Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 51 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
EVOlvedsapien
Telephone User
 
EVOlvedsapien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 3, '10
Posts: 198
Thanks: 10
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
SU$: 2,049
Thumbs up The OFFICIAL EVO WALLPAPER THREAD!

Hi folks. I know there are threads about screenshots...but this is one is STRICTLY and purely for WALLPAPERS. I have seen some really sweet wallpapers around the web, in-person and such that people are using for their backgrounds on their EVOs.

I especially like the creative wallpapers with the actual Android 'bot' or whatever that guy is called exactly. Please do feel free to share any and all wallpapers with the HTC EVO owners community. Thanks and share away!
EVOlvedsapien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:43 AM   #2
steveymacjr
All EVO! Until WP7
 
steveymacjr's Avatar
 
Mood: Pregnant
Join Date: Sep 16, '03
Location: charlotte, nc
Posts: 1,566
Phone: Megaphone
Thanks: 5
Thanked 44 Times in 37 Posts
My Mood: Pregnant
SU$: 8,107
Wirelessly posted (some touch: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

My wallpaper changes daily.i got an app called bing background and it allows me to make the bing picture of the day as my wallpaper, it also adds bing search which I like.
__________________
steveymacjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:48 AM   #3
xuohtx
Telephone User
 
xuohtx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 18, '08
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 206
Phone: EVO
Thanks: 7
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
SU$: 2,121
I have used a couple of these shots as my wallpaper. Just browsed to this link on my phone, pressed and held on the pic i liked, then set it as my wallpaper, looked great!
xuohtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #4
xuohtx
Telephone User
 
xuohtx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 18, '08
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 206
Phone: EVO
Thanks: 7
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
SU$: 2,121
Using this as my wallpaper right now. Sorry for the giant image, I don't feel like hosting it and resizing.
xuohtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #5
JimParks
Telegraph User
 
JimParks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 13, '05
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 62
Phone: EVO
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
SU$: 357
What size and pix per inch do you use so that the whole picture will just fill the screen?
JimParks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:16 PM   #6
tool2269
Rocket Surgeon
 
tool2269's Avatar
 
Mood: Sneaky
Join Date: May 11, '04
Location: SA, TX
Posts: 3,292
Phone: Galaxy S5
Thanks: 145
Thanked 328 Times in 296 Posts
My Mood: Sneaky
SU$: 18,797
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimParks View Post
What size and pix per inch do you use so that the whole picture will just fill the screen?
960w x 800h
tool2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tool2269 For This Useful Post:
Mish (02-08-2011)
Old 06-17-2010, 10:34 PM   #7
evo4Gowner
Walkie Talkie User
 
evo4Gowner's Avatar
 
Mood: Breezy
Join Date: May 17, '10
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Posts: 338
Phone: EVO 4G
Thanks: 11
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 3,035
I just created my own wallpaper and now I need to make it my default:

What is the process to do that?

I go to Home Wallpaper under Personalize and I don't see how it will show any custom wallpaper I create since the categories are preset.

Edit: looks like you choose Gallery and go find it using Astro File Manager.

I'll transfer it over from my PC and give it a try.
__________________
$129.99 everything data, 25 % corporate discount

Last edited by evo4Gowner; 06-17-2010 at 10:36 PM.
evo4Gowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:12 PM   #8
tool2269
Rocket Surgeon
 
tool2269's Avatar
 
Mood: Sneaky
Join Date: May 11, '04
Location: SA, TX
Posts: 3,292
Phone: Galaxy S5
Thanks: 145
Thanked 328 Times in 296 Posts
My Mood: Sneaky
SU$: 18,797
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo4Gowner View Post
I just created my own wallpaper and now I need to make it my default:

What is the process to do that?

I go to Home Wallpaper under Personalize and I don't see how it will show any custom wallpaper I create since the categories are preset.

Edit: looks like you choose Gallery and go find it using Astro File Manager.

I'll transfer it over from my PC and give it a try.
or from the main homescreen press MENU
tool2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:21 PM   #9
evo4Gowner
Walkie Talkie User
 
evo4Gowner's Avatar
 
Mood: Breezy
Join Date: May 17, '10
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Posts: 338
Phone: EVO 4G
Thanks: 11
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 3,035
Ok, well I am trying to set this wallpaper that I copied over from my PC but it's like pulling teeth.

Maybe someone can offer a simple fail proof way to do it.

I am not even sure I can explain what's happening because I can't even understand what I am looking at.

I mounted the drive when I connected my evo to my pc.

I told my pc to view my files on my device.

I got all the folders up on the screen. I chose "download" folder and copied and pasted my .png file (wallpaper) to that folder. It definitely copied it there.

How do I get to it and set the wallpaper now that it's there.

I am totally lost with what's going on with Astro in trying to find stuff. I assume when I stat up Astro it's taking me to the root of the internal storage? sdcard is one of the folders I see at this point. I also assume that the folder "sdcard" is the actual data that is currently saved on the sd card.

So where is my "download" folder I saw when I told my PC to show me the contents of my EVO?

Man, this is confusing.
__________________
$129.99 everything data, 25 % corporate discount
evo4Gowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:38 PM   #10
Noodle
Meh, I'm me.
 
Noodle's Avatar
 
Mood: Ninja
Join Date: Jun 12, '04
Location: IA
Posts: 5,864
Phone: Nexus 5x
Trades: 2
Thanks: 188
Thanked 212 Times in 182 Posts
My Mood: Ninja
SU$: 47,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo4Gowner View Post
Ok, well I am trying to set this wallpaper that I copied over from my PC but it's like pulling teeth.

Maybe someone can offer a simple fail proof way to do it.

I am not even sure I can explain what's happening because I can't even understand what I am looking at.

I mounted the drive when I connected my evo to my pc.

I told my pc to view my files on my device.

I got all the folders up on the screen. I chose "download" folder and copied and pasted my .png file (wallpaper) to that folder. It definitely copied it there.

How do I get to it and set the wallpaper now that it's there.

I am totally lost with what's going on with Astro in trying to find stuff. I assume when I stat up Astro it's taking me to the root of the internal storage? sdcard is one of the folders I see at this point. I also assume that the folder "sdcard" is the actual data that is currently saved on the sd card.

So where is my "download" folder I saw when I told my PC to show me the contents of my EVO?

Man, this is confusing.
When hooked up to your PC make a folder in the root directory call Media
then in there make one called Wallpapers. You can also make one for ringtones and notifications

So mine is like this

root>Media>audio>ringtones
root>Media>audio>notifications
root>Media>Wallpaper
__________________
Meh
__________________________________________
I'd root my fridge if it ran on Android.
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:09 AM   #11
evo4Gowner
Walkie Talkie User
 
evo4Gowner's Avatar
 
Mood: Breezy
Join Date: May 17, '10
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Posts: 338
Phone: EVO 4G
Thanks: 11
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 3,035
I finally figured out how to set it.

I couldn't find the dang file because I keep forgetting that you have to disable the usb device from your PC (unmount, basically) in order to view everything on the sdcard.

I set my wallpaper but it did not come out as I expected it too.

It kinda squeezed it down quite a bit on the vertical (top to bottom) but left to right it was about right. My image was set to 1000 by 800 (I tried setting it to 960x800 but it set it differently).
__________________
$129.99 everything data, 25 % corporate discount
evo4Gowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:55 AM   #12
Norwester
Telephone User
 
Norwester's Avatar
 
Mood: none
Join Date: Mar 6, '06
Location: Oregon
Posts: 195
Phone: Nexus 6
Thanks: 10
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
SU$: 1,057
Dropbox is the easiest way IMO to set wall papers. Just resize your images,drop them into your Dropbox Photos folder on your PC. Open the same on your phone,choose set as wallpaper & there you go.
Its on the Market.
Norwester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #13
thenewguy821
Telegraph User
 
thenewguy821's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2, '10
Posts: 31
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SU$: 221
thenewguy821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:18 PM   #14
evo4Gowner
Walkie Talkie User
 
evo4Gowner's Avatar
 
Mood: Breezy
Join Date: May 17, '10
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Posts: 338
Phone: EVO 4G
Thanks: 11
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 3,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwester View Post
Dropbox is the easiest way IMO to set wall papers. Just resize your images,drop them into your Dropbox Photos folder on your PC. Open the same on your phone,choose set as wallpaper & there you go.
Its on the Market.
I will have to try this.

Sounds like a huge time saver.
__________________
$129.99 everything data, 25 % corporate discount
evo4Gowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #15
jayhuffdaddy
Cellular Phone User
 
jayhuffdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 22, '06
Location: Somewhere, USA
Posts: 1,627
Phone: Moto X Pure
Trades: 1
Thanks: 3
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
SU$: 7,133
http://mrono.net/voguewallpapers/

I can't take credit for these since they were posted over at xda.
__________________
Signup for Dropbox and you and I get an extra 500mb of space.http://db.tt/dYGkRq2K

Rimbit, the new Bitcoin alternative http://igg.me/at/rimbit-com/x/7599377
jayhuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > HTC > The OFFICIAL EVO WALLPAPER THREAD!

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HTC EVO FAQ's bigchico68 HTC 70 08-30-2011 10:41 PM
The Official My Phone last a Day with out charging Thread!!!! Cyberguycpt HTC 64 07-07-2010 10:20 PM
Official Hero Wallpaper Thread Krayzie Joe HTC 154 05-03-2010 12:55 PM
The Official American Idol Season 7 Thread! Jake Watercooler 12 01-17-2008 11:42 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:52 PM.


- SprintUsers.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sprint PCS -