Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 04-10-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
mbell75
Account Inactive

Phone: Nexus S 4G
SU$: 8,898
Getting fed up with Sprint/Android

Well this is becoming ridiculous. 2.1 has been out for 3 months now and Sprint still cant get it up and running while devs from SDX and XDA have had ROMs for weeks. By the time we ever see 2.1, it will be old news and 2.5 will already be here or well on its way. That means we will be forced to buy a new phone to get it, Sprint sure as hell wont be upgrading to it anytime soon. I just bought this Hero in Jan, its not even 3 months old.

Unless Google does something fast to streamline Android so all carriers are running current versions, more people like me will just get more fed up and leave Android. Say what you will about Apple being control freaks but at least they know how to run sh*t and 4.0 is going to offer some nice improvements. Android has the potential to be great, but its a giant mess right now and I am about done with it.
mbell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
DannyNYC
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: EVO 4G
SU$: 2,333
I concur man, this is getting rediculous now. Every one else has at least 1.6 and were stuck with 1.5.. I dont know man Sprint is going to mess up a great chance to lead the way for Android phones.
DannyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
pdx77
SU Podcast Team

Mood: Ninja
Phone: Samsung Moment
Trades: 1
My Mood: Ninja
SU$: 19,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyNYC View Post
I concur man, this is getting rediculous now. Every one else has at least 1.6 and were stuck with 1.5.. I dont know man Sprint is going to mess up a great chance to lead the way for Android phones.
most other carriers still have 1.5 phones, we are going to get the update, sprint has always claimed early 2nd quarter 2010, so they still have time left thits month.
pdx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #4
shamefulzero
Formerly known as Jstn-R

Phone: DINC
Trades: 5
SU$: 17,015
just think guys! i took advantage of that get out of etf thing a few months back so i could go from 1.5 to 1.6. now im stuck with a s#%@y carrier who is probably getting 2.1 last. they just posted on android central sprints testing the hero rom too. so u guys are getting it real soon. great thing come to those who wait.
shamefulzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
Fat Tony
Uncle Tony

Mood: PMSing
Phone: SIII
My Mood: PMSing
SU$: 4,348
Remember the Sanyo MM8500 and MM9000? We were promised all kinds of updates and then new phones came out and the updates never came.

Remember the Samsung Instank? So many updates, programs, and apps were promised and what did Sprint do? Release a new and improved instinct HD and never released crapola.

Now? They are making the same promises and teasing us with new and super improved phones. New phones will come out before the updates. That is IF WE GET ANY UPDATES AT ALL.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
rilharri
Account Inactive

Mood: Amused
Trades: 2
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 12,448
LOL are you all kidding really???

Show me any Hero from any company in the US that has 2.1 on it ???
Verizon's vs is running 1.5

Everyone needs to grow up a little and breath it will come, we all know it.
The Hero, and the Moment will both have 2.1 before the Evo 4G gets released we all know that as well...

Last edited by rilharri; 04-10-2010 at 04:37 PM.
rilharri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
rilharri
Account Inactive

Mood: Amused
Trades: 2
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 12,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
Remember the Sanyo MM8500 and MM9000? We were promised all kinds of updates and then new phones came out and the updates never came.

Remember the Samsung Instank? So many updates, programs, and apps were promised and what did Sprint do? Release a new and improved instinct HD and never released crapola.

Now? They are making the same promises and teasing us with new and super improved phones. New phones will come out before the updates. That is IF WE GET ANY UPDATES AT ALL.
Also the Samsung Instint had about 8 updates LOL so yes they kept there promise there.
rilharri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:45 PM   #8
pdx77
SU Podcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post

We know for a fact we are getting 2.1, both the hero and the moment currently have a leaked version of it. If we aren't getting a 2.1 update, then why do we have a leaked build? Besides as I stated earlier, sprint has said early 2nd quarter 2010 is still on track, and this month is not over yet, so I fail to see how sprint is breaking their promise that we would get a 2.1 update.

and it's not just Sprint btw, there's quite a few 1.5 or 1.6 phones floating around on other carriers that have not seen a 2.1 update yet.

if you really want the 2.1 update that badly, just install one of the leaked roms.

Quote:
Show me any Hero from any company in the US that has 2.1 on it ???
Verizon's vs is running 1.5
And the sad part for them is that it looks like the droid eries is is getting it's end of life in May, with no signs of any 2.1 update for it.

Last edited by pdx77; 04-10-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #9
everette25
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Buzzed
Phone: Galaxy note 2
My Mood: Buzzed
SU$: 16,406
It is frustrating that we have had to wait so long for 2.1. I mean why couldnt we have got atleast 1.6 then 2.1 when it was ready? In todays technology and how people are getting the next best phone each year , these carriers need to step there game up and get these updates out quicker!! Most likely the time 2.1 comes out i will be planning on getting the Evo!!
everette25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #10
pdx77
SU Podcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by everette25 View Post
It is frustrating that we have had to wait so long for 2.1. I mean why couldnt we have got atleast 1.6 then 2.1 when it was ready? In todays technology and how people are getting the next best phone each year , these carriers need to step there game up and get these updates out quicker!! Most likely the time 2.1 comes out i will be planning on getting the Evo!!
You have to remember that these updates take time as far as delvoping them, and testing, they could of done 1.6, sure, but why spend the $$ and effort on 1.6 when 2.1 was coming out soon?

and the Evo isn't scheduled to be out until this summer, so yes, you are going to see the 2.1 update before that happends.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #11
everette25
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Buzzed
Phone: Galaxy note 2
My Mood: Buzzed
SU$: 16,406
2.1 is only on a few phones, so guess we are stuck with 1.5 till whenever. I like everyone have been very patient for these updates. If this update doesnt come out this month i would be very dissapointed !!!
everette25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #12
da.bell
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Yeehaw
Phone: HTC Evo 4G
My Mood: Yeehaw
SU$: 6,127
Well at least you can get updates. I have to flash my HTC Touch because Sprint doesn't update the OS any more. So, it could be worse.

BTW, be patient. It will come along.
da.bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #13
pdx77
SU Podcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by da.bell View Post
Well at least you can get updates. I have to flash my HTC Touch because Sprint doesn't update the OS any more. So, it could be worse.

BTW, be patient. It will come along.
Exactly, I am kind of surprised at the number of Android users who completely forgot on how little Sprint / Microsoft / HTC, and other manufactures updated their devices.

To the current Android users - be happy we are even getting an update at all.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #14
badutahboy
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 13,980
As much as I want 2.1, NOBODY has updated their pre-2.1 devices to run 2.1... Even the droid has only had it for a week or so, and the update from 2.0 to 2.1 didn't entail major changes.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #15
pdx77
SU Podcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
As much as I want 2.1, NOBODY has updated their pre-2.1 devices to run 2.1... Even the droid has only had it for a week or so, and the update from 2.0 to 2.1 didn't entail major changes.
and let's not forget about all the problems they are reporting with 2.1 right now, i would much rather have sprint take awhile on the rom so we don't see as many issues.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Getting fed up with Sprint/Android

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: