Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

View Poll Results: Do you love Sprint?
Yes. It might be a pain in the ass but eventually they do the right thing. 30 96.77%
No. I would much rather pay a lot more for everything than put up with their customer support. 1 3.23%
I donno I am still stuck in my contract at AT&T. HELP!! 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
Thanatos
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Sprint Touch Pr
SU$: 95
Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos
Just upgraded to a TP2 for free with Advanced Exchange

Just got off the phone with Sprint Retentions minutes ago and I have the confirmation email in my inbox:

Code:
Dear Valued Sprint Customer:

We would like to thank you for your recent Phone Replacement Order, and apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your phone. Below is a summary of your transaction and key questions/reminders regarding your Phone Replacement Order.

Once your order is complete and ready to ship, we will notify you with tracking information.
Order Summary:
Phone Replacement Order Number:	 AJ*****
Wireless Phone Number:	 (209) 423-****

NOTE: Please keep this Order Number for your records, as it will be needed in the event you wish to check the status of your order during the return process.

Defective Phone Information:
Model Name:	 UTStarcom Touch Pro
Serial Number:	 A1000007*****A

Replacement Phone Information:
Model Name:	 HTC Touch Pro2

NOTE: Replacement equipment may be the same or a comparable model with similar features as your original device per Sprint’s discretion. Replacements have been inspected, remanufactured and tested to meet or exceed Sprint quality standards. Batteries and chargers are only provided when the replacement device is not compatible. You may keep your original device until the replacement arrives. To protect your privacy, all content will be cleared from your device upon return.
How long will it take to receive my replacement?

Replacement orders are shipped via UPS Standard Overnight. Please allow 2 - 3 business days for arrival of your Phone Replacement shipment. Inventory levels and holidays could delay this estimated arrival time.
How do I track my order?

To track the status of your shipment, reprint a return label or to reference the Contact Us/FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) guide, please visit www.sprint.com/phonereplacementtracking. Information will be updated to the website within 48 hours of your order submission.
How much will it cost?

When enrolled in Total Equipment Protection (TEP):
$0 for normal wear and tear and out-of-warranty mechanical and electrical failure.

When not enrolled in Total Equipment Protection (TEP):
$99 or $119 depending on device model for wear and tear, physical damage and mechanical or electrical failures not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.

For device issues covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, there is no charge. The manufacturer’s warranty covers mechanical and electrical failures within 1 year from original activation date.
Return Instructions: 

As a friendly reminder, please be sure to return your defective phone to us using the return label/envelope provided within 15 days to avoid a non-refundable charge to your Sprint account of $50 - $200, depending on the phone model. 

Note: In addition to the charges above, Sprint reserves the right to charge an additional fee of $75-$125 for phones that are found to either be damaged beyond repair or exhibit no sign of defect.
Will my phonebook and content be transferred to the replacement device?

Before activating and returning your defective device, we encourage you to follow the instructions provided in your shipment. In select cases there may be device limitations that prevent phonebooks and information from being transferred to the replacement device. We encourage you to:
upload pictures from your defective device to Sprint.com prior to activating your replacement
download any non-standard applications from their original source upon activation of your replacement device
keep a back-up copy of your phonebook and content to ensure retention

For assistance with transferring your phonebook/content, please utilize one of the below options:
Sprint Phone Repair Center: Find the nearest center at www.sprint.com/storelocator.
Wireless Backup: Back up your contacts at https://wirelessbackup.sprint.com.
Note: In order to use this feature, you will need to purchase a $2 monthly subscription from your Sprint phone by selecting Wireless Backup in your Settings and then Subscribe. Not all phones are compatible with this tool.
PDA/Smart Device Users: Sync your device to your PC to ensure all contact information is saved prior to returning your defective phone.
Remove SIM/SD Cards: Replacement shipments do not include a Nextel SIM card, International SIM card or a replacement Micro SD memory card. Please remove these items from your original phone (if applicable). Any Micro SD, SIM or media content left in the device will be irretrievable.
Additional Questions:

For additional assistance with your phone repair and/or warranty needs, please visit one of our 1,400 convenient Sprint Phone Repair Centers. To find a complete list of Repair Centers near you, go to www.Sprint.com/storelocator. Not all Sprint stores are authorized to provide service or repair for device issues.

Thank you, 
Sprint Device Support

Please note that this message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Anyways, just thought I would share - I know there are a couple of you guys in my boat that paid full price for the TP and hate it - either just sucking it up like I did for months or, like I eventually did, tried replacing it to no avail. I was genuinely pissed when I went to do (yet another) advanced exchange last night and he offered me the pixie and the htc snap (and some other equally worthless devices). So for those of you in my situation: you can call today and see if they tell you what retentions told me (that they really did just get some more in stock at the repair center - in which case please post) and if they don't, you might try arguing with customer support for a couple hours untill you get escalated. Worth it!

I'll let you guys know Tuesday if it is new or refurb (Mr. Escelations said to expect a refurb but it is a new phone so, I'm hopeful.
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thanatos For This Useful Post:
rjijon06 (01-18-2010)
Old 01-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
Remember, some are going to their repair store and getting the run around on replacements, and are past the number of "advanced exchange" devices they can do over the phone.

Its all luck of the draw / what repair store you go to.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:31 AM   #3
KB112
sIgh-Phone

Mood: Breezy
Phone: iPhone 7 Plus
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 22,277
Yeah I was stuck on the phone for about an hr, then went to a store and then back on the phone for over an hour. I got a BNIB TP2 from retentions for free. So they did more than the right thing for me and I was very happy in the end. Still got my TP1 sitting here too. Sometimes you just luck out I guess.
KB112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:29 AM   #4
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB112 View Post
Yeah I was stuck on the phone for about an hr, then went to a store and then back on the phone for over an hour. I got a BNIB TP2 from retentions for free. So they did more than the right thing for me and I was very happy in the end. Still got my TP1 sitting here too. Sometimes you just luck out I guess.
I was offered a BNIB TP2 from tech support, but only if they used my upgrade and renewed my agreement for 2 more years. Considering I have been OOC for 4 years now, I didnt see the benefit of renewing just to correct their mistake.

I got one from the repair store with no issues, Ordered one day and in the next. They kept the defective TP (1) which was fine, because it didn't work right and was useless to me
Old 01-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #5
KB112
sIgh-Phone

Mood: Breezy
Phone: iPhone 7 Plus
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 22,277
No contract renewal and they actually didn't use my $150 upgrade like I thought they did. So it worked out awesome. My old TP was a replacement and started to act buggy. More so slow than anything else. I did a hard reset and it seems fine now. I may activate it for my wife or sell it.

I was thinking I could have her use it and if it got funky in a few months have it replaced for a different handset that they offer for the TP. She likes her Centro, but when I was gonna replace my TP originally they offered a Pre and Treo Pro. I think she'd dig one of those.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	150upgrade.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	39401  
KB112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:00 AM   #6
osme02
Telegraph User

Phone: PM-8200
SU$: 505
I also got a new TP2 for my 11 month old TP1 from retentions on 1/14/10 (no contract renewal). I activated via internet to my old F&F plan. I have to say I dont think it that great of an improvement on anything but the screen.

My Plan: $50 for 4 lines 1000 Shared Mins (6PM, Unlimited Internet, Unlimited Text on every line)
osme02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:10 AM   #7
rjijon06
Telephone User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
SU$: 2,146
same here i just replaced my touch pro to a touch pro 2 with advanced exchange i tried that about a month ago when i was having problems with my touch pro screen. This time it was the keyboard, it was way to easy to exchange it to the pro 2 compare to other times i have tried and been denied.
of course it require me to call sprint first.. then go to the store and then call sprint .. i spend most of the morning doing it but it is very worth it! the rep told me that it is a refurb phone.. but will see i hope it arrives tomorrow.. or maybe not cause today is a "holiday"
rjijon06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:02 PM   #8
chilidogtampa
Ericas daddy

Phone: TouchPRO2!!!
Trades: 4
SU$: 15,271
is it common for them to say "it may be a refurb" when swapping models? because ive heard the 'furbs come in w/o battery and acc., so if I actually DO get a refurb I might have to source a battery... or is it just a CYA and really a NIB is goiing out? (fingers crossed)..
chilidogtampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #9
rjijon06
Telephone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogtampa View Post
is it common for them to say "it may be a refurb" when swapping models? because ive heard the 'furbs come in w/o battery and acc., so if I actually DO get a refurb I might have to source a battery... or is it just a CYA and really a NIB is goiing out? (fingers crossed)..
yeah thats what they say furbs come w/o battery and charger.. but im pretty sure that is does not come with the battery and charger i can get one for free in the sprint store they have a bunch lol
Old 01-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #10
Dan
Forever my Angel

If you get a model change, they will give you a battery, etc. When I picked up my replacement TP2 today, it was a NIB phone. Thursday my Sprint sore had one refurb TP2 in stock, which I got, and it had electrical issues.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #11
lgmayka
Digital PCS User

Phone: HTC Evo Shift4G
SU$: 22,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
If you get a model change, they will give you a battery, etc.
Battery, yes. "Etc.", no.

My Touch Pro was replaced with a Touch Pro 2 last week. The refurb TP2 came with its own battery, but nothing else. No charger, no microSD card, no SIM card, no screen protector, no documentation.
lgmayka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:02 AM   #12
rjijon06
Telephone User

im looking at the order summary and im confuse now i dont know if they sent me a touch pro or the touch pro 2

Order Summary & Shipment Status
Wireless Phone Number: (832)6*9-****
Shipping Address:
City/State/Postal: HOUSTON,TX *****

Order Number: A***08
Order Date: 1/18/2010
Order Status: Order Shipped.
Return Status: Order Shipped.
Last Update: 1/19/2010

Replacement Phone Model
Expected Phone Model HTC TOUCH PRO
Return Phone Model

it says that expected phone model is an htc touch pro does that mean that i should expect a touch pro?

******* just spoke with a sprint representative and he said that is a touch pro 2 he also gave me a tracking number.. it only weights .80 lb so i think its a refurb

Last edited by rjijon06; 01-19-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:04 AM   #13
rjijon06
Telephone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
Battery, yes. "Etc.", no.

My Touch Pro was replaced with a Touch Pro 2 last week. The refurb TP2 came with its own battery, but nothing else. No charger, no microSD card, no SIM card, no screen protector, no documentation.
that sucks no sim card.. no micro sd card? no problem i just want my touch pro 2 please
Old 01-19-2010, 12:46 PM   #14
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjijon06 View Post
that sucks no sim card.. no micro sd card? no problem i just want my touch pro 2 please
It is unlikely you will get a SIM card with a refurb, but I believe Sprint will send you one if you ask. The TP2 didnt come with a Micro SD card, nor a case for it. The case from the mogul fits it though, and you can often find one on ebay for just a few bucks.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #15
lgmayka
Digital PCS User

Phone: HTC Evo Shift4G
SU$: 22,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
It is unlikely you will get a SIM card with a refurb, but I believe Sprint will send you one if you ask.
Yes, I called International Support at 888-226-7212, and they agreed to send one out. It costs $16, but they promised to credit my account for that amount.
lgmayka is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Total Equipment Protection > Just upgraded to a TP2 for free with Advanced Exchange

Tags
advanced exchange, retentions, touch pro, touch pro 2, upgrade

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: