Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 10-13-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
dereileak
Computer Geek

Phone: Hero
SU$: 1,052
Send a message via MSN to dereileak Send a message via Skype™ to dereileak
Talking For those with 100% Awake time [FIX]

Helly everybody, I love my htc, and I found the cure to the 100% awake time. I tested each app out myself, and checked the usage and it happens to be voicemail. Well what do you do from here, well it seems sprint has already fixed the issue, you just need to open the voicemail app, and go to setting, then download the new update, that fixes it so the phone doesnt stay awake non stop, before I dled that update my phone was at 100%, not good, but after I sit at around 18%, which is correct for my usage today. So hop on in the app, and fix your problem, It doent make the battery life a whole new world, but instead of being at 20% at the end of the day, I hit around 45%, so it does help. Also get a task killer, and kill those pesky non used tasks :P

Peace,
Derek
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dereileak For This Useful Post:
ejqr5 (10-16-2009), Fat Tony (10-13-2009), gigabit (10-14-2009)
Old 10-13-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
JWFOS22
Telephone User

Phone: Sprint HTC Hero
SU$: 968
I updated my VM yesterday and I'm still at 100%. My voicemail version is:
vn.5.0.0.32

Last edited by JWFOS22; 10-13-2009 at 08:14 PM.
JWFOS22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
dereileak
Computer Geek

have you restarted since then? get advanced task killer, and kill all apps, do a restart and go right to settings to the awake time, hit the red power button to turn screen off, then wait about a minute, and turn back on to see if its fixed, if not then im not sure, that is what fixed mine
Old 10-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
JWFOS22
Telephone User

I have AdvanceTaskkiller do I need to kill VoiceMail first. Also are you killing all your apps cause I have calender,clock,mail,messages,settings & voice mail not checked.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #5
dereileak
Computer Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWFOS22 View Post
I have AdvanceTaskkiller do I need to kill VoiceMail first. Also are you killing all your apps cause I have calender,clock,mail,messages,settings & voice mail not checked.
I leave email, and messages on, one thing I did do, is I completly reset my phone, cause my wifi stopped working, after backing up my contacts of course, then I did the VM update, and it seemed fine after that, I have a crap load of apps on there, and it still goes to sleep, I do not know what may be causing yours, VM seemed like it was the big prob for me
The Following User Says Thank You to dereileak For This Useful Post:
JWFOS22 (10-13-2009)
Old 10-13-2009, 08:26 PM   #6
JWFOS22
Telephone User

We'll figure it out. I'll keep hashing it out over here and you do the same maybe we'll help somebody else out, But can you check your VM version for me.So you kill everything else? Thanks
Old 10-13-2009, 08:27 PM   #7
Kyp
Telegraph User

SU$: 254
I know this sounds stupid but how do you reset you phone incase i ever mess something up and need to do that.

Also what does resetting it clear? Can you redownload the apps you've bought. The phone itself is still registered to the sprint account right, i wouldn't have to call/go to sprint to get it working right.
Kyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:27 PM   #8
mobilehavoc
Telephone User

SU$: 1,329
It's the Dialer. Download and run Spare Parts. Go to Battery Activity, Partial Wakelock. You'll almost definitely see Dialer keeping your phone awake all the time. It'll be ok for a little while after a reboot but then it'll happen. Trust me. I think it's a bug with 1.5.
mobilehavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:30 PM   #9
JWFOS22
Telephone User

Mobilehavoc, The dialer is causing this? Damn my phone has not been to sleep it's been lock in at 100%. So what does Spare Parts do?
Old 10-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #10
mcantu
Telegraph User

Phone: Nexus S 4G
SU$: 389
for those with this problem, does pressing the [end]/[power off] button not turn off the screen?
mcantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #11
dereileak
Computer Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyp View Post
I know this sounds stupid but how do you reset you phone incase i ever mess something up and need to do that.

Also what does resetting it clear? Can you redownload the apps you've bought. The phone itself is still registered to the sprint account right, i wouldn't have to call/go to sprint to get it working right.
Factory reset is located under security settings, it resets everything as if you just bought it, the only thing that stays the same is the phone number attached to it, so only do it if needed, and back up your contacts, apps can be redownloaded so that is not a problem, you just have to go and find them agian, it will at first show you the ones you had before, but then if you hit one wrong button that screen goes away, dialer also looks to be an issue with the phone staying on, its one of my top uses, I love the phone to death, but how did they manage to get 15 days on standby with it during tests? ha ha, it will be fixed eventually with donut 1.6, but we have no clue when it will come out for the hero, my VM version is VN.5.0.0.32, list yours if different
Old 10-13-2009, 10:10 PM   #12
sleepyEDB
Telegraph User

Mood: Sleepy
My Mood: Sleepy
SU$: 316
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
It's the Dialer. Download and run Spare Parts. Go to Battery Activity, Partial Wakelock. You'll almost definitely see Dialer keeping your phone awake all the time. It'll be ok for a little while after a reboot but then it'll happen. Trust me. I think it's a bug with 1.5.
This appears to be correct, at least for me. My awake time is 93% and the blue bar representing my Dialer in Spare Parts is almost completely full.

Nice find, mobilehavoc! Now, how to fix it...

sleepy

"The road of life is rocky and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley
sleepyEDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:41 PM   #13
JWFOS22
Telephone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyEDB View Post
This appears to be correct, at least for me. My awake time is 93% and the blue bar representing my Dialer in Spare Parts is almost completely full.

Nice find, mobilehavoc! Now, how to fix it...

sleepy
My Question exactly
Old 10-13-2009, 11:41 PM   #14
mobilehavoc
Telephone User

SU$: 1,329
I think we just need to make sure Sprint/HTC know about this so they can fix it in a software release. My Dialer starts keeping the phone awake even wihtout receiving or placing calls. Seems to be related to text messages too for some reason.
mobilehavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #15
sleepyEDB
Telegraph User

Mood: Sleepy
My Mood: Sleepy
SU$: 316
Just an update...

Before going to sleep last night I rebooted my phone and then immediately hit the power button to put the phone to sleep. After being off for 8 hours I turned it on, did just a couple things and then checked the wake time. It was down to about 12%. So, maybe this means I'm not having as much of a problem with wake time as I originally thought. It could be that my high wake time percentage was due more to my playing with the phone all the time and using it to stream Pandora even when the screen is off. Even so, my Dialer is still far and away on top of the list when I check Partial Wake in Spare Parts, no matter if I sort the list since 'last boot', 'last unplugged', or 'total'. The next closest thing in the list is Android OS, and it's barely a sliver of blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
I think we just need to make sure Sprint/HTC know about this so they can fix it in a software release.
I think they already have, and it's called Donut. The real question is, when do we get it?

sleepy

"The road of life is rocky and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley
sleepyEDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > For those with 100% Awake time [FIX]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: