Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 05-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #1
rmonti
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC Evo 3D
SU$: 439
Lag Lag Lag

I am running the RC 2.1 leak and its great I absolutely love it and cant wait for sprint to release the official rom. BUT i cant understand why the messaging app is sooooo laggy. I can type everywhere else just fine, Gtalk is fast, Emails are fast, other apps are fast, but sms, which i used most often is terrible. Oddly enough it was the same story in Android 1.5. Can anyone shed light on this? I really don't want to have to root my phone and go to a custom rom, but I am really leaning towards it
Old 05-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
Task killer?
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #3
mbell75
Account Inactive

Phone: Nexus S 4G
SU$: 8,898
I cant figure out how to turn off the haptic feedback on it. Already unchecked the box, still does it. I have noticed the typing is faster without it. How do you disable it?
mbell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #4
rmonti
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC Evo 3D
SU$: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarATS View Post
Task killer?
Yeah i use the task killer all the time, doesnt seem to help, only makes a very slight difference
Old 05-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #5
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonti View Post
Yeah i use the task killer all the time, doesnt seem to help, only makes a very slight difference
Isn't necessary and can cause problems itself.
http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-b...-with-android/

If it were me, I would call Sprint, ask to RTN (reset to factory), and reload your apps one-by-one making sure each one does not cause problems. And don't load programs you rarely use. Remember, they will be sitting waiting for you to download if you really need them.
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #6
alafferty
Telegraph User

Phone: Palm Pre
SU$: 616
It is an RC build so it is possible to have bugs in it. I have the same issue and had to go back to 1.5 since this build was so buggy in texting and dialpad. It was a big issue internally at sprint and they had some work to do before the could release it. I am sure there is alot of people that would have rather had it released with these bugs just to say they had it and then grip about it being a poor build and Sprint sux. So either way I see it Sprint loses here. I am as eager as the next guy to get 2.1 but I also want a fully functioning 2.1 and not some half baked build just to get it out.

just my 2 cents and my 2 cents dont even add up to 2 cents. Bring on the EVO
alafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Lag Lag Lag

Tags
lag, rc 2.1, sms, stock

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: