Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 4.81 average. Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #151
banzaiwolfe
Telephone User

Phone: Nexus 5
SU$: 2,662
I am looking to do an instore exchange of an unactivated phone from Sprint.com (unopened as well). According to the website, there is only a restocking fee if the phone has been activated, but the local Sprint corp store told me otherwise over the phone (said I have to pay it no matter what). Is the rep wrong and should I just go in with the info from the website?

EDIT: Have an Evo want to switch to Epic
banzaiwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #152
craftse
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 30
I have kind of a weird situation here that I'm hoping somebody might have some thoughts on. I currently have two accounts with Sprint. One has an Evo on an Everything Data plan and the other has an old flip phone on a SERO plan. I don't actually need two lines any more (and I was only really keeping the SERO line "just in case"), so I'd like to upgrade that to the new SERO Premium plan and move my Evo over there. The problem is that I'd really like to keep the number from my Everything Data plan, which I've had for years, but I'm not sure whether I could just switch the numbers, as they're from two very different parts of the country.

Is this possible? Can I just have them merge the accounts and then swap the plans? I'd even be fine paying an ETF on the Everything Data line if I have to in order to get this done. Also, how would this affect my time with Sprint for the purposes of qualifying for Sprint Premier? I've had my old number for 7 or 8 years now, so I should be coming up on the 10-year mark pretty soon and it would be nice to qualify for it that way in a couple of years if I can. It's not a big deal if it would reset that, but it would be a nice bonus if it didn't.

Hopefully somebody has some insight about what I can do here. I have a feeling there are a lot of things that could go wrong and I'm hoping to avoid that.
craftse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #153
banzaiwolfe
Telephone User

Phone: Nexus 5
SU$: 2,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
I am looking to do an instore exchange of an unactivated phone from Sprint.com (unopened as well). According to the website, there is only a restocking fee if the phone has been activated, but the local Sprint corp store told me otherwise over the phone (said I have to pay it no matter what). Is the rep wrong and should I just go in with the info from the website?

Please disregard, I got this sorted out. I stopped in after work and discussed it with them, they did the exchange without the restocking fee after looking it up.
banzaiwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:10 AM   #154
sleepyhollowtoo
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: 9K/TP2/PHOTON
Trades: 1
SU$: 2,450
Palm Transfer of data/contacts Palm Centro to EPIC?

I want upgrade a user from Palm Centro to EPIC. Any issues? Suggestions? Other guidance? What's a good program (like PIM Backup) for backing up the Centro? Thanks in advance, going to do this today!!!
sleepyhollowtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #155
LeGitTech
Telegraph User

Phone: Palm Pre
SU$: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchico68 View Post
Ok well the other thread was getting too long for some to search through so I am starting a new thread. 190 pages is a bit much to look through.

For people who did not see the other thread here is my background.

I am currently a technician for Sprint (3rd party), but I did sales when I first started and stay up to date in just about everything, I am here as well as a few others that help in this thread to answer any question you have. So ask away!!!
I am in a very similar role with sprint... I was a sales rep for Nextel in the days were iden rode solo... and i was a sprint sales rep for ipcs pre buyout and during the merger/lawsuits/takeover... lol... I am currently at a 3rd party ASC that does about 600 transactions a month there are 3 techs in my store, and i dont really have a problem being polite
LeGitTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:13 PM   #156
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Mood: Mellow
Phone: HTC One M8
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 28,334
Send a message via AIM to bigchico68
Quote:

There is a restocking fee no matter what.
bigchico68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:16 PM   #157
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Mood: Mellow
Phone: HTC One M8
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 28,334
Send a message via AIM to bigchico68
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGitTech View Post
I am in a very similar role with sprint... I was a sales rep for Nextel in the days were iden rode solo... and i was a sprint sales rep for ipcs pre buyout and during the merger/lawsuits/takeover... lol... I am currently at a 3rd party ASC that does about 600 transactions a month there are 3 techs in my store, and i dont really have a problem being polite
Ok sounds good to me. If you have time and see a question un answered, feel free to help out. We are always looking for more help around the site. Welcome to SU and hopefully you stick around and become a regular. I have been slacking on here a lot lately, things are crazy in my life outside of SU (LOL!) so you know that kind of comes first. Thanks to everyone who has been helping out on here though. When some things clear up I will be back more often.
bigchico68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:55 PM   #158
Detailingdoc
Telegraph User

SU$: 141
Hopefully someone can answer this for:
I have two lines on diff acct #'s. Both out of contract but one wont let me purchase the phone online and i wasnt able to do it over the phone either probably because it is a F&C 3000 plan. my question is can i buy the EVO using the upgrade on my sero acct and activate the phone on my other line and still get the rebate or does it have to be on the acct i bought it on.

IF it has to be tied to that acct and i upgrade to sero premier can I then transfer it to my other line after the rebate has been processed and then revert my sero acct back to the basic $30 a month instead of the 50 or 40?
Detailingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:20 AM   #159
dlichterman
Super Moderator

Mood: Sleepy
Phone: 3VO
Trades: 5
My Mood: Sleepy
SU$: 18,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailingdoc View Post
Hopefully someone can answer this for:
I have two lines on diff acct #'s. Both out of contract but one wont let me purchase the phone online and i wasnt able to do it over the phone either probably because it is a F&C 3000 plan. my question is can i buy the EVO using the upgrade on my sero acct and activate the phone on my other line and still get the rebate or does it have to be on the acct i bought it on.

IF it has to be tied to that acct and i upgrade to sero premier can I then transfer it to my other line after the rebate has been processed and then revert my sero acct back to the basic $30 a month instead of the 50 or 40?
No. Your question has been answered already in other threads. You can upgrade to the new sero and on that plan have an Evo.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:59 AM   #160
Iggyc1
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 26
Hello please advise me, my sprint service has been down in my area since yesterday. I was told by sprint that service went down in about 10 cities, the website is down and my bb 8830 keeps reading" searching for CDMA but I have all bars of signal strenght" then I get a message that reads " Call failed signal fading". It is still doing it today, I am waiting to call sprint again today. They also told me last night that 5 towers went down in my area, would you know what would cause something like this? Thank you.
Iggyc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:23 AM   #161
LeGitTech
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggyc1 View Post
Hello please advise me, my sprint service has been down in my area since yesterday. I was told by sprint that service went down in about 10 cities, the website is down and my bb 8830 keeps reading" searching for CDMA but I have all bars of signal strenght" then I get a message that reads " Call failed signal fading". It is still doing it today, I am waiting to call sprint again today. They also told me last night that 5 towers went down in my area, would you know what would cause something like this? Thank you.
My area is one of those area that has some tower down to. Only thing I can advise you as a customer is to really let these guys do there job as cell tech. Tower do not just have a switch that gets it running. I had an opportunity to meet my local tower tech and chat with him. He was either legit or blowing smoke up my backside, but from his words its a delicate process to get a tower back up and running. Please be patient sprint will credit for time lost.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:38 AM   #162
LeGitTech
Telegraph User

Quote:

1) I don't believe Sprint will allow you to do an in store exchange if the phone was purchased from Sprint.com.

2) If the store does do the exchange they will hit you with that restocking fee no questions asked.

You're best route would be talk to telesales and see if they will exchange you and credit you that fee. Worse case talk to Acct Services. You obviously just signed a new two year contract, they should be willing to credit that to retain you as a customer
Old 10-04-2010, 07:11 AM   #163
ahecht
Telegraph User

SU$: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosatilt View Post
@wilfried - many reps are telling people they will lose their 150 rebate if they take the 70 dollar discount - this is incorrect. you can have both. just don't try to do both on the same call to customer service. they are confused about this. just call and get the 70, then either order your phone on the website, or call back in to telesales on a separate call, or go to a sprint store. your 150 will be there for ya.
Would doing this disqualify you for the Mail In Rebates? The MIR states that you have to sign a new 2-year contract, but does it require that you do it in the same transaction as ordering/activating the new phone?
ahecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:42 AM   #164
Dragonman
SU Expert judge MAS 2011

Mood: Cool
Phone: Galaxy S II
Trades: 4
My Mood: Cool
SU$: 9,734
Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonman Send a message via Skype™ to Dragonman
Wirelessly posted (Epic 4G & ic902: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGitTech
Quote:

1) I don't believe Sprint will allow you to do an in store exchange if the phone was purchased from Sprint.com.

2) If the store does do the exchange they will hit you with that restocking fee no questions asked.

You're best route would be talk to telesales and see if they will exchange you and credit you that fee. Worse case talk to Acct Services. You obviously just signed a new two year contract, they should be willing to credit that to retain you as a customer
We have been able to exchange phones in store from online and telesales since Feb 08. There is no restock fee on unactivated devices.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #165
Rosatilt
Account Inactive

Mood: Chatty
Phone: LG Rumor Touch
My Mood: Chatty
SU$: -1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahecht View Post
Would doing this disqualify you for the Mail In Rebates? The MIR states that you have to sign a new 2-year contract, but does it require that you do it in the same transaction as ordering/activating the new phone?
No, you can still get MIR.

Step 1 : Get the 70 - renews contract
Step 2 : Use rebate to get phone - actually renews contract again

No worries
Rosatilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Sprint Rep/Tech here to help!! Part 2!!!!

Tags
questions, sprint rep, technician

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: