Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 02-25-2010, 12:56 AM   #1
FloorMatt
Retired Admin
3D rEVOlution

Phone: HTC EVO 3D
Trades: 10
SU$: 13,704
Lightbulb Introducing the SprintUsers Podcast!

Greetings SprintUsers Community!

I would like to introduce a new addition to our site: the SprintUsers Podcast!

This podcast will feature discussion of Sprint current events, such as: new and upcoming phones, services, applications, as well as popular topics in the SprintUsers forum.

Look for a new episode every Sunday evening.

We invite you to send in your questions or comments regarding the podcast.

Leave a Voice Mail or SMS to 260-SU-CHAT-1 (260) 782-4281
Email us at podcast@sprintusers.com
You can also find us in the Sprint Users Chat Room

Latest Episode and Subscription links::

Last edited by FloorMatt; 04-12-2010 at 05:16 PM.
FloorMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FloorMatt For This Useful Post:
pdx77 (02-25-2010)
Old 02-25-2010, 01:04 AM   #2
pdx77
SU Podcast Team

Mood: Ninja
Phone: Samsung Moment
Trades: 1
My Mood: Ninja
SU$: 19,865
SprintUsers.com Podcast FAQ's

Where can I find past episodes and show notes?
You can find all the past show notes by going to: http://www.sprintusers.com/category/podcast/

I want to be on the show, how can I do this?
We are always on the lookout for people to join our panel, just drop us an e-mail at podcast@sprintusers.com and explain why you want to be part of the show. We are also looking for people to help out by doing phone reviews for us, (see below for more information).

ok, I listened to some of the episodes, but the audio was horrible.
We had some technical issues with the first 3 episodes that we did, the latest ones should sound a lot better as each week we keep on improving the overall quality.

Can I listen to this from my mobile device?
Sure!
If you are using Windows Mobile, we recommend BeyondPod
Android has a few choices, you can use BeyondPod or Google Listen
Please e-mail us if you can recommend some decent clients for Web OS, Blackberry

I don't want to be on the show, but want to help, how can I help?
You can help us out by being on the look out for some interesting news stories for us to cover. We also need people to help do audio reviews for us, you can either send us a .mp3 of the review, or you can set up a time with us and we can do a skype to skype coversation where we record the audio locally.

When is the show released?
We try and release a new episode every Sunday evening.

Are you going to be doing any contests or anything like that?
Maybe, keep your eye's and ears out for more information on this in upcoming episodes.

I have some suggestions on how to make the podcast better
Awesome! We are always looking for feedback on how to make each episode even better then the last, you can e-mail us at podcast@sprintusers.com or send a text message or leave a voice mail to 260-SU-CHAT-1 (260-782-4281).

Make sure you subscribe to the feeds listed above so you'll never miss an episode when it comes out, we are featured in both iTunes and Zune Marketplace.

Last updated 3-30-10

Last edited by FloorMatt; 03-30-2010 at 06:06 PM.
pdx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #3
pdx77
SU Podcast Team

I forgot to add that we are always looking for people to be part of the panel, please PM me if you are interested.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:37 AM   #4
Noodle
Meh, I'm me.

Phone: Sexy Black S4
Trades: 2
SU$: 46,363
I know this has been debated over and over again but after listening to the entire podcast you guys near the end bring up the plan costs and phone selection. I understand the whole cloud computing issue now and all however you guys mention the old F&C and F&F plans compared to the newer ones.

You talk about how well AT&T and VZW are doing the whole charge more for data plans so why not sprint... sprint is still less for what you get.

Sure it is for new customers, that isn't the point. The point is older customers like me (i'm on ED450 now I'm relating to my old plan F&C 1000) I never used Sprint TV, I used SprintNav 3 times at a per time charge in 2 years, I like a bunch of people never use Sprints ringers or mobile this and that. we just use straight data.

The point is why should we customers just wanting new phones be subjected to paying extra for features we don't use or care about. Sure some do, hell maybe 60% do but why just because AT&T or VZW are doing it does Sprint or should Sprint or even justify that because their overall prices are cheaper should they be ok with doing it.

If someone is willing to stick with an older plan because it works for them and they will stick with your company for 10+ years because of it why penalize them for holding out. Let them use their older plan that works for them. If 5 years or 10 years from now the actual technology doesn't work anymore with their plan or your network then great boot them off and make them get a new plan. Until then let them be.

New customers do with what you will but leave us who have been with you since the beginning alone.

Like I said in the beginning I already switched over by choice but don't play it off like just because Sprint is still cheaper by $20 her and there in the whole bundle means they are any less evil than AT&T or VZW.

They are a company who is out to make money and they are trying to squeeze themselves in as close as they can with the big 2 without seeming like the bad guy however they are still screwing their longtime customers in the end.
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
Noodle
Meh, I'm me.

Phone: Sexy Black S4
SU$: 46,363
Oh and maybe for future podcasts pick 1 topic from each forum section and give it say 5 min per. General, Phone Reviews, Tips & Tricks, Multimedia, etc
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:16 PM   #6
FloorMatt
Retired Admin
3D rEVOlution

Phone: HTC EVO 3D
Trades: 10
SU$: 13,704
We welcome any and all comments about the Podcast; they can only serve to make it better!

I think the main idea behind certain restrictions is to maintain a certain QOS - Quality of Service. Sprint is trying to offer their services on these advanced phones and, in doing that, they wish ensure the same experience for all. We all know these new smart devices are data-intensive. However, it may very well be the case that someone (like myself) with an older plan does have unlimited vision/data, but are penalized -- i.e. not being able to activate one of these new phone models. So, it serves the double purpose of forcing people into newer plans, for various reasons.

But anyways,

I agree with your idea about addressing some topics in the various forums, and we intend to do that in future podcasts.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:27 PM   #7
pdx77
SU Podcast Team

Just to give you all a heads up that the OP has changed as we changed the Podcast feed. You can subscribe directly to the podcast with this url:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/supodcast
Old 03-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #8
pdx77
SU Podcast Team

Episode 2 is out:

http://www.sprintusers.com/su-podcast-episode-2/
Old 03-08-2010, 09:18 AM   #9
grydlok
Climbing in your Window

Mood: Fine
Phone: Samsung GS3
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 4,531
Send a message via AIM to grydlok Send a message via Yahoo to grydlok Send a message via Skype™ to grydlok
Nice Ep 2
grydlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:09 AM   #10
bigchico68
Crop Circle User

Mood: Inspired
Phone: iPhone 5
My Mood: Inspired
SU$: 30,177
Send a message via AIM to bigchico68
Had a great time doing the show with you guys, hope everyone listens and enjoys.
bigchico68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #11
pdx77
SU Podcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchico68 View Post
Had a great time doing the show with you guys, hope everyone listens and enjoys.
Glad to have you on board.

I want to apologize for the quality of episode 2, we lost the first 1-2 minutes of the recording that and the low audio quality, I did the best I could in post-production to make it sound half way decent and made some changes to my setup so next week's episode should sound alot better.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #12
bigchico68
Crop Circle User

Mood: Inspired
Phone: iPhone 5
My Mood: Inspired
SU$: 30,177
Send a message via AIM to bigchico68
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
Glad to have you on board.

I want to apologize for the quality of episode 2, we lost the first 1-2 minutes of the recording that and the low audio quality, I did the best I could in post-production to make it sound half way decent and made some changes to my setup so next week's episode should sound alot better.
Its all good, I listened back to it and it didn't sound to bad it really was ok, but hey it was only the second episode, so as weeks go on and we get more experience on it I think it will improve. I thought you did good editing it and making it sound decent.
bigchico68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #13
grydlok
Climbing in your Window

Mood: Fine
Phone: Samsung GS3
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 4,531
Send a message via AIM to grydlok Send a message via Yahoo to grydlok Send a message via Skype™ to grydlok
I was about to comment on the audio this week. Some of you guys voices was low and Matt seems not to say a lot.
grydlok is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to grydlok For This Useful Post:
bigchico68 (03-09-2010)
Old 03-08-2010, 11:10 PM   #14
pdx77
SU Podcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by grydlok View Post
I was about to comment on the audio this week. Some of you guys voices was low and Matt seems not to say a lot.
I just got done done a test run with a new setup, and trust me it sounds much better =0), and FloorMatt was having internet issues at the time so he actually was cutting in and out of the conversation.

I'm going to look at episodes 1-2 being the practice runs.

Thanks for listening and your feedback.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #15
dlichterman
Super Moderator

Mood: Sleepy
Phone: 3VO
Trades: 5
My Mood: Sleepy
SU$: 18,683
Episode 3 is out! First post is updated!
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Introducing the SprintUsers Podcast!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: