Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 02-23-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
carpediem06
Digital PCS User

SU$: 22,483
Hero 2?

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...=Google+Reader

"We’ve just been hit up by a source close to HTC, and let’s just say the Android invasion (of high quality Android devices, at least) has only just started. One of our connects let us know that while Google will be looking to sell an AT&T 3G-compatible Nexus One directly through their web store (just like we previously reported), the actual AT&T unit will be the HTC Desire. It will also apparently go to market on AT&T shelves as the HTC Desire as well. This will give AT&T users HTC’s Sense UI, but we’ve been told the physical attributes of the unit might change from the HTC Desire that we’ve all seen. Nothing major, just possibly some material/finish/color changes to the casing. We have been told to expect the HTC Desire to land on AT&T in the May to June timeframe.

Now, on to our boys and girls at Sprint. We have been told Sprint will be continuing their HTC Android tradition with the HTC Hero2. That device, will indeed be the HTC Legend, except it will apparently be slightly modified. Just like Sprint’s original HTC Hero was. Our contact hasn’t seen the device first hand so we can’t be sure what kind of changes are in store, though if history is any indicator, we don’t think a little more rounded and less edgy look would be outside the realm of possibility. We have no release timetable for the Sprint HTC Hero2 at this time.

Remember, this isn’t confirmed — the pieces fit together perfectly — but we felt it was worthy enough to warrant a post."
carpediem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
mbell75
Account Inactive

Phone: Nexus S 4G
SU$: 8,898
Just another rumor quoting an anonymous source. Wont believe it till its officially announced but thanks.
mbell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #3
boomhower
Digital PCS User

Mood: Yeehaw
Phone: 4S ordered
Trades: 5
My Mood: Yeehaw
SU$: 31,956
Makes sense. I would much rather have the Bravo but it's a big improvement over what we have. The big question is will Sprint uglyfy the Legend like they did the Hero.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
wkj
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: BB Style
SU$: 750
I think spec wise the Moment has the Legend beat. Aside from the amoled screen, where's the advantage to upgrading from the current Hero, especially once it gets the new Sense. I say keep your Hero's and wait for the Supersonic.

wkj
wkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:32 PM   #5
TheMadHatter
Telephone User

Phone: Sprint HTC Hero
SU$: 1,740
Would MUCH rather have HTC Desire over this!! Come on Sprint! Please don't pass on Desire to offer us this crap!! It's an amazing LOOKING phone, but it has almost the same internals as the first iteration of the Hero!

Also, please don't change the design of any more phones. HTC makes them beautifully out of the gate. Most of us like 'em that way.
TheMadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:57 AM   #6
0dB
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Buzzed
Phone: Whatever works
My Mood: Buzzed
SU$: 8,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Just another rumor quoting an anonymous source. Wont believe it till its officially announced but thanks.
I guess since I proved you can't believe in the old Sprint Rep chat transcripts anymore you should just give up on rumors all together.
0dB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:47 AM   #7
carpediem06
Digital PCS User

SU$: 22,483
Quote:
this is the boygenius report...yes its a rumor...but they usually turn out correct
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter View Post
Would MUCH rather have HTC Desire over this!! Come on Sprint! Please don't pass on Desire to offer us this crap!! It's an amazing LOOKING phone, but it has almost the same internals as the first iteration of the Hero!

Also, please don't change the design of any more phones. HTC makes them beautifully out of the gate. Most of us like 'em that way.
i agree...the hero 2 looks like a POS
carpediem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:35 AM   #8
shamefulzero
Formerly known as Jstn-R

Phone: DINC
Trades: 5
SU$: 17,015
sprint will screw with the design. i hated the hero design, but couldnt wait to get an android on sprint. big mistake, android is much better on a gsm network.
shamefulzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:27 AM   #9
Fat Tony
Uncle Tony

Mood: PMSing
Phone: SIII
My Mood: PMSing
SU$: 4,348
A "Hero 2" makes sense. They forget about giving us the software update (to 2.1) just like the did with the Sanyo MM9000, Instinct, and that blue phone that first offered Push to Talk with the multicolored LEDs on it. Instead of giving us an update, SELL US A NEW PHONE!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:52 AM   #10
Mikesphone
Android Fan

Phone: HTC Evo
SU$: 516
I love my hero but won't get the hero 2 if it has the same screen size. I think its too narrow to use accurately.
Mikesphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #11
mountain
Telegraph User

SU$: 812
Sprint will shoot themselves in the foot if they don't have at least a snapdragon processor on this phone. I think the main reason sprint is losing customers because of it's phone selections. IMO, I think both the Hero and Moment are crappy phones. Pre is fragile and pixi is to slow.
mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #12
david_ag
Technologically advanced

Phone: Soon HTC 1X
SU$: 3,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstn-R View Post
sprint will screw with the design. i hated the hero design, but couldnt wait to get an android on sprint. big mistake, android is much better on a gsm network.
I understand what you are saying but keep in mind that's only beacuse you are running an andorid 1.5 OS that needed to be hacked to make it work on CDMA. From 1.6+ versions, CDMA is natively supported and thus it won't make a difference.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #13
mbell75
Account Inactive

Phone: Nexus S 4G
SU$: 8,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediem06 View Post
this is the boygenius report...yes its a rumor...but they usually turn out correct
And the photo in linked to passing thru FCC clearly had a SIM card slot meaning GSM, Sprint is CDMA....
mbell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #14
BerryChic
another word 4 thesaurus?

Mood: Amused
Phone: hTC EVO
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 31,957
Quote:
And the photo in linked to passing thru FCC clearly had a SIM card slot meaning GSM, Sprint is CDMA....
I know nothing about this phone that you all are referring to however I'd like to just note that having a SIM card slot does not mean that its limited to a GSM carrier... my Tour has a SIM slot (and the TouchPro2 also) because its a quad-band supported device but it's a Sprint phone.

BerryChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #15
0dB
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Buzzed
Phone: Whatever works
My Mood: Buzzed
SU$: 8,038
Quote:
When it comes to HTC phones there is almost always a GSM device released before a CDMA device becomes available. Not passing judgement on this rumor one way or the other but there is still plenty of time for a Sprint tweaked CDMA version to clear the FCC and be released this summer easy.
0dB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Hero 2?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: