Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
Token22
Telephone User

Mood: Happy
Phone: Galaxy Note 3
My Mood: Happy
SU$: 842
Spell Check???

I looked though a lot of threads and fourms and couldn't find an answer. Sorry in advance if this is posted somewhere. Can someone tell me if the EVO has a spell checker built in when you type txt msg's and internet ect..
Thank you for your help.
(i'm thinking of leaving my bb for the evo just wanted to know if this was something on the phone.)
Old 06-13-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
Garcia85
Formerly known as MO3iusone

Phone: Treo650
SU$: 6,922
Well half the time you wont even press the right letter (at least for me anyway) so it will auto correct the word, as your typing you'll see sets of words that it thinks your trying to spell.

but, its notl like the Blackberry where it will underline the word thats spelled incorrectly
Garcia85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
Token22
Telephone User

Ok so there is some sort of spell correction thing lol. but it's not like the blackberry where there is a spell check option? Anyone know if there is an app in the market for that? Thanks for the help Garcia85.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
castingon
Telegraph User

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC EVO 4G
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 481
It's already built in for when you type instead of checking when you are completely done typing. (Unless I'm missing something and someone else feel free to chime in). You start typing the word and it will suggest options for you to pick. Or after you hit space it auto corrects to the word highlighted. Half the time I find it helpful and the other half I find it very annoying. I find myself adding a lot a words to it. And it kept auto correcting Yuck to Tuck.
castingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:41 PM   #5
Token22
Telephone User

Oh Ok, When I was playing with it at the store I didn't notice it. I guess I can figure it out when I get it. Thank for your help castingon
Old 06-13-2010, 10:12 PM   #6
Shauli
Cordless Phone User

Mood: Amused
Phone: EVOOOOOOOO!
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 4,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by castingon View Post
Half the time I find it helpful and the other half I find it very annoying. I find myself adding a lot a words to it. And it kept auto correcting Yuck to Tuck.
Except that after the first time you tried typing 'yuck' the EVO should have saved that word and selected it by default the next time you try typing it. That's my experience- the first time I tried typing 'EVO' it corrected it to 'eco' but now it always types EVO by default.
Shauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > HTC > Spell Check???

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: