Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 4.81 average. Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Mood: Mellow
Phone: HTC One M8
Trades: 1
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 28,334
Send a message via AIM to bigchico68
Thumbs up Sprint Rep/Tech here to help!! Part 2!!!!

Ok well the other thread was getting too long for some to search through so I am starting a new thread. 190 pages is a bit much to look through.

For people who did not see the other thread here is my background.

I am currently a technician for Sprint (3rd party), but I did sales when I first started and stay up to date in just about everything, I am here as well as a few others that help in this thread to answer any question you have. So ask away!!!
bigchico68 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to bigchico68 For This Useful Post:
bingeso (07-18-2011), brianjvia (04-06-2011), ccchhhrrriiisss (08-14-2010), christi (08-27-2011), cindybeatrice (03-08-2011), courtney1985 (11-18-2010), Dan (08-13-2010), dja2k (09-04-2013), eggypadua (01-13-2011), fgp94030 (04-12-2011), kdizzy580 (01-24-2011), kevvykev (05-22-2011), larry (08-13-2010), mattg123 (06-16-2011), misse220 (02-15-2012), Philstg (03-12-2017), sandyworks (03-11-2013), Shoreline (09-10-2010), t.. (10-06-2010), teleskier_ute (03-23-2011), tommason1968 (04-08-2011), Veritascapto (10-19-2011)
Old 08-12-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
I can help with the network side of things.
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Duffman For This Useful Post:
bigchico68 (08-13-2010), Dnolan31274 (05-26-2016), larry (08-13-2010), Sam1Am (12-19-2012), Veritascapto (10-19-2011)
Old 08-12-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,257
Sweet, the new "smaller" thread is up and running. The old one lasted 14 months, and we typically close and make a new version of these threads when they are a bit shorter.

Now, ask away and the "experts" and those who have been around the block a time or 2 will try and help!
bigchico68 (08-13-2010)
Old 08-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Thanks Duff. I try to keep up with the thread, but sometimes other things get me backed up so when I can't be around Dan answers a lot of questions, but feel free to jump in and help if you know the answer. All I ask is that you answer correctly or find the right answer and be polite. Not everyone knows as much as others. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to bigchico68 For This Useful Post:
Dan (08-13-2010)
Old 08-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #5
Duffman
Eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchico68 View Post
Thanks Duff. I try to keep up with the thread, but sometimes other things get me backed up so when I can't be around Dan answers a lot of questions, but feel free to jump in and help if you know the answer. All I ask is that you answer correctly or find the right answer and be polite. Not everyone knows as much as others. Thanks!
Hmmm. Never mind then.
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Old 08-13-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Quote:
Hmmm. Never mind then.
What?? never mind because you don't want to be polite or what?? I mean that is fine you don't have to check this thread to help answer questions if you don't want, that is your choice. I've been doing it for 14 months just fine so thats ok with me.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:27 PM   #7
pileosnafu
Cordless Phone User

Phone: 9650 & Epic
SU$: 4,254
i'll check in from time to time. But I will only answer if questions are easy and will not risk my job
Old 08-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #8
Duffman
Eh.

Quote:
What?? never mind because you don't want to be polite or what?? I mean that is fine you don't have to check this thread to help answer questions if you don't want, that is your choice. I've been doing it for 14 months just fine so thats ok with me.
Your response just seemed kind of strange.
Quote:
All I ask is that you answer correctly or find the right answer and be polite.
Perhaps I took it the wrong way. Or I was stepping on your toes. That's all.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:09 PM   #9
Dan
Forever my Angel

I think that he was just asking that those who reply do so without being rude about the question / request. Obviously we want factual information posted, so its always a good idea to know what your talking about as opposed to guessing.

So, if you know an answer and are nice about how you are replying, even if it is to tell the person their request is not possible, post!
Old 08-14-2010, 08:28 AM   #10
diveborg
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Blah
Phone: iPhone 5
My Mood: Blah
SU$: 27,338
Woo Hoo I get to ask the First Question:

How do I get the internets/picture mail to work again on my daughter's centro? We're on the EPRP 1600 plan. I have a centro and data works no problem. I swapped her phone back to her old LG rumor, then back to the centro after a couple of days. Is it her phone or something to do with her specific line? What's the fix?
Old 08-14-2010, 11:53 AM   #11
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveborg View Post
Woo Hoo I get to ask the First Question:

How do I get the internets/picture mail to work again on my daughter's centro? We're on the EPRP 1600 plan. I have a centro and data works no problem. I swapped her phone back to her old LG rumor, then back to the centro after a couple of days. Is it her phone or something to do with her specific line? What's the fix?
It sounds like somehow the settings / programming got changed on pic mail for her phone during the swapping. I call to tech support from another line should get them to walk you through the steps needed to ensure the device is programmed properly.
diveborg (08-14-2010)
Old 08-14-2010, 12:11 PM   #12
Trekker
Spaced

Mood: Lurking
Phone: Galaxy S III
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 1,647
Quote:
I am currently a technician for Sprint (3rd party), but I did sales when I first started and stay up to date in just about everything, I am here as well as a few others that help in this thread to answer any question you have. So ask away!!!
Quote:
Ok...here is one for either one of you. I have a Palm Pre on Sprint's network. I signed up for YouMail which replaces Sprint's voicemail. I have conditional call forwarding set up (*28 + YouMail number) so that if I don't answer my phone, instead of the call going to Sprint's voicemail, it gets forwarded to YouMail.

Here is the problem: From the time that the phone stops ringing (from the caller's perspective) there is about a 5 second delay before the YouMail greeting plays. My concern is that people will hang up without leaving a message because they don't hear the greeting in time.

I've been in contact with YouMail support, who gave me a bunch of different access numbers to try. None of them helped. I called Sprint and asked if there was something they could do to somehow speed up the call forwarding part and was told there wasn't.

YouMail is great but it's almost useless to me with such a long delay before the greeting plays.

Do any of you know if anything can be done via Sprint so that the delay can be decreased?

Thanks for any assistance!
Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #13
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
Ok...here is one for either one of you. I have a Palm Pre on Sprint's network. I signed up for YouMail which replaces Sprint's voicemail. I have conditional call forwarding set up (*28 + YouMail number) so that if I don't answer my phone, instead of the call going to Sprint's voicemail, it gets forwarded to YouMail.

Here is the problem: From the time that the phone stops ringing (from the caller's perspective) there is about a 5 second delay before the YouMail greeting plays. My concern is that people will hang up without leaving a message because they don't hear the greeting in time.

I've been in contact with YouMail support, who gave me a bunch of different access numbers to try. None of them helped. I called Sprint and asked if there was something they could do to somehow speed up the call forwarding part and was told there wasn't.

YouMail is great but it's almost useless to me with such a long delay before the greeting plays.

Do any of you know if anything can be done via Sprint so that the delay can be decreased?

Thanks for any assistance!
I don't believe it is on Sprint's end. I say this because my Google Voice (free) voicemail "answers" the call immediately after it stops ringing. It soulds like a "YouMail" issue.

You know that google voice is open to everyone now, right? If you have a google account, you can set up your number and the voicemail so it becomes default, just like YouMail. Maybe try a google voice number and see if it changes the delay, which can tell you right away if its an issue with Sprint or YouMail.
Trekker (08-14-2010)
Old 08-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #14
Trekker
Spaced

Mood: Lurking
Phone: Galaxy S III
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I don't believe it is on Sprint's end. I say this because my Google Voice (free) voicemail "answers" the call immediately after it stops ringing. It soulds like a "YouMail" issue.
Thanks...you are right. I just set up my mobile to use Google Voice and the greeting plays instantly.

I sent an email to YouMail support letting them know that. They initially implied that it was a problem on Sprint's end, even though there were several posts in their support forum with people having the same issue on different networks.

I may just use GoogleVoice instead. I did pay for a year's subscription to YouMail, mainly because I thought it was great and wanted to support them but I didn't do enough testing and discovered the greeting delay after the fact.
Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #15
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
Thanks...you are right. I just set up my mobile to use Google Voice and the greeting plays instantly.

I sent an email to YouMail support letting them know that. They initially implied that it was a problem on Sprint's end, even though there were several posts in their support forum with people having the same issue on different networks.

I may just use GoogleVoice instead. I did pay for a year's subscription to YouMail, mainly because I thought it was great and wanted to support them but I didn't do enough testing and discovered the greeting delay after the fact.
I'd think, since you can show that changing to Google Voice makes it an instant connection, that you are due some sort of a refund. I don't see how they can keep your money if they can't make their product work with a reasonably short delay.

Tags
questions, sprint rep, technician

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: