Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 03-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
ajac
Satellite Phone User

Phone: htc evo
SU$: 34,956
easy way to get sprint?

So now that sprint is canceling all post paid virgin accounts and letting the join sprint I wonder if people who want sprint could use this as a way to get it? I have a friend that has horrid credit but was thinking about seeing if he wanted to do that to get sprint get a post paid virgin phone and then wait for the switch over.. thoughts?

Location location location.
ajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
big_ole_truck
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 8,421
Sprint will likely accept your friend with horrid credit but either place an account spending limit on the account and/or require a deposit.

But there's other pre-paid carriers to join or at least consider, often cheaper than the post paid carriers. Boost Mobile (owned by Sprint), Straight Talk, etc etc offer terrific value.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
ajac
Satellite Phone User

Phone: htc evo
SU$: 34,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_truck View Post
Sprint will likely accept your friend with horrid credit but either place an account spending limit on the account and/or require a deposit.

But there's other pre-paid carriers to join or at least consider, often cheaper than the post paid carriers. Boost Mobile (owned by Sprint), Straight Talk, etc etc offer terrific value.
yeah he has cricket right now but is eyeballing the pre and the moment (and he refues to touch verzion for the pre) but looking at the virgin way to get in (lol god that sounds sooooo bad)

Location location location.
ajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
YPG
You down with YPG?

Mood: onvacation
Phone: M1 for life!
Trades: 13
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 42,357
Where is this info about Sprint cancelling Virgin post paid accounts?
YPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
CxC
Custom Title!!

Mood: Ninja
Phone: Optimus S
My Mood: Ninja
SU$: 3,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by YPG View Post
Where is this info about Sprint cancelling Virgin post paid accounts?
http://www.sprintusers.com/category/sprint-news/
CxC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CxC For This Useful Post:
YPG (03-14-2010)
Old 03-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
based on this:

Quote:
As many of you know, recently Sprint took over Virgin Mobile. Well, Sprint has decided to decommission all of the Virgin Mobile post paid customers. Current Virgin Mobile post paid customers will be notified by Sprint, via mail, text message, and on their bill between the dates of 3/1 and 5/24, that as of 5/25 they will lose their wireless service. Sprint will offer them the following with a 2 year subscriber agreement:

* $150 instant rebate plus an additional $50 off any Sprint handset of their choice
* Waived termination and activation fees
* If the customer has been with Virgin Mobile post paid for more than 12 months, any deposit or credit checks will be waived

Note: This offer is not available in any store. Any Virgin Mobile customers out there needing to get a hold of Sprint regarding this should call this number.

1-877-624-0262
I would say that he will be asked for the same deposit. It seems that Sprint is trying to make Virgin a prepaid only company, and possibly trying to just focus on Boost for most of its "no contract" options.

You can be pretty sure that existing Virgin customers who are asked for a deposit will be told about Boost CDMA for the $50 unlimited plan.

Now, Sprint just needs to make free calling between Virgin prepaid, Boost and Sprint like Verizon and AT&T offer with their prepaid and post paid services.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #7
skyrkt
Two Cans & String User

Phone: HTC Hero
SU$: 22
Send a message via MSN to skyrkt
If you know someone that works at a store, they can hook you up with a wireless advantage plan which is cheap and has no contract. I had that plan on my phone but was forced to switch to the equivalent to SERO for the Hero still with no contract.
skyrkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #8
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrkt View Post
If you know someone that works at a store, they can hook you up with a wireless advantage plan which is cheap and has no contract. I had that plan on my phone but was forced to switch to the equivalent to SERO for the Hero still with no contract.
They have a limited number of those plans available for the employees, and many will give them to relatives and close friends before they give them to a somewhat regular customer to the store for repairs or to "test drive" a phone.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: