Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
Chaching
Telegraph User

SU$: 164
Best Place to Renew My 2yr contract?

So the time has come to upgrade and move on from my Palm Centro now that my 2yr contract is over.

What I want to know is Why is it that if I try to renew my contract online at Best Buy or at radio shack, It shows new and different family plans as if the plan I have now doesn't work or as If I were a new customer? Cant I just keep the plan I am at now and upgrade phones with 2 yr contract?

I dont want to lose my unlimited $10 data plan.

I was looking into the snap.

Thanks guys.
Chaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:49 AM   #2
u2rock
Telegraph User

Phone: TP2
SU$: 145
Is your $10 unlimited data plan has 3G or 2G coverage?. New phones won't work properly if you still are one 2G (Unlimited Sprint data plan). You need "power" vision plan for 3G.
unlimited night and weekend starting @ 7pm/line $0
Sprint unlimited Vision pack (only on 1 line) $2.50
BIS on second line
Total bill $47 after company discount and taxes
TP2 & Curve 9630.
u2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
Chaching
Telegraph User

What I have is called "Sprint Unlimited Vision Pack". Got it 4 years ago with a samsung phone and then used it fine one my centro last year.

Last edited by Chaching; 11-18-2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: correction
Old 11-18-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
u2rock
Telegraph User

Phone: TP2
SU$: 145
I found out today that even if your plan isn't 3G but your new phone will still get 3G network. Its automatic eg TP 2 will get 3G network. You can certainly upgrade your phone with 2 yrs contract. I know EDP family plans charge way too much. I wish if they can cut few add-ons and anytime minutes to 500-1000 minutes and price to $100. Keeping old plan, you are limited to 3-4 phones only.
unlimited night and weekend starting @ 7pm/line $0
Sprint unlimited Vision pack (only on 1 line) $2.50
BIS on second line
Total bill $47 after company discount and taxes
TP2 & Curve 9630.
u2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
Chaching
Telegraph User

Thanks man, So just to be clear. I can walk to my best buy, upgrade my 2 lines ,(both are now eligible for a new 2 year contract) get the htc snap for the first and the Sanyo SCP-2700 Blue for the second line without changing my plan at all?
Old 11-22-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
Maximaboy1
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro 2
SU$: 2,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaching View Post
Thanks man, So just to be clear. I can walk to my best buy, upgrade my 2 lines ,(both are now eligible for a new 2 year contract) get the htc snap for the first and the Sanyo SCP-2700 Blue for the second line without changing my plan at all?

I want to know other's opinions about the answer to this question too...However, based on the feedback I have gotten from members about the same question (I have this dilemma also), I have heard you would be able to do it. Except, I have also heard from others that you cannot do this since a smartphone now requires a $30 dollar pro-pack add on as opposed to the $7.50 sprint data pack add on (regularly $15/month)..I'm looking to get the Samsung Intrepid but no one except Sprint seems to have it or I'd be willing to get the Snap but only RS has it...and I am not familiar with how they work.

Maybe someone else can chime in?
Maximaboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:47 PM   #7
boomhower
Digital PCS User

Mood: Yeehaw
Phone: 4S ordered
Trades: 5
My Mood: Yeehaw
SU$: 31,956
You may run into an issue if you go to Best Buy. To get the rebate you have to have a $30 data plan. Since BB is giving you the rebate up front they are going to make sure that they are going to get paid, so you may not get the cheap AR price.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:31 PM   #8
Chaching
Telegraph User

Why do I have to upgrade my data plan (Sprint Unlimited Vision Pack=$10) when it is basically the same. The only difference between my unlimited vision pack and "pro pack" is sprint navigation and unlimited texting rather than the set amount I'm paying for monthly. then there is a "Data Pack" that is exactly the same except its $15.

This is a load of crud, if they don't get u one way they get you another and play it off like you won.

Last edited by Chaching; 11-22-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:07 PM   #9
Maximaboy1
Walkie Talkie User

Since I'm in the same dilemma I guess I would suggest to contact e-care and telesales to see if they can help you in any way. I'm going to be off-contract two months after my renewal date comes (like most people here) so I think that's a good way to negotiate.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #10
Chaching
Telegraph User

Well I talked to a sprint rep through the computer chat thing they have and yeah he told me my plan would remain the exactly the same if I get the snap. This applies only to the snap though as pretty much every other smart phone requires a full 30 dollar data plan or a change in plans.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #11
Maximaboy1
Walkie Talkie User

I don't think the issue though is keeping the plan the same. For me personally, the issue is getting the $100 MIR.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:56 AM   #12
Armand0
Telephone User

SU$: 2,111
the best place to RENEW your contract is customer care .

Im a rep from spanish cust care so i know how this works... just call to cust care and ask for offers of contract renewal..

you may get:
* 1 month for free, *10% discount per 2 years.. or *one time discount of $50 or $70 dls...

(When a representative opens your acct... the rep can see the offers that are available in the acct, so dont get mad if no offers are available. We only offer what sprint give us to offer you as a cust.)

With this you will get a discount for your bill and a discount for a device....(This process does not affect your Upgrade discount, beacuse this discount is not related to the contract, the discoUnt is related with the LAST TIME YOU RECEIVED A DISCOUNT FOR A DEVICE*).

Just be sure to renew the contract first, becuase if you make the upgrade the contract will be renewed and the offers will also disapear from your acct.
Armand0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #13
Maximaboy1
Walkie Talkie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand0 View Post
the best place to RENEW your contract is customer care .

Im a rep from spanish cust care so i know how this works... just call to cust care and ask for offers of contract renewal..

you may get:
* 1 month for free, *10% discount per 2 years.. or *one time discount of $50 or $70 dls...

(When a representative opens your acct... the rep can see the offers that are available in the acct, so dont get mad if no offers are available. We only offer what sprint give us to offer you as a cust.)

With this you will get a discount for your bill and a discount for a device....(This process does not affect your Upgrade discount, beacuse this discount is not related to the contract, the discoUnt is related with the LAST TIME YOU RECEIVED A DISCOUNT FOR A DEVICE*).

Just be sure to renew the contract first, becuase if you make the upgrade the contract will be renewed and the offers will also disapear from your acct.
Out of curiosity, we were talking about phone upgrades..so Armando, are you saying we should first dial *2 to talk to a rep about renewing your contract and getting a discount of some sort and THEN upgrading your phone? I assume we shouldn't do this all in one call...I'm a little bit confused haha, I say that because my contract doesn't expire until March, but I am eligible for upgrade in January.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:30 PM   #14
Chaching
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximaboy1 View Post
Out of curiosity, we were talking about phone upgrades..so Armando, are you saying we should first dial *2 to talk to a rep about renewing your contract and getting a discount of some sort and THEN upgrading your phone? I assume we shouldn't do this all in one call...I'm a little bit confused haha, I say that because my contract doesn't expire until March, but I am eligible for upgrade in January.
I'm confused too now. Wont renewing your contract first of getting some sort of discount cancel the low upgrading price of phones from best buy for example?
Old 11-24-2009, 07:05 PM   #15
mrbhappy
Two Cans & String User

Phone: sph-a680
SU$: 132
Get credit then upgrade

Yes, the correct order is to call *2 and ask them about the credit for renewing your contract. You should get $70 per line that you renew. I haggled and got $80 for my two lines. If you don't get someone that knows what your talking about hang up and call back - someone will. I was told this does not affect your upgrade credit, but you can't upgrade first and then call to get the credit for renewing the service.

Also, I am wanting to get the Samsung Intrepid but have to have the Pro Pack because of old Free and Clear Plan with Power Vision Data. I pay $15 for data right now and am trying to get someone that will give me the Pro Pack for same price. Any suggestions???
mrbhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Best Place to Renew My 2yr contract?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: