Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 01-25-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
lmark500
Telegraph User

SU$: 703
Sprintís HTC HD2-Like Device? Code named HTC Supersonic

Check out the link below. Could this be the phone that saves Sprint? If true, this would be a great phone to advertise during the Super Bowl. Has anyone else read or heard anything about this phone? Code named HTC Supersonic, it has been reported that there will be a 4.3-inch AMOLED screen, 5-megapixel camera, Android 2.1 OS and expected to be released first half 2010. Fact or rumor?

http://www.unthinkable.biz/home/arti...max-clearwire-
lmark500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:00 AM   #2
MURF
Don't Ban Me Again Just Because Ron Paul Is My Hero!!!

Mood: shopping
Phone: Evo,Pre,TP2,9K
Trades: 4
My Mood: shopping
SU$: 6,011
I've done a ton of research on this & the phone is a FACT!!! We will be getting 2 of them for sure in my house!!! When it does come out, it will be the talk of the wireless world!!! The ? NOBODY has an answer to at this time, is when will it be available for purchase, by the regular consumer???? The answer is between March of 2010 & sometime near the Fall of 2010... This is the current best guesstimate. Check out the link below... Oh, by the way it has an FM radio like the soon to be released Touch Diamond 2! Sprint would be VERY SHREWD to bring this to market ASAP!!!!!!! The current concerns lie over the lack of 4G nationwide access... The discussion seems to be a balance between 4G access, hardware readiness, & timing vs. the competition. In my mind, it's a FREAKING NO BRAINER DECISION. Put a reasonable rush on the project & release it ASAP, making sure it is a quality device before releasing it! Whether it's released today or 6 months from now, it will be the best combo of network speed & smartphone specs in the world. PLEASE GET THIS ONE RIGHT SPRINT!!! Pretty please!!! Don't release it before the device is perfected & bulletproof & don't hold it back until your 4G network is more abundant nationally. This phone will make a huge difference for Sprint! To maximize the impact Sprint should create "The Best Android Application Store In The World For The Android OS". If Sprint has the vision to do this & really put the man power & the $ behind the creation of such an APP store, it could really & truly SAVE Sprint!!! WHERE IS YOUR VISION SPRINT??? GO BIG ON THIS ONE OR CLOSE UP SHOP & CALL IT QUITS! THIS IS YOUR BEST SHOT AT A HUGE MOVE FORWARD!!! DO IT!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/25/h...very-very-ugl/
Old 01-29-2010, 02:13 AM   #3
MURF

Click on the HTC SUPERSONIC (Great Name!)

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Spri...ier-c_2_3.html
Old 01-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
PTTech
Telegraph User

Mood: Grumpy
Phone: HTC Hero
My Mood: Grumpy
SU$: 417
Send a message via AIM to PTTech Send a message via MSN to PTTech Send a message via Yahoo to PTTech
I looked it up because I'm planning on getting two probably, one for normal use and the other in case it breaks or to test run apps and programs on it. Basically a guinnea pig for my dumb ideas. But, anyways, as I was saying, I was digging around for more information on the HTC Supersonic and I came across a phone called the HTC Bravo. For those of you who have not had to take a look at the HTC Bravo, the phoneís specs are pretty close to the Nexus One. The Bravo comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250 1GHz processor for delivering fast loading speeds for applications and excellent graphic handling capabilities. The capacitive AMOLED touch screen is 3.7 inches diagonally and has a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels and can handle up to 16 million colors. The phone also comes with a 5 mega pixel camera with auto focus, LED flash, and video recording in 720p HD. Anyway, the Mobile World Congress is coming up this February 15 in Barcelona, Spain and many mobile phone enthusiasts are expecting to see the Bravo to get its formal announcement. The device is expected to be released by March or April of this year, placing it in a prime position to compete with the other Snapdragon Android phone, the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10.

This phone looks similar to the HTC HD2/HTC Supersonic. I don't know too much about it since I'm more interested in the Supersonic however it is similar to the HD2 so I figured I'd put it out there. The above specs of the Bravo I have pulled and rearranged a little bit so that I could state the more important specs without posting the whole article. The original article with a picture is here: http://www.mobileblog.mobile-deals-c...droid-2.1.html
Old 01-31-2010, 06:27 AM   #5
emike2k3
Smart Phone Addict

Phone: iPhone 4
SU$: 1,150
From what I've been reading the Bravo is an upgraded Hero (more memory, faster processor, higher resolution screen, optical track pad vs ball) and will ship with EVDO Rev A where the Supersonic is essentially an Android version of the HD2 with an AMOLED screen, Android 2.1 with SenseUI overlay as well as a 4G WiMax radio.

http://mikepas.org
emike2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:38 AM   #6
VibrantRedGT
Your Average Joe

Phone: iPhone4
Trades: 10
SU$: 15,817
There isn't a device that people have waited in line for ever on Sprint. Will this device save Sprint? No, having the first coolest device to the market first isn't their bag. The reason why they are even 3rd is their plan pricing and service area.

Its a cool unit and I will try it out just like every device I've tried before. Currently Android 1.5 is pretty dull. Didn't like the laggy Hero or horrid battery life Samsung Moment.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero->Samsung Moment->Touch Pro WM6.5.5 ENERGY ROM
VibrantRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:30 AM   #7
DanDroid
{{{D R O I D}}}

Mood: Cool
Phone: SGE4GT
Trades: 2
My Mood: Cool
SU$: 3,008
Wow this device is a beast!
DanDroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #8
mackaikai
Telegraph User

SU$: 232
HTC HD2 is huge (very wide for my normal size hand), but the screen resolution is AWESONE....

SUPERSONIC is gonna be so nice, umm....Supersonic vs. Nexus one vs. iPhone on Sprint...what should I get next?
mackaikai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mackaikai For This Useful Post:
styepid (02-01-2010)
Old 02-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #9
ASM
Telephone User

Phone: Nexus S 4G
SU$: 4,195
I can't wait for MWC so that we can get more info on this Supersonic. There's a lot of conflicting info out there on the Supersonic so MWC will hopefully clear this up. I'm still on the HD2 bandwagon.
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:32 AM   #10
deebrown
Blackberry Addict!! www.Twitter.com/DeeBrownMan

Phone: HTC EVO
SU$: 2,721
Send a message via AIM to deebrown Send a message via MSN to deebrown Send a message via Yahoo to deebrown
Awesome phone!! I will leave my blackberry for this!
deebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:34 AM   #11
BerryChic
another word 4 thesaurus?

Mood: Amused
Phone: hTC EVO
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 31,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by deebrown View Post
Awesome phone!! I will leave my blackberry for this!
Yeah, me thinks the same thing

BerryChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:24 AM   #12
MURF

As soon as someone gets info on a release date please post it in the thread. I would wait in line for this phone! Would You?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #13
YPG
You down with YPG?

Mood: onvacation
Phone: M1 for life!
Trades: 13
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 38,909
I am interested in this device.
YPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #14
dasanyokid
Telephone User

Mood: Breezy
Phone: EvO 4g
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 562
info. on this device is not comming out fast enough lol i cant wait im n need of a new phone so bad.
dasanyokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #15
MURF

I Have Confidence In The Build Quality Due To It's Similiar Lineage To Other Like HTC Models. The Specs Are Great And It's The FIRST WiMax Cell Phone. Which Begs The Inevitable ?. Is Sprint Going To Screw This Up By Forcing Users Of This Phone Onto A New Yet To Be Released WiMax Data / Cell Plan? OMG I Hope Not!
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Sprintís HTC HD2-Like Device? Code named HTC Supersonic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: