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Goaliebart
Goaliebart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #752
Wolfgang
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
SU$: 491
SERO Premium for iPhone question

BigChico,

I used to have SERO, until I (moronically) "upgraded" to an HTC Touch Pro three years ago. (It has been a slow, clumsy, and unreliable phone.) Now I pay for my own and my dad's phone on a Free and Clear Family 2000 plan for $92/month or so. Long out of contract, fortunately.

I talked with a manager in Retentions about upgrading to a pair of iPhones, and with a 25% corporate discount, the best she very politely but firmly would give me was $137/month. That struck me as worse-than-retail pricing, but I figured it wasn't worth pursuing with her anymore. Better to join a friend's AT&T plan than do that.

Is it practically possible to convert this (back) to a pair of SERO plans? I'm willing to jump through some hoops to do it (if it requires setting up a pair of new lines first, e.g.). But is it feasible? Is the employee ID available in this forum enough? (The manager I spoke with above said I wasn't eligible for SERO Premium because I didn't have an employee referral.)

I'm very grateful for your help.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 11-09-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Added "Family" to the plan name.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #753
YPG
You down with YPG?

Mood: onvacation
Phone: M1 for life!
Trades: 13
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 42,357
What is the current insurance replacement for a Rant?
YPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #754
Wolfgang
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
SU$: 491
I ended up consolidating plans with my brother's family, so now we have 5 lines in an everything data family plan 1500 for basically $200 after corporate discount and before taxes. 4 of those phones are premium data, though surprisingly I was able to pull my old first-incoming-minute-free and Pick 3 along with me, and my dad's 60 bonus minutes. (Not my brother's 300, however!)

This is, per line, cheaper than SERO Premium ($40 instead of $50), though the minutes are shared and cumulatively less than 5 SERO plans, of course.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #755
TonyTurboII
Resident Android Expert

Mood: Buzzed
Phone: Epic Touch
My Mood: Buzzed
SU$: 9,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by YPG View Post
What is the current insurance replacement for a Rant?
Depends. Are you talking an actual insurance replacement from Asurion, or a no cost defective phone replacement from Sprint?
TonyTurboII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #756
sm55
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 38
We are having continuous problems receiving or making calls and sending or receiving text messages in St. Louis, MO 63108 (Saint Louis University Campus). The problem started around October 24, 2011. The Sprint Customer Service tried to debug over the phone. They told us we need to bring in the LG Rumor Touch 2 into the store for debuging. We went ahead and got a new phone (also a LG Rumor Touch 2) but the problem continues with the new phone. The customer service representative reprogrammed the phone on Nov 09, 2011 but to no avail.
The phone shows 3 or 4 bars but still no calls can be received or made, no SMS can be send or received.

Any suggestions?
sm55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:59 AM   #757
YPG
You down with YPG?

No cost defective return. I could go to a repair center or call it in.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #758
TonyTurboII
Resident Android Expert

Mood: Buzzed
Phone: Epic Touch
My Mood: Buzzed
SU$: 9,363
Its a Rant. TEP is not an upgrade program.
TonyTurboII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:44 AM   #759
narongkorn
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 7
hello

What?? never mind because you don't want to be polite or what?? I mean that is fine you don't have to check this thread to help answer questions if you don't want, that is your choice. I've been doing it for 14 months just fine so thats ok with me.
narongkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #760
sitlet
Cordless Phone User

Phone: HTC Evo 3D
SU$: 3,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by narongkorn View Post
What?? never mind because you don't want to be polite or what?? I mean that is fine you don't have to check this thread to help answer questions if you don't want, that is your choice. I've been doing it for 14 months just fine so thats ok with me.
Umm, huhh?
sitlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #761
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Mood: Mellow
Phone: HTC One M8
Trades: 1
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 28,334
Send a message via AIM to bigchico68
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm55 View Post
We are having continuous problems receiving or making calls and sending or receiving text messages in St. Louis, MO 63108 (Saint Louis University Campus). The problem started around October 24, 2011. The Sprint Customer Service tried to debug over the phone. They told us we need to bring in the LG Rumor Touch 2 into the store for debuging. We went ahead and got a new phone (also a LG Rumor Touch 2) but the problem continues with the new phone. The customer service representative reprogrammed the phone on Nov 09, 2011 but to no avail.
The phone shows 3 or 4 bars but still no calls can be received or made, no SMS can be send or received.

Any suggestions?
Could be an issue with the tower. Did the tech over the phone check the percentage the tower was running at? They may need to create a ctms ticket for you. If the new phone is doing the same thing most likely a network issue.
bigchico68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #762
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Mood: Mellow
Phone: HTC One M8
Trades: 1
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 28,334
Send a message via AIM to bigchico68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
BigChico,

I used to have SERO, until I (moronically) "upgraded" to an HTC Touch Pro three years ago. (It has been a slow, clumsy, and unreliable phone.) Now I pay for my own and my dad's phone on a Free and Clear Family 2000 plan for $92/month or so. Long out of contract, fortunately.

I talked with a manager in Retentions about upgrading to a pair of iPhones, and with a 25% corporate discount, the best she very politely but firmly would give me was $137/month. That struck me as worse-than-retail pricing, but I figured it wasn't worth pursuing with her anymore. Better to join a friend's AT&T plan than do that.

Is it practically possible to convert this (back) to a pair of SERO plans? I'm willing to jump through some hoops to do it (if it requires setting up a pair of new lines first, e.g.). But is it feasible? Is the employee ID available in this forum enough? (The manager I spoke with above said I wasn't eligible for SERO Premium because I didn't have an employee referral.)

I'm very grateful for your help.
So you are with At&t now? If so you can go to sprint.com/sero and sign up for the new sero plans from the website. Just user the russ.... sprint email with his cid code which I think is 383. Just search google for it and it is there and his info still works.
bigchico68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #763
YPG
You down with YPG?

I did not ask about an upgrade. Another Rant will be acceptable but if it were some other phone model, such as when they were replacing the M1 with the LG Lotus, then I would consider trying to hang on to the Rant longer. But thanks for jumping to conclusions.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #764
georgesetman
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 6
can I use the treo pro with my free and clear plan?
georgesetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #765
nofear18
Two Cans & String User

Phone: iphone 4s
SU$: 197
Ok, I know the retentions dept is there, but I have been dealing with someone inside Sprint regarding the poor data speeds. He did mention that, if the speeds did not improve, he would look to get me out of the contract. Well guess what, now he's not taking my calls or answering my emails. I have 3 lines that are up for renewal within the next 3 months. I just want to get out. Who do I contact SPECIFICALLY not just someone at retentions. I tried to " chat" with someone online about cancelling my service, they read over the notes on my account and sais someone from retentions would give me a call back yesterday> No call
nofear18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Sprint Rep/Tech here to help!! Part 2!!!!

Tags
questions, sprint rep, technician

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: