Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
KAT
Digital PCS User
 
KAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 8, '05
Location: Sunland, Ca
Posts: 3,340
Phone: Samsung m610
Thanks: 34
Thanked 83 Times in 74 Posts
SU$: 14,285
Moto to release 2ghz phone?

Just rumors of course, but this suggests Moto may release such a Android phone by the end of the year...

http://www.conceivablytech.com/1231/...android-phone/
__________________
LG Optimus S
KAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
Jeff.Slim
HTC EVO 4G For The Win!
 
Jeff.Slim's Avatar
 
Mood: Lurking
Join Date: Jun 7, '10
Location: Roseburg,Oregon
Posts: 387
Phone: HTC EVO 4G
Thanks: 6
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 556
Send a message via MSN to Jeff.Slim
1GHZ is more than i could ever burn up at once.. why the hell do i need 2GHZ on my phone? They gonna throw in Office 2007 and Windows 7 too? I think 1-1.3GHZ SnapDragon is MORE than enough.

IMO
__________________
"sLiM"
Roseburg,Oregon
Telecommunications Consultant
Jeff.Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
KAT
Digital PCS User
 
KAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 8, '05
Location: Sunland, Ca
Posts: 3,340
Phone: Samsung m610
Thanks: 34
Thanked 83 Times in 74 Posts
SU$: 14,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff.Slim View Post
1GHZ is more than i could ever burn up at once.. why the hell do i need 2GHZ on my phone? They gonna throw in Office 2007 and Windows 7 too? I think 1-1.3GHZ SnapDragon is MORE than enough.

IMO
So I guess you're not in the "To much is just enough" crowd lol. I guess it all depends on what these phones end up running in the future. I know the Tegra/nvidia chips are amazing, and have been wondering for years when they would finally be implemented in phones. The graphics ability are phenomenal, way more power overall, and using a fraction of battery power the EVO uses... sounds interesting to me.
__________________
LG Optimus S
KAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
Jeff.Slim
HTC EVO 4G For The Win!
 
Jeff.Slim's Avatar
 
Mood: Lurking
Join Date: Jun 7, '10
Location: Roseburg,Oregon
Posts: 387
Phone: HTC EVO 4G
Thanks: 6
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 556
Send a message via MSN to Jeff.Slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT View Post
So I guess you're not in the "To much is just enough" crowd lol. I guess it all depends on what these phones end up running in the future. I know the Tegra/nvidia chips are amazing, and have been wondering for years when they would finally be implemented in phones. The graphics ability are phenomenal, way more power overall, and using a fraction of battery power the EVO uses... sounds interesting to me.

I mean its amazing, don't get me wrong.. But there is a limit on what a cell phone is good for. I mean to be to use a cell phone with a 2GHZ processor and Andriod OS I need a 6+ inch screen.

Now an Android Netbook would be cool...

I am just saying the phone isnt going to replace the PC unless something drastic happens.

Now if 2GHZ supports LED Screen Options, etc and multi tasking from hell, sweet.

But in the end its a phone, I waited forever for the evo, and as I say this I am sure if sprint were to release a 2GHZ phone I would be in line to buy it day 1, as I like having the most up to date and coolest toys..

My point basically is... when is a cell phone speed, and when will functionality take over having to have the fastest sh*t on the market, I mean the iPhone 4G is fast, great, but I can only do one thing at a time, no multi tasking, no true video calls, no 4G..... I hope you all see my point.
__________________
"sLiM"
Roseburg,Oregon
Telecommunications Consultant
Jeff.Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
emtownsend
Mr. Gadget
 
emtownsend's Avatar
 
Mood: Mellow
Join Date: Aug 11, '05
Location: Post Falls, ID
Posts: 665
Phone: Note Edge
Trades: 2
Thanks: 24
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 942
I have read somewhere on the web (I'll try and find it), that the newer 1.2GHz dual core chips will be out by the end of this year. I think it was an HTC device too.... Rumor for now. Let me see if I can find the article...

EDIT: Ah yes, here it is.
Also, looks like the chips are out already but will not likely show up this year...
__________________
Verizon 15GB plan
Note 4 Edge (hate it)
HTC M8 (wifes)
2xDroid Turbos (kids love them)
Hoping to switch back to Sprint!

Last edited by emtownsend; 06-10-2010 at 01:01 PM.
emtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
emtownsend
Mr. Gadget
 
emtownsend's Avatar
 
Mood: Mellow
Join Date: Aug 11, '05
Location: Post Falls, ID
Posts: 665
Phone: Note Edge
Trades: 2
Thanks: 24
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 942
This reminds me of a billboard I saw where I guy was driving home with his brand new Generation 3 laptop, but was passing another billboard showing an ad for the new Generation 4 laptop and his look was exasperated...
__________________
Verizon 15GB plan
Note 4 Edge (hate it)
HTC M8 (wifes)
2xDroid Turbos (kids love them)
Hoping to switch back to Sprint!
emtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
KAT
Digital PCS User
 
KAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 8, '05
Location: Sunland, Ca
Posts: 3,340
Phone: Samsung m610
Thanks: 34
Thanked 83 Times in 74 Posts
SU$: 14,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by emtownsend View Post
This reminds me of a billboard I saw where I guy was driving home with his brand new Generation 3 laptop, but was passing another billboard showing an ad for the new Generation 4 laptop and his look was exasperated...
Amazing isn't it. Even with a sucky economy, mobile tech is ON FIRE. One things for sure, its all gonna steam roll ahead whether we think we actually need it, or not. I still remember being blown away when I realised I could access the web on my Sammy N400. The screen was about 1"X 1" lol, and took about two minutes for a page to load.
__________________
LG Optimus S
KAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
DannyNYC
Walkie Talkie User
 
DannyNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 17, '09
Location: NYC
Posts: 348
Phone: EVO 4G
Thanks: 45
Thanked 35 Times in 12 Posts
SU$: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff.Slim View Post
1GHZ is more than i could ever burn up at once.. why the hell do i need 2GHZ on my phone? They gonna throw in Office 2007 and Windows 7 too? I think 1-1.3GHZ SnapDragon is MORE than enough.

IMO
See I am the same way, but it that things drops for Sprint - bye bye any phone I am using at the time.
__________________


Device: HTC EVO 4G
Root Method: Unrevoked
Rom: Myn’s Warm TwoPointTwo RLS5

B---h I got an Android!
The "F* You iPhone" Phone

DannyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #9
indyalex
treo 700p
 
indyalex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 31, '06
Location: indiana
Posts: 764
Phone: Hero
Thanks: 81
Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts
SU$: 7,013
Sounds great but the 2Gh processor in a cell ph.is a not likely for quit a while.
indyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:12 PM   #10
KAT
Digital PCS User
 
KAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 8, '05
Location: Sunland, Ca
Posts: 3,340
Phone: Samsung m610
Thanks: 34
Thanked 83 Times in 74 Posts
SU$: 14,285
A bit more...

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/...tories+2%29%29
__________________
LG Optimus S
KAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #11
Remax Realtor
No love for Android
 
Remax Realtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 18, '06
Location: USA
Posts: 1,220
Phone: a-900
Thanks: 40
Thanked 87 Times in 66 Posts
SU$: 6,390
I could care less about processor speed right now. I would be more impressed with new battery technology that allows faster and more versatile charging, and longer lasting batteries. I think that is the big drawback right now with mobile technology. All the technology isn't any good unless you have the juice to run it.
Remax Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:16 AM   #12
Msnay8907
Walkie Talkie User
 
Msnay8907's Avatar
 
Mood: Fine
Join Date: Jan 11, '09
Posts: 431
Phone: Epic Touch
Thanks: 3
Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 4,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remax Realtor View Post
I could care less about processor speed right now. I would be more impressed with new battery technology that allows faster and more versatile charging, and longer lasting batteries. I think that is the big drawback right now with mobile technology. All the technology isn't any good unless you have the juice to run it.
You stole the words right out of my mouth. The actual features of the phones are surpassing how long the phone will last. You shouldn't have to disable 70% of your phone to get it to last through the whole day. Whoever is the first to develop a good battery will make millions. And there is only so much a phone can do (or so we think lol) without becoming too big and to the point where you are carrying around something the size of an iPad.
__________________
If I helped you out at all, make sure you click *THANKS*

Special thanks to TheTruckGuy for my Premium membership
Msnay8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:10 AM   #13
KAT
Digital PCS User
 
KAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 8, '05
Location: Sunland, Ca
Posts: 3,340
Phone: Samsung m610
Thanks: 34
Thanked 83 Times in 74 Posts
SU$: 14,285
I guess a couple of you guys missed what I said about power consumption with these nvidia chips. While I totally agree we need better longer lasting batteries, these chips are made not only for more power, but far less power consumption. I can't wait to own a phone with such a chip. Here's some more info about nvidia/tegra's "computer on a chip" or so they call it.

"The Next Generation NVIDIA ® Tegra™ mobile web processor was designed to power the new generation of tablets, slates, mobile Internet devices (MIDs), e-readers, automotive safety and entertainment solutions, and Internet TV boxes. NVIDIA Tegra delivers an uncompromised Web experience, including ultra low power Flash 10.1 acceleration, 1080p video playback, 3D touchscreen UI support, and unmatched battery life."

http://androidoperatingsystem.net/20...oming-2h-2010/

http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra_250.html
__________________
LG Optimus S

Last edited by KAT; 06-11-2010 at 02:23 AM.
KAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:42 AM   #14
uranidiot
Telephone User
 
uranidiot's Avatar
 
Mood: Brooding
Join Date: Feb 21, '09
Location: nyc
Posts: 186
Phone: Samsung EPIC
Thanks: 10
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
SU$: 1,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT View Post
Just rumors of course, but this suggests Moto may release such a Android phone by the end of the year...

http://www.conceivablytech.com/1231/...android-phone/
another phone we will never get . Motorola hates us
uranidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #15
Remax Realtor
No love for Android
 
Remax Realtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 18, '06
Location: USA
Posts: 1,220
Phone: a-900
Thanks: 40
Thanked 87 Times in 66 Posts
SU$: 6,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT View Post
I guess a couple of you guys missed what I said about power consumption with these nvidia chips. While I totally agree we need better longer lasting batteries, these chips are made not only for more power, but far less power consumption. I can't wait to own a phone with such a chip. Here's some more info about nvidia/tegra's "computer on a chip" or so they call it.

"The Next Generation NVIDIA ® Tegra™ mobile web processor was designed to power the new generation of tablets, slates, mobile Internet devices (MIDs), e-readers, automotive safety and entertainment solutions, and Internet TV boxes. NVIDIA Tegra delivers an uncompromised Web experience, including ultra low power Flash 10.1 acceleration, 1080p video playback, 3D touchscreen UI support, and unmatched battery life."

http://androidoperatingsystem.net/20...oming-2h-2010/

http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra_250.html
No I didnt miss it. Sure the chip will make a difference, but they still need to improve battery technology.
Remax Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Motorola > Moto to release 2ghz phone?

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Must-have Android apps for your new phone Adondo Android (Google) Based Phones 110 09-03-2010 06:32 PM
Microsoft® My Phone syncs information between your mobile phone and the web... SLME Sprint Discussion 6 05-06-2009 10:16 AM
In-Stink or In-Sweet? 7 days with the phone so far. jsschrstrcks1 Phone Reviews 0 06-29-2008 08:56 AM
Phone recommendations... annieb727 Rants, Debates, & Farewells - All Carriers 1 12-23-2007 11:16 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:15 PM.


- SprintUsers.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sprint PCS -