Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 08-04-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
crucut
Telegraph User

SU$: 376
Stuck in landscape mode...???

I got my EVO last Thursday. I haven't updated to Froyo yet because I am loving my phone right now and I want to wait a bit to gather all the info. I have been impressed with my battery life after coming from a Hero. I can go a full day from 7 am to about 10 or 11 pm without having to charge. I couldn't do half that with my Hero.

The hesitation I have to upgrade comes from seeing a friend's EVO running Froyo. His phone gets stuck in the side modes (landscape?) during texting and internet. I didn't check email. I couldn't seem to get it to rotate back to the normal (portrait?) mode. Is this a known problem? It's definitely a killer for me on the update if so. I can't seem to find any info about it. Thanks
crucut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
Penny
Yeah I know, I'm a Girly Girl

Phone: S Galaxy S3
Trades: 30
SU$: 12,426
Send a message via AIM to Penny
I don't have that problem at all with mine running froyo.

Kyle, My beautiful friend, I love and will miss you. But only for a short time, we shall meet again one sweet day
No Jesus ,No Peace - Know Jesus ,Know Peace
Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
dh818
Two Cans & String User

Phone: HTV EVO
SU$: 13
I had the same issue.. and know 4 other people who had the issue too.. after I did the 2.2 update I noticed it stuck in landscape mode for the Web, Text Messages.. and pretty much everything. So all you have to tell him to do is go to MENU.. SETTINGS.. DISPLAY and at the bottom the G-Sensor Calibration.. make sure you are laying the phone down on a flat surface.. like a desk.. etc. and after a few seconds.. it worked like a charm the way its suppose to.. and actually its even better then before when I first got the phone.. so maybe I should've been done the Calibration. Good Luck.
dh818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
SLME
AT&T and Happy!

Mood: Breezy
Phone: Red Nexus 5
Trades: 11
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 56,216
Goto Menu > Settings > Display > Uncheck Auto-Rotate Screen. Landscaping of the screen will stop.
> The "old" VA Watchdog Site has Returned. http://www.vawatchdog.org/
> Ebenefits has a mobile site now at http://m.ebenefits.va.gov
> To read the Stars and Stripes on Military News. http://www.stripes.com/
SLME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #5
crucut
Telegraph User

SU$: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL-10 View Post
Goto Menu > Settings > Display > Uncheck Auto-Rotate Screen. Landscaping of the screen will stop.

I appreciate the response, but that wasn't the issue. I understand there is an option to keep it from going into landscape mode at all. My problem, and now others it seems, are having trouble with the auto rotating on the phone properly. Specifically, getting it back into portrait mode after it rotates into landscape mode. It seems the problem has been solved by an earlier post.
crucut is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > HTC > Stuck in landscape mode...???

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: