Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 06-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
AL_CAPONE_187
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Sprint Diamond
SU$: 6,397
Question .:Returning A Phone Because Sprint Sent You A Replacement!?:.

Ok not sure if the title makes sense but let me explain. . .

My touch pro 2 internet stopped working and all the things me and tech support tried to do would not get data to start working again so they sent me out a replacement phone. Brand new in box Sprint touch pro 2. I was happy about that because the touch pro 2 i had was a refurb i got for my messed up touch pro. But now here is my questions is how long do i have to send it back? what happens if i dont send it back in that time. How do i make sure sprint got it back and dont try to say we never got it and try to charge me some crazy fee. Than my main question is what do I have to send back? the phone itself or what? Im asking because I was going to tell my Sprint touch pro 2 that they sent me and use one my old phones until I get a evo. But i wanted to sell it with a extra battery and stylus and battery cover and like that from the phone I gotta send back. Can I keep those items or no? what would happen?
AL_CAPONE_187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
kmoon89
Telegraph User

SU$: 809
If you filed a claim, then no, you can't keep the phone because it is now theirs. I think you have 30 days to do so, or they start thinking you've filed a fraudulent claim. Even in cases where you lose the phone, you'd have to turn it in once you find it. I'm just reading this off the form that came with my replacement back in January, so I'm not sure if it has changed.

This is just through Asurion though, I'm not sure about getting just a replacement through Sprint.
kmoon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #3
Offtrac
LoafofBread

Mood: Yeehaw
Phone: HTC EVO
My Mood: Yeehaw
SU$: 1,935
If the phone is an advance replacement from sprint tech support, you have 14 days to return your old phone. The provide an envelope, with paid postage to return it and you can track it all the way back to the facility.

If you dont return it, you will get charged up to $300 for it.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:14 PM   #4
thekarens
Bird Watcher

Mood: Brooding
Phone: N5
My Mood: Brooding
SU$: 17,778
I HIGHLY recommend writing down that tracking number. The one and only time I didn't write down the number they "lost" my returned phone for about 3 months and it was a nightmare getting it sorted out.
thekarens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:45 PM   #5
rambo47
Idoru

Phone: iPhone 5s
SU$: 21,577
Shipping receipt with tracking number.
Get insurance.
30 days.

Sounds about right, no?
Old 06-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
AL_CAPONE_187
Cordless Phone User

i havnt got a chance to read the other post yet but something bad happen. . .The my niece got a hold the phone and cracked the screen :| and idk what to do now? tell them or just send it like that and act like i didnt know it must been damaged in the mail.

and i dont believe there is any directions on how to send it back to them or what to send it with.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #7
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 128,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL_CAPONE_187 View Post
i havnt got a chance to read the other post yet but something bad happen. . .The my niece got a hold the phone and cracked the screen :| and idk what to do now? tell them or just send it like that and act like i didnt know it must been damaged in the mail.

and i dont believe there is any directions on how to send it back to them or what to send it with.
It really depends on who sent it to you and how. You may have a return kit, or you may get a UPS shipping label.

As far as the cracked screen, I think your kinda screwed. The fact that it is now cracked is likely to be held against you, unless you claim (falsely) that it must have been cracked during the return process.

Check your email address that Sprint has to contact you on and see if a UPS return label was provided, or see if they used your upgrade eligibility to replace the device for you with a NIB one.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:11 AM   #8
AL_CAPONE_187
Cordless Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
It really depends on who sent it to you and how. You may have a return kit, or you may get a UPS shipping label.

As far as the cracked screen, I think your kinda screwed. The fact that it is now cracked is likely to be held against you, unless you claim (falsely) that it must have been cracked during the return process.

Check your email address that Sprint has to contact you on and see if a UPS return label was provided, or see if they used your upgrade eligibility to replace the device for you with a NIB one.
well i guess it turned out to be a usps label. but i still dont know if i keep the accessories or not?

and well what would sprint do or say if they recieve it damaged? try to charge me full price or the insurance price of $100? I might try to claim that it was damaged in the mail. But idk.

and how do i see if they used me upgrade eligibilty or not also
Old 06-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #9
eirrom
Windows Mobile?

Phone: EVO!!!
SU$: 1,667
You have 15 days to return it and 15 days only. They stick to this requirement like glue. You are not going to be able to pull a fast one here. Get it back to them before they charge you full price for a defective TP2.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:53 PM   #10
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
well i guess it turned out to be a usps label. but i still dont know if i keep the accessories or not?

and well what would sprint do or say if they recieve it damaged? try to charge me full price or the insurance price of $100? I might try to claim that it was damaged in the mail. But idk.

and how do i see if they used me upgrade eligibilty or not also
Return it as they requested, phone, back battery cover and battery if requested. Dont send things like a charger, etc unless specifically requested.

Unless they sent you a full return kit, use any box you have for the phone, and pack it as best as you can. I have always laughed at the "mail return kits" as they are just a padded envelope and offer little to no protection for the device. I imagine that devices get returned in those padded envelopes with shipping damage quite often.

www.sprintrebates.com will show you your rebate eligibility date.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #11
AL_CAPONE_187
Cordless Phone User

Quote:
Return it as they requested, phone, back battery cover and battery if requested. Dont send things like a charger, etc unless specifically requested.

Unless they sent you a full return kit, use any box you have for the phone, and pack it as best as you can. I have always laughed at the "mail return kits" as they are just a padded envelope and offer little to no protection for the device. I imagine that devices get returned in those padded envelopes with shipping damage quite often.

www.sprintrebates.com will show you your rebate eligibility date.
but it doesnt have any request from what i can see it just says send the phone back. . .im not sure what a full return kit is. . .all i got was a white padded envelope. . .and they sent me abrand new tp2 as a replacement for it in a box. so yes im not sure what to send back!?

and ya its possible they do get broken devices back because those cheap packages lol.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:14 PM   #12
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
but it doesnt have any request from what i can see it just says send the phone back. . .im not sure what a full return kit is. . .all i got was a white padded envelope. . .and they sent me abrand new tp2 as a replacement for it in a box. so yes im not sure what to send back!?

and ya its possible they do get broken devices back because those cheap packages lol.
Send back phone, battery, battery cover and 1 stylus. Use the prepaid mailer for it and drop it in any UPS pick up box. Make sure to photo copy, or write down the tracking number so you can track it back to Sprint.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:21 PM   #13
AL_CAPONE_187
Cordless Phone User

so let me ask you guys this the paper gives no instructions. they sent me a brand new in box touch pro 2. Do i send back just the phone and keep the battery cover and stylus and battery or send it. Im sending it out today but need to know do i keep it or send it. what do you guys think i should do?
Old 06-30-2010, 03:21 PM   #14
AL_CAPONE_187
Cordless Phone User

Quote:
Send back phone, battery, battery cover and 1 stylus. Use the prepaid mailer for it and drop it in any UPS pick up box. Make sure to photo copy, or write down the tracking number so you can track it back to Sprint.
ok so I do have to send it all back or I should send it all back just to be on the safe side?
Old 06-30-2010, 03:34 PM   #15
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
ok so I do have to send it all back or I should send it all back just to be on the safe side?
They expect a phone, battery, battery cover and stylus. If something like a stylus was missing they likely would not worry about it, but they will likely contact you if you send a phone and nothing else.

The little money you could get from those parts is just not worth trying to keep them. They will reuse any "like new" parts, refurbish the battery if it passes testing and re-use it, etc.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: