Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 06-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
KAT
Digital PCS User

Phone: Samsung m610
SU$: 14,285
Moto to release 2ghz phone?

Just rumors of course, but this suggests Moto may release such a Android phone by the end of the year...

http://www.conceivablytech.com/1231/...android-phone/
Old 06-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
Jeff.Slim
HTC EVO 4G For The Win!

Mood: Lurking
Phone: HTC EVO 4G
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 556
Send a message via MSN to Jeff.Slim
1GHZ is more than i could ever burn up at once.. why the hell do i need 2GHZ on my phone? They gonna throw in Office 2007 and Windows 7 too? I think 1-1.3GHZ SnapDragon is MORE than enough.

IMO
Jeff.Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
KAT
Digital PCS User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff.Slim View Post
1GHZ is more than i could ever burn up at once.. why the hell do i need 2GHZ on my phone? They gonna throw in Office 2007 and Windows 7 too? I think 1-1.3GHZ SnapDragon is MORE than enough.

IMO
So I guess you're not in the "To much is just enough" crowd lol. I guess it all depends on what these phones end up running in the future. I know the Tegra/nvidia chips are amazing, and have been wondering for years when they would finally be implemented in phones. The graphics ability are phenomenal, way more power overall, and using a fraction of battery power the EVO uses... sounds interesting to me.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
Jeff.Slim
HTC EVO 4G For The Win!

Mood: Lurking
Phone: HTC EVO 4G
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 556
Send a message via MSN to Jeff.Slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT View Post
So I guess you're not in the "To much is just enough" crowd lol. I guess it all depends on what these phones end up running in the future. I know the Tegra/nvidia chips are amazing, and have been wondering for years when they would finally be implemented in phones. The graphics ability are phenomenal, way more power overall, and using a fraction of battery power the EVO uses... sounds interesting to me.

I mean its amazing, don't get me wrong.. But there is a limit on what a cell phone is good for. I mean to be to use a cell phone with a 2GHZ processor and Andriod OS I need a 6+ inch screen.

Now an Android Netbook would be cool...

I am just saying the phone isnt going to replace the PC unless something drastic happens.

Now if 2GHZ supports LED Screen Options, etc and multi tasking from hell, sweet.

But in the end its a phone, I waited forever for the evo, and as I say this I am sure if sprint were to release a 2GHZ phone I would be in line to buy it day 1, as I like having the most up to date and coolest toys..

My point basically is... when is a cell phone speed, and when will functionality take over having to have the fastest sh*t on the market, I mean the iPhone 4G is fast, great, but I can only do one thing at a time, no multi tasking, no true video calls, no 4G..... I hope you all see my point.
Jeff.Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
emtownsend
Mr. Gadget

Mood: Mellow
Phone: Note Edge
Trades: 2
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 942
I have read somewhere on the web (I'll try and find it), that the newer 1.2GHz dual core chips will be out by the end of this year. I think it was an HTC device too.... Rumor for now. Let me see if I can find the article...

EDIT: Ah yes, here it is.
Also, looks like the chips are out already but will not likely show up this year...
2xDroid Turbos (kids love them)
Hoping to switch back to Sprint!

Last edited by emtownsend; 06-10-2010 at 01:01 PM.
emtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
emtownsend
Mr. Gadget

Mood: Mellow
Phone: Note Edge
Trades: 2
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 942
This reminds me of a billboard I saw where I guy was driving home with his brand new Generation 3 laptop, but was passing another billboard showing an ad for the new Generation 4 laptop and his look was exasperated...
2xDroid Turbos (kids love them)
Hoping to switch back to Sprint!
emtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
KAT
Digital PCS User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtownsend View Post
This reminds me of a billboard I saw where I guy was driving home with his brand new Generation 3 laptop, but was passing another billboard showing an ad for the new Generation 4 laptop and his look was exasperated...
Amazing isn't it. Even with a sucky economy, mobile tech is ON FIRE. One things for sure, its all gonna steam roll ahead whether we think we actually need it, or not. I still remember being blown away when I realised I could access the web on my Sammy N400. The screen was about 1"X 1" lol, and took about two minutes for a page to load.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
DannyNYC
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: EVO 4G
SU$: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff.Slim View Post

IMO
See I am the same way, but it that things drops for Sprint - bye bye any phone I am using at the time.

Device: HTC EVO 4G
Root Method: Unrevoked
Rom: Myn’s Warm TwoPointTwo RLS5

B---h I got an Android!
The "F* You iPhone" Phone

DannyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #9
indyalex
treo 700p

Phone: Hero
SU$: 7,013
Sounds great but the 2Gh processor in a cell ph.is a not likely for quit a while.
indyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:12 PM   #10
KAT
Digital PCS User

A bit more...

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/...tories+2%29%29
Old 06-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #11
Remax Realtor
No love for Android

Phone: a-900
SU$: 6,390
I could care less about processor speed right now. I would be more impressed with new battery technology that allows faster and more versatile charging, and longer lasting batteries. I think that is the big drawback right now with mobile technology. All the technology isn't any good unless you have the juice to run it.
Remax Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:16 AM   #12
Msnay8907
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Fine
Phone: Epic Touch
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 4,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remax Realtor View Post
I could care less about processor speed right now. I would be more impressed with new battery technology that allows faster and more versatile charging, and longer lasting batteries. I think that is the big drawback right now with mobile technology. All the technology isn't any good unless you have the juice to run it.
You stole the words right out of my mouth. The actual features of the phones are surpassing how long the phone will last. You shouldn't have to disable 70% of your phone to get it to last through the whole day. Whoever is the first to develop a good battery will make millions. And there is only so much a phone can do (or so we think lol) without becoming too big and to the point where you are carrying around something the size of an iPad.

Special thanks to TheTruckGuy for my Premium membership
Msnay8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:10 AM   #13
KAT
Digital PCS User

I guess a couple of you guys missed what I said about power consumption with these nvidia chips. While I totally agree we need better longer lasting batteries, these chips are made not only for more power, but far less power consumption. I can't wait to own a phone with such a chip. Here's some more info about nvidia/tegra's "computer on a chip" or so they call it.

"The Next Generation NVIDIA ® Tegra™ mobile web processor was designed to power the new generation of tablets, slates, mobile Internet devices (MIDs), e-readers, automotive safety and entertainment solutions, and Internet TV boxes. NVIDIA Tegra delivers an uncompromised Web experience, including ultra low power Flash 10.1 acceleration, 1080p video playback, 3D touchscreen UI support, and unmatched battery life."

http://androidoperatingsystem.net/20...oming-2h-2010/

http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra_250.html

Last edited by KAT; 06-11-2010 at 02:23 AM.
KAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:42 AM   #14
uranidiot
Telephone User

Mood: Brooding
Phone: Samsung EPIC
My Mood: Brooding
SU$: 1,978
Quote:
Just rumors of course, but this suggests Moto may release such a Android phone by the end of the year...

http://www.conceivablytech.com/1231/...android-phone/
another phone we will never get . Motorola hates us
uranidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #15
Remax Realtor
No love for Android

Phone: a-900
SU$: 6,390
Quote:
I guess a couple of you guys missed what I said about power consumption with these nvidia chips. While I totally agree we need better longer lasting batteries, these chips are made not only for more power, but far less power consumption. I can't wait to own a phone with such a chip. Here's some more info about nvidia/tegra's "computer on a chip" or so they call it.

"The Next Generation NVIDIA ® Tegra™ mobile web processor was designed to power the new generation of tablets, slates, mobile Internet devices (MIDs), e-readers, automotive safety and entertainment solutions, and Internet TV boxes. NVIDIA Tegra delivers an uncompromised Web experience, including ultra low power Flash 10.1 acceleration, 1080p video playback, 3D touchscreen UI support, and unmatched battery life."

http://androidoperatingsystem.net/20...oming-2h-2010/

http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra_250.html
No I didnt miss it. Sure the chip will make a difference, but they still need to improve battery technology.
Remax Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Motorola > Moto to release 2ghz phone?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: