Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
bartender
Telephone User

Phone: BlackBerry 8530
SU$: 1,574
Unhappy sprint corporate stores.

So today I went to my local sprint corporate store to pay my bill. Upon getting there I see they are closed for remodel and to go to the franchise store down the road. I go there and begin conversing with the people at the counter. They told me that they were taking over the corporate store and that's why its closed. They told me that the corporate store was getting bought because of poor customer service! Hahaha its about time!!! They have lied to me over and over and cost me a small fortune due to bs! They told me that more and more of the corporate stores are going franchise because of lousy customer service. That seems crazy to me that forbes list SPRINT is giving such lousy customer service. What's the deal with that? I talked to a tech the other day who told me I have 3g or EVDO in my area but I updated my phone and profiles and what not but still no EV! is anyone else seeing corporate stores disappear? Are the franchise stores as good or any better? Thanks for your time.
bartender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bartender For This Useful Post:
klangham2003 (07-16-2010)
Old 05-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
fonephreak
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Busy
Phone: Blackberry Bold
My Mood: Busy
SU$: 5,434
I'm not sure I understand the differences between corporate & franchise. When searching on Sprint.com, (that is, back when the old website was up. Nowadays, I can't do anything on Sprint.com) they list both. Repairs - corporate only? 25% off accessories for phones for Premier customers - corporate only? It seems to me that 2 stores in my area have the same prices as Sprint.com & all the phones are working models & the sales staff actually knows how they work. those would be the corporate stores? I'd sure hate to see them go, cause the others, Sprint signs & all, only have model phones & their prices are all over the place & the 'sales' help only know 1 or 2 phones & that's what they push no matter who comes in the door. (laughable, if you were there to see & hear them pushing a tiny qwerty keyboard on a little old man who couldn't see it, even with a magnifying glass & then, when he said he has arthritic fingers, cant' they show him something else, they said he should switch to jitterbug. Long story short, he wanted to keep his anymobile minutes & family plan) I walked him over to the competition (Sprint corporate store? a few blocks down), who have working phones, & left him with a salesperson who was showing him hearing aide-compatible phones he could see & hear & manage. more expensive than the old crummy phone the other sales guy wanted him to take, too. & he was very happy about it! If one of them worked for him, he was ready to pay for it at 4x the price. If those are the franchises, they are pretty awful, in my experience. they keep opening & closing, & are almost always empty. What I am assuming are the corporate stores are always busy. But really, what are the actual differences between them & how can i tell which is who?

Last edited by fonephreak; 05-10-2010 at 03:28 PM.
fonephreak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fonephreak For This Useful Post:
bartender (05-10-2010)
Old 05-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
bartender
Telephone User

To find out if its is corporate or franchised you would have to ask. Honestly though I have had way better experiences at the franchise stores that at my local corporate store. The franchise stores have up and down pricing usually. But as far as being honest and helpful goes franchise all the way. Did they show that guy a touch screen? My franchise store now charges me $3.00 to pay my bill in store. BS! The store that gave your guy such a hard time was most likely corprorate. But not sure. Hard tellin not knowing. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
fonephreak
Walkie Talkie User

the store in question has Up & down pricing, all right: anything current they have is up - more expensive than the Sprint site & the store a few blocks away, which seems to match the Sprint site pricing. Anything so old it's no longer to be found on Sprint.com is Down to a price that sounds great. Not one working phone to be seen or tried. Phones are described as "hot" or "basic, these are made for someone your age." (no, they were new once, & were made for all of us) I look in there occasionally, but don't plan on giving them my business. The salesguy "never heard of" 25% off accessories for premier customers, for 1 thing. the better Sprint store, come to think of it, says they do offer 25% off accessories for Sprint customers, so I guess they're corporate? I'd consider buying from them, or from RS or BestBuy for the instantly applied discount.
bartender (05-10-2010)
Old 05-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
bartender
Telephone User

I have had great experiences buying phones at all types of stores radio shack being one of my favs. I have been using sprint for 10 yrs. Been everywhere. But RS isn't very good for tech. Info but love to get u money back and anything else it can get you from sprint. The corporate stores usually hav all the phones up and running. They just like quickie service and want u to give them 5 rating after rushing u out the door. Not a big fan.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:12 AM   #6
indyalex
treo 700p

Phone: Hero
SU$: 7,013
I hear you,in many ways I've had the same happen.I've had to educate myself thru the internet.If I actually needed a repair I actually have to drive 40 miles to a real Sprint Service Center.There are plenty of Sprint stores,Radio Shacks & Best Buys close but they are only good to for purchases and most are friendly and know me by name and seem to look forward to see me so they can learn from me what they are suppose to already know,it's intended to be a joke but unfortunately very true with some of them.
It just amazes me how a person can do something for a living,day in day out and not have any more insight the ave.customer and much less in many cases.I can somewhat understand it at the stores where they sell all the major carriers products but the Sprint stores have no excuse,at least non they want to try on me cause I've heard it all since I've had cell ph's longer than some of them have been alive.However the Sprint Service Center I go to is good and mostly able to resolve the problems I've had.
I don't have a need for mobile ph.service in my profession so I can only imagine the frustrations encountered by those that rely on it for their livelyhood.
indyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:44 AM   #7
bartender
Telephone User

Right on! That sounds like one of the good corporate stores that will probably stay open. Glad to hear he was getting some good service. I would love to hear how it worked out for him.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #8
fonephreak
Walkie Talkie User

no idea how it worked out for him, this is NYC, it's possible to come across someone once & never see them again, & we didn't exchange personal info. I just said (loudly, as he was turning to leave in disgust) I'm going over to the Sprint store down the block (actually, several blocks over) cause their phones all work, & I need to try them out to compare them & hear the call quality, & of course he heard me & asked, "oh. where is that?"
bartender (05-12-2010)
Old 05-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #9
bartender
Telephone User

That's cool dude. That's aswesome to be cool and help a guy out of the blue like that. New york huh cool in this hole of a town I recognize everyone! I'm jealous of the city and I love NYC! Cheers man.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:33 PM   #10
eyoungren
iPhone User

Phone: iPhone 5: 64GB
SU$: 10,475
Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
There is a very simple way to determine if you are in a corporate store or a franchise store.

If you walk in to a Sprint store and you find an electronic payment machine that accepts cash to pay your Sprint bill you are in a corporate owned store.

If you go to pay your bill in cash and you are signed up for a Precash card you are in a franchise store.

Sprint does not seem to allow franchise stores to have the payment machines.

Sprint puts some serious limits on what the franchise stores are allowed to do (returns/exchanges of phones being one of those things franchise stores are not allowed to do). Franchise employees do not seem to be trained by Sprint either. The franchise stores are also limited by the stock Sprint deigns to give them and may or may not be able to participate in Sprint's promotions.

This certainly frustrates the heck out of some franchise store owners. There was a thread I was involved in where a franchise store owner was extremely not happy that he could not accept returns/exchanges of the phones he sold. That's because Sprint would not cover his loss if the phone was not defective and dealing with the manufacturer was a losing proposition if a claimed defect was unknown to the manufacturer.

So, in a nutshell I would say if the store appears to be operating on a shoestring they aren't corporate. I have had my experiences with franchise stores and I must say that now I avoid them like the plague and will travel miles out of my way to go to a corporate store. Fortunately for me the local corporate store is also a repair center and it's only 5 minutes from my house.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #11
windtrader
Walkie Talkie User

SU$: 2,331
Quote:
So, in a nutshell I would say if the store appears to be operating on a shoestring they aren't corporate. I have had my experiences with franchise stores and I must say that now I avoid them like the plague and will travel miles out of my way to go to a corporate store. Fortunately for me the local corporate store is also a repair center and it's only 5 minutes from my house.
Over time my experience is the corp stores always offer the fullest services, whether it be the full line up of phones, all fully functional, or being able to have all services offered by Sprint done at the store, except some of the Telesales and AS/ES services.

All the corp stores I have been to offer quite solid and uniform service. Most reps are reasonably knowledgeable and quite willing to help. It is hard to recollect an incident where I felt like the person just wanted me to go away or did not want to help. Maybe this is a area by area situation but the district I am in has decent management.
windtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to windtrader For This Useful Post:
bartender (05-13-2010)
Old 05-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #12
bartender
Telephone User

RIM sprint corporate stores

I'm sure it is not only area by area but store by store. Personally I'm glad my local corporate store is closing. They have jacked me around for years and years. But I love my sound and call quallity over any other I have heard. And , this franchise store will now offer everything that the corporate store had except the free cash bill pay. That makes me mad but I'll deal with it for better service I guess. Thanks for the info and taking the time to check this thread out.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #13
windtrader
Walkie Talkie User

SU$: 2,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartender View Post
I'm sure it is not only area by area but store by store. Personally I'm glad my local corporate store is closing. They have jacked me around for years and years. But I love my sound and call quallity over any other I have heard. And , this franchise store will now offer everything that the corporate store had except the free cash bill pay. That makes me mad but I'll deal with it for better service I guess. Thanks for the info and taking the time to check this thread out.
I maybe be wrong but I was told at a corp store that franchise stores do not have access to the same systems that the corp owned store do. For example, there is a repair-support system that only corp stores can tap into. At least that is what I was told. And of course always walking into a corp store pretty much assures you an hands-on working demo phone to try out.
windtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to windtrader For This Useful Post:
bartender (05-13-2010)
Old 05-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #14
bartender
Telephone User

Yeah for sure corporate stores always hav hands on with all phones. Franchise stores don't have access to all either but the one in this instance says they will. Maybe they lie just like my local corporate store did too hahaha. But the customer service problems is why the corporate store here sold out to the franchise store. This franchise store rarely has working phones either but they said minus the cash payment they will be just like the corporate store except not full of BS. We will soon see. This franchise store has always had great info and helped me out when the corp. Wouldn't or couldn't so hopefully I will get the best of both worlds. I just need to get out of small town and live in a metropolis then all my troubles would be solved hahaha I would hav good EVDO and or 4g lol thanks for the time and reply.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:30 PM   #15
eyoungren
iPhone User

Phone: iPhone 5: 64GB
SU$: 10,475
Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
If the franchise store is doing right by you, by all means go to them. There are some good franchise store owners out there. I spoke with one in a thread in this forum. He was annoyed that Sprint limited him in helping his customers, but he was all about helping his customers.

It's just for me though that that seems a rare event where I live. So, I go to the corporate. It's not great. I don't really LIKE going there, but it's better than CALLING! I was on hold for 4 hours once back in 2002. I stayed on that long because for me it was a matter of "You WILL answer my call!"

Anyway, just be careful of precash payments. Not that the franchise store would screw you on purpose or anything, but I've had payments that took a week to show up and my bill was then past due because of that. The idiot franchise store employee put this in wrong in the PreCash system. Also, note that they may or may not eat the $5 charge they have to pay for this.
bartender (05-13-2010)
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Rants, Debates, & Farewells - All Carriers > sprint corporate stores.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: