Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
imfletcher
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 64
Process Com.Android.Phone App Force Closes

Hello All,

My Hero's battery was dying ast night so I turned the phone off and plugged it in when I got home and also turned it back on. I woke up this morning and the phone shows no service. I went into settings to check for solutions and every one I try to access gives me a force close (process com.android.phone) and I can't figure it out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Irwin

Last edited by imfletcher; 02-20-2010 at 10:08 AM.
imfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
imfletcher
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 64
Okay I found an answer to this on another site. For my situation, the answer was to uninstall some of my most recent apps I guess to free up some memory. Hope this can help some one else having the same issue.

Thanks for the great information site,

Irwin
imfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
mkhopper
Telegraph User

Phone: HERO!
SU$: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by imfletcher View Post
Hello All,

My Hero's battery was dying ast night so I turned the phone off and plugged it in when I got home and also turned it back on. I woke up this morning and the phone shows no service. I went into settings to check for solutions and every one I try to access gives me a force close (process com.android.phone) and I can't figure it out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Irwin
Sounds like ye olde 70 application limit bug.
There is an issue with the Sprint Hero devices where if you have over 70 apps installed, you could run into an issue with all core apps failing, which prevents you from getting service.

If you have an uninstaller application handy, you'll have to start weeding out those apps you may not really need to bring the number below 70 and then reboot.
If you can only use the Market app to do uninstalls, you'll need to switch over to wifi so that the Market app opens, because it will crash without a data connection.

Another possibility to get the phone working again is, if you're rooted, roll back to your last Nandroid backup. This should allow the phone to boot up correctly and allow you to uninstall applications. (This is what I needed to do once.)
mkhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Android Apps Force Close

Tags
android, close, force, hero

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: