Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 4.81 average. Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 12:43 AM   #31
dssproxy
Telephone User

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: EVO
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 1,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by pileosnafu View Post
The issues become that the system will not let the F&C plan on to an account that is not qualified for it. Based on the fact that is looks like a 3rd party Employee plan. This plan will not go onto a new "or old account" that never had it before. When a rep goes to swap the account the system will force a plan change with an Error message about the price plan not being part of the ban.

Sorry
So it cannot happen? I had it on there put the system was having issues , said the plan had changed.. Told them to put it back on the original account. Thought I would call back, try another rep in the morning. Here is what it looked like at one point, this is not edited, real deal.

**Are there any free data SOC codes I could have Sprint replace the current data plan with?**
I have multiple sero lines on the account now & corp discount.

Last edited by dssproxy; 08-20-2010 at 12:59 AM.
dssproxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:56 AM   #32
Dan
Forever my Angel

Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
Trades: 1
SU$: 129,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by dssproxy View Post
So it cannot happen? I had it on there put the system was having issues , said the plan had changed.. Told them to put it back on the original account. Thought I would call back, try another rep in the morning. Here is what it looked like at one point, this is not edited, real deal.

**Are there any free data SOC codes I could have Sprint replace the current data plan with?**
I have multiple sero lines on the account now & corp discount.
As stated, it is a 3rd party employee plan and can only be added to an account by one of their reps who actually verify that the customer works for the employer.

We don't discuss SOC codes, and all of the "free" ones have been removed anyways. If available, a rep can find $2.50 or $5 data codes possibly.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:03 AM   #33
dssproxy
Telephone User

Phone: EVO
SU$: 1,893
Alright thank you for the help, last question.. powerpack data addon = no android phones?
Old 08-20-2010, 01:07 AM   #34
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssproxy View Post
Alright thank you for the help, last question.. powerpack data addon = no android phones?
If you have anything but an "everything" plan with data......

no android phones, no WebOS, no Instinct, no latest BlackBerry...........
dssproxy (08-20-2010)
Old 08-20-2010, 01:48 AM   #35
ccchhhrrriiisss
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Mood: Inspired
Phone: Galaxy S7 Edge
My Mood: Inspired
SU$: 14,610
Hey guys...

A friend of mine has two lines on a Voice Share 700 plan (or something like that) plus an added text pack and has been with Sprint for about eight years. The contract is up for both of his lines of service.

He has been considering a move to either Verizon or AT&T based on phone device selection. I told him that he should call Sprint Account Services and negotiate some sort of retention deal with Sprint.

He called them...told them his situation...and they offered him nothing. I told him that this is odd because it seems like they could have offered him at least a renewal credit.

Well, he ended up calling them again. He was transferred to Account Services and explained that he likes Sprint but hates the phone selection that he is confined to. He said that he wouldn't mind a nice Windows Mobile phone like the TP2 or Samsung Intrepid, but that he can't see paying $200 for a phone that is over a year old (a long time technology wise).

After some bargaining, he said that the rep offered a "special deal" of a $100 credit on each of the two lines up for renewal...but that the check would have to be "mailed" to him in 8-10 weeks. When he told me this, I was puzzled about a "credit" that is sent through the mail in the form of a check. I thought that the Account Services rep may have been talking about a phone rebate -- which, of course, isn't much of a "deal" since it is for everyone anyway. My friend assured me that this was NOT a "rebate" -- because the Account Services rep called it a "special deal" and referred to it as a "credit."

A few weeks later, my friend grew suspicious. He had not seen anything on his Sprint.com account to indicate any sort of credit. He called me and asked me what he should do. I encouraged him to call them and verify the credit that he had been promised.

Well, my friend called Account Services (by choosing "disconnect services" from the phone menu selection). He explained his situation to an Account Services rep. This rep was highly cynical and treated my friend almost as if he was lying. He said that there was "no notes" of any sort of credit whatsoever. My friend was shocked at the way he was treated -- especially given the fact that he has rarely ever called Sprint since becoming a customer. This AS rep seemed agitated and tried to end the conversation as quickly as possible.

When my friend let me know, I called Sprint back on his behalf. I have called Account Services previously so I was upset that someone would treat my friend like this. Anyway, I called with my friend listening to the conversation. Ironically, I was transferred from a regular Account Services rep to a supervisor...but the call actually went to voice mail and was dropped during the message! A second call actually had my call dropped upon transfer (the transfer went straight to a dial tone). Finally, I was transferred to a very apologetic woman. She apologized for all of this "transfer" mess and for the way that the original Account Services rep treated my friend.

Oddly enough, this Account Services supervisor told me that there wasn't anything that she could do to offer the credit that my friend was promised...because there were "no notes" on it. She went so far as to say that she could not offer him anything in terms of a renewal credit -- even though he had been promised one!

Why is this?

I checked my friend's Loyalty status (as mentioned in another thread), and he is a A2 008 -- exactly like me. Now, I don't know if he is a "premier" customer, but he has been with Sprint for a long time. I thought that they would at least offer him a $70 credit. Nope.

The supervisor mentioned that she could audit the account and call back the next day. I thanked her and said that this would be a great idea. She promised to call back the next day between 4:30 and 5 PM, because she wouldn't get to work until 2 PM...and this would give her time to finish the audit.

The next day, my friend waited for the call...and waited...and waited. Nothing. He decided to wait for another day, just in case the woman might have needed another day. Nothing. It has now been more than 10 days...and no call has been made.

Does anyone have a recommendation for handling this? It would be great for Sprint to at least compromise and offer a $70 credit on each line. His phones have both been eligible for an upgrade for a while (one has been eligible for over a year)!

Ideas?

ccchhhrrriiisss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #36
pileosnafu
Cordless Phone User

Phone: 9650 & Epic
SU$: 4,254
ccchhhrrriiisss:

As previously mentioned here, account services is changing from the way it used to be, where they could give away the world. Often this is for the better, as reps focus on actually fixing issues rather then just placing a band-aid on the issue that is ripped off a hairy arm the next month when the issue is still not resolved.

Part of how that works is account are targeted for offers, rather then there being "codes" that offer free this or free that. This is based on a variety of factors
Quote:
Loyalty status (as mentioned in another thread), and he is a A2 008
does not determine offers. As I do not know if it was answered what these values mean I will not address them here or on that thread and do no PM me for the answer.

Quote:
I thought that they would at least offer him a $70 credit.
This is not technically an account services offer. The $70 or $50 credit for renewal is actually a care offer that is determined and targeted by the system, and should not be offered by Account Services, unless honoring notes.
Quote:
He explained his situation to an Account Services rep. This rep was highly cynical and treated my friend almost as if he was lying.
Please accept my appoligizes if your friend was mis-treated and accused of lying. But you have to understand -- as it seems even you knew this offer was odd -- that reps are told many things by customers all day "I was told I would get...." Often these things are outlandish. I am not saying your Friend was lying, but it possible he did misunderstand the way the $100 rebate was explained, or the rep possibly made an oddball statement and failed to note it. But in reality Sprint does not issue checks for a credit, only for overpayment.

Quote:
She went so far as to say that she could not offer him anything in terms of a renewal credit -- even though he had been promised one!

Why is this?
If an account is not targeted for an offer by the system and its not noted that it was offered, it cannot be applied.

In short; I am sorry your friend may have been mis-treated. I'm sorry your calls were dropped by the system (based on what you stated it seems as if there was no bad intention of a rep -- and hang ups can be tracked,) but what is your friend looking to acheive? If he is unhappy with being limited to select phone for not having the Everything Data plans, then perhaps the smart phone is not for him? If he (sorry for assuming he its a habit and lets not get into the "Political correctness of he/she) wants to take advantage of the phones that require the data plan, any phone on Verizon or ATT will require data packs as well, that will generally cost more with less feature (2 gig limits -- I burn though that in 10 days b/c I use radio steaming for about 10 hrs a day) limited text out side of same carrier, no Any Mobile feature. If they are looking to use a phone as a phone, there may be some cheaper options, but if they only use the 700 minutes and just have phones, Sprint is still rather competitive.
Also you mentioned Premier, if your friend is on the stated plan and has been with Sprint less then 10 years they are not Premier. I know I have rambled at bit, I'm sorry
Old 08-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #37
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi pileosnafu...

Thanks for time and care of your explanation.

I was the person who encouraged my friend to call Sprint. Last year, I found out that they were paying FULL PRICE with Sprint. In all of the years that he had been with them, he had no idea that he was eligible for a discount. He ended up receiving a 19% discount only after I told him that they were probably eligible. For all of the years that he had visited Sprint corporate stores or the few times that he called because of incorrect charges, he was never told that discounts even existed. He gladly accepted the discount!

However, my friend has been happy (more or less) with Sprint. He told me that hasn't made many calls...and the few that he made were always short and civil. You can imagine his shock when he was treated so terribly by someone simply after trying to verify something that he had been told. He is not prone to "misunderstandings" either. He is a college educated school teacher with great communication skills. He had been told that he would receive a one time credit for renewing his phones. He was surprised when he called back a couple of weeks later and was treated like some dishonest person by an Account Services rep that probably needs to find a job somewhere else.

When my friend told me what happened, I was shocked. I called Sprint on behalf of my friend and I explained that no customer should EVER be treated as though they are lying (unless they are, in fact, guilty of lying). It doesn't matter that some people lie from time-to-time; There is NO EXCUSE for a rep to become cynical or suspicious of every customer. My friend had no record of such dishonesty...has been with Sprint for about ten years (as long as I have)...and has hardly called Sprint at all during that time.

I explained the situation to the next Account Services rep. She also said that she didn't have a record of any calls or promises of renewal credits. I then asked her if my friend's account had been renewed recently. She looked and -- low and behold -- BOTH lines on the account were renewed for two years! I asked her, "WHY would someone call to simply renew their lines for no apparent reason?" Both lines were still using old (VERY old) phones. She admitted that it looked confusingly suspicious that someone would renew without any sort of retention perk. I asked her, since they weren't going to offer a credit, to remove this renew and revert back to previous status. She went ahead and did this.

Next, she offered to run an audit on the account to see if they were eligible for any sort of renewal perk (like a $50 or $70 one time credit). She promised to call back the next day. That call never came. I think that the broken promise just made things worse. My friend thought about leaving Sprint based solely over the principle of the matter.

Sadly, this "We'll call the next day at such-and-such time" that never happens has been my experience on several occasions. I guess that I am no longer the only guy that this happens to.

My friend will probably call Sprint back. He will ask if any "audit" had ever been completed. I suspect that the next Account Services rep will probably have "no record" of that audit and no news.

My friend doesn't want a smart phone for business purposes. He just likes the versatility of the phones that I have had (HTC Touch and now the HTC Touch Pro 2). He can have Windows Mobile phones on a legacy plan, and he was interested in the Samsung Intrepid, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Snap or HTC TP2. He just hoped that there would be some sort of retention perk that could lower the prices of these devices that are over a year old (an eternity in terms of technology).

Anyway, thanks for your input. I suspect that what you said is entirely accurate. However, I think that culture ("suspect everyone because of other dishonest callers") should be FORBIDDEN from Account Services -- and only to supervisors who have just cause to feel that way. Because of this, my friend is strongly considering a move to a different cellular provider. He worries that he will be treated similarly in the future, and he said that he doesn't hire companies who hire representatives to treat good customers like selfish liars.

I will keep you updated if we figure out what happened. The AS supervisor that I spoke with was also going to run an audit to find and investigate the AS rep that treated my friend so poorly. Bottom line: It would be helpful if they could find the one who spoke with him in the first place and, with his approval, admit to the offer that he gave my friend.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:18 PM   #38
pileosnafu
Cordless Phone User

Phone: 9650 & Epic
SU$: 4,254
In effort to keep this thread as intended and not make its an AS debate that's stickied, please please PM me chirs if u wish to seek my help further. Beyond this message I will not reply to this message thread (will respond to other messages on this thread) about an Account Services/ Care or any "debate" I will keep helping with issues. No debates, as best I can
Old 08-21-2010, 09:39 PM   #39
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Mood: Mellow
Phone: HTC One M8
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 28,334
Send a message via AIM to bigchico68
Quote:
In effort to keep this thread as intended and not make its an AS debate that's stickied, please please PM me chirs if u wish to seek my help further. Beyond this message I will not reply to this message thread (will respond to other messages on this thread) about an Account Services/ Care or any "debate" I will keep helping with issues. No debates, as best I can
Thanks for the responses.
bigchico68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:03 PM   #40
ccchhhrrriiisss

Quote:
No problem. However, my question is still whether or not there is any other sort of recourse that can be taken? Is there anything that my friend can do to receive a retention credit? I have a feeling that he would "forgive and forget" if they decided to give him something...even if it isn't as much he was initially promised.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:38 PM   #41
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post
No problem. However, my question is still whether or not there is any other sort of recourse that can be taken? Is there anything that my friend can do to receive a retention credit? I have a feeling that he would "forgive and forget" if they decided to give him something...even if it isn't as much he was initially promised.

Yes, the only recourse really is to call executive services and get a rep who may want to help him.

They may offer something to him to make him happy with Sprint again, or do something to zero out his contract so he can leave if he decides to. They will not make huge offers either, but will give him what they can.

As far as the $70 per line offers, once you agree to a renewal, the $70 offer goes away in the system pretty fast. If he was suddenly out of contract again, a $50 or $70 offer for a renewal may be generated, their is really no way to know it.

So, try ES monday morning and see what they can provide as far as answers go. If you like email better, dan@sprint.com seems to have ES reps replying to the emails.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:43 AM   #42
ahfrederick
SU 4 Life!

Phone: A9292 x2
SU$: 37,652
Send a message via AIM to ahfrederick Send a message via MSN to ahfrederick
Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and see if you can help me. Ok, so on Monday 08/16 my father passed away and left my mother with a Godfathered Nextel account (since 1996) that has 3 lines. Would it be possible to take off two of the lines and leave her line as is. Or would it even be possible to port her number to my Sprint account, add a third line for her (But of course I would have to convert my TWO SERO accounts into ONE Family account first - That's another issue that I am currently having) and just leave the payments to me (One less thing for her to worry about).

So that's basically the issue, any way to help me, other than telling me to call Sprint? I would rather work with someone on this forum that I know and can trust. Please let me know. Thank you!

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ahfrederick
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ahfrederick
If I have helped you in any way, please don't forget to click the button below!
ahfrederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #43
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahfrederick View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and see if you can help me. Ok, so on Monday 08/16 my father passed away and left my mother with a Godfathered Nextel account (since 1996) that has 3 lines. Would it be possible to take off two of the lines and leave her line as is. Or would it even be possible to port her number to my Sprint account, add a third line for her (But of course I would have to convert my TWO SERO accounts into ONE Family account first - That's another issue that I am currently having) and just leave the payments to me (One less thing for her to worry about).

So that's basically the issue, any way to help me, other than telling me to call Sprint? I would rather work with someone on this forum that I know and can trust. Please let me know. Thank you!
Sprint will make changes, without ETF, when the account holder passes away.

If 2 of the lines were for his use and one for your mother, they will likely help her in that way and keep her if she wants. If you want the whole account canceled, that may very well be an option also.

The old account issue will be an account services issue. If you want to convert your SERO lines into an EPRP plan and add her on that way, it would likely be you converting the account to EPRP once you know you can add her on. The only real issue will be keeping her number if your going the EPRP route.

I hope that helps some.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #44
aypanthony
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 44
Sprint Premier Early Phone Upgrade Primary line...question about second line

Hello,

My primary line is eligible for an early phone upgrade($150) on 09/01/10. Second line is eligible for upgrade($150) on 07/01/11. If I upgrade the primary line, I have to subscribe to a new 2 year agreement.

So, when is the second line eligible for the $150 upgrade? Is it still 07/01/11? Or does it reset with the new 2 year agreement?

I searched around and couldn't find the answer, so I apologize if this question is a dupe.

Thanks, Tony

Last edited by aypanthony; 08-23-2010 at 04:13 PM.
aypanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:23 PM   #45
ajac
Satellite Phone User

Phone: htc evo
SU$: 34,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by aypanthony View Post
Hello,

My primary line is eligible for an early phone upgrade($150) on 09/01/10. Second line is eligible for upgrade($150) on 07/01/11. If I upgrade the primary line, I have to subscribe to a new 2 year agreement.

So, when is the second line eligible for the $150 upgrade? Is it still 07/01/11? Or does it reset with the new 2 year agreement?

I searched around and couldn't find the answer, so I apologize if this question is a dupe.

Thanks, Tony
each line has its own agreement. So the second line would be renewed till 9/1/2012

Location location location.
ajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Sprint Rep/Tech here to help!! Part 2!!!!

Tags
questions, sprint rep, technician

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: