Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 03-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
karasuhebi
Telegraph User

Phone: CDMA Hero (2.1)
SU$: 346
Send a message via AIM to karasuhebi Send a message via MSN to karasuhebi Send a message via Yahoo to karasuhebi Send a message via Skype™ to karasuhebi
Getting notified about new emails in my Gmail labels

I'm a heavy Gmail user and I have a bunch of filters set up so all my emails get automatically sorted into the corresponding labels. When an email comes in, the filter finds out where it's supposed to go based on some keywords and then it labels it and removes it from the Inbox.

As you can see, that last step is where I'm having a problem. Since all of my new emails skip the inbox and go straight into labels, my phone doesn't notify me about them. Anything I can do about this without having to modify every single one of my filters?

Thanks in advance,
-Karasuhebi

P.S. I sometimes text in Spanish, is there any way to turn on predictive text in some sort of dual language mode? I could do that in my Samsung Upstage and it worked really well.
karasuhebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
Beer Abuser
Buck extra the worth always is beer good

Mood: Buzzed
Phone: HTC PC36100
My Mood: Buzzed
SU$: 64,513
I believe the market has language plugins you can install - check it out.

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Beer Abuser is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beer Abuser For This Useful Post:
karasuhebi (03-19-2010)
Old 03-19-2010, 03:33 AM   #3
karasuhebi
Telegraph User

Send a message via AIM to karasuhebi Send a message via MSN to karasuhebi Send a message via Yahoo to karasuhebi Send a message via Skype™ to karasuhebi
Alright cool. thanks. ^_^

Has anyone else had this Gmail problem?
Old 03-19-2010, 08:58 AM   #4

SU$: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by karasuhebi View Post
I'm a heavy Gmail user and I have a bunch of filters set up so all my emails get automatically sorted into the corresponding labels. When an email comes in, the filter finds out where it's supposed to go based on some keywords and then it labels it and removes it from the Inbox.

As you can see, that last step is where I'm having a problem. Since all of my new emails skip the inbox and go straight into labels, my phone doesn't notify me about them. Anything I can do about this without having to modify every single one of my filters?

Thanks in advance,
-Karasuhebi

P.S. I sometimes text in Spanish, is there any way to turn on predictive text in some sort of dual language mode? I could do that in my Samsung Upstage and it worked really well.
as far as im aware, no you cant. i too have labels and the same issue.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
karasuhebi
Telegraph User

So what have you done to work around it? Do you just have to remember to go into the Gmail app and check your labels?
Old 03-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #6
CxC
Custom Title!!

Mood: Ninja
Phone: Optimus S
My Mood: Ninja
SU$: 3,776
I don't have a Hero but do get Gmail pushed to my Touch Pro. I have filters set as well, I've noticed that the notifications on my push email only come from those items that arrive on my inbox.

So my solution is to go to gmail settings, edit the filter so that the messages get labeled but DO NOT skip the inbox, they get their respective label but still show up on the inbox, then I manually archive them when needed.

I'm guessing this would work on the Hero as well, but perhaps it might be inconvenient to you so give it a try and see if you like it.
CxC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
karasuhebi
Telegraph User

I know that would work, but that's the thing I mentioned on the first post, I don't want to have to go through the trouble of changing all of my filters. I have A LOT of filters and changing them just for the Hero's sake seems kind of stupid if there could possibly be another solution.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #8

SU$: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by karasuhebi View Post
So what have you done to work around it? Do you just have to remember to go into the Gmail app and check your labels?
pretty much. lol
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Getting notified about new emails in my Gmail labels

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: