Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
daddypoe
Telegraph User

SU$: 733
Can I unblock private numbers?

I have a Blackberry Tour and have been getting blown up by private numbers. This just started so I don't have a clue. I did a search but didn't find what I was looking for. Thanks.
daddypoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 128,899
Sprint does not offer a "private number" blocking service. I have heard that their are services that will route the call thru an 800 number to get the true ID info, but I dont know much about them.

The short answer is no.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #3
daddypoe
Telegraph User

SU$: 733
Thanks. I have a program to either send the number straight to voicemail or just pick up and hang up but the problem is I use my phone as a work phone as well and some of my clients actually have private numbers.
daddypoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:13 PM   #4
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 128,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddypoe View Post
Thanks. I have a program to either send the number straight to voicemail or just pick up and hang up but the problem is I use my phone as a work phone as well and some of my clients actually have private numbers.
Yeah that can be annoying. The best thing I can suggest is getting a google voice number and having the caller announce their name. Then you know if the incoming call is a client or just some person calling you from a blocked number trying to solicit you.

The thing is, you would have to ask your customers to please call your "new office number" that will route them to your cell if your out of the office. Not sure if its an option for you, but at least it allows you to answer those blocked calls while still avoiding those that are unwanted.

voice.google.com to request an invite. Or, sometimes people on here will give them away if they have extras.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: