Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 4.90 average. Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
VDubb
The Guru

Mood: Amused
Phone: iPhone 5
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 36,458
Official HTC Snap Discussion Thread

I am getting my Snap later today through mail, but has anyone else received theirs yet and/or have any impressions?

- VDubb
Old 06-19-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
htrony
Telegraph User

Phone: iPhone 4s
SU$: 886
You ordered it online? If you don't mind me asking, where did you order it from?
htrony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
VDubb
The Guru

^^^ I ordered it through Business Care.

All right! I used the Snap for a few hours, so here is a quick impression...best WM Standard phone Sprint has ever launched. This baby is fast! I'm liking the HTC theme, very efficient for navigating through messages, emails, voicemail/phone calls, etc. I have yet to experience any hang-ups, slow downs, or freezing whatsoever (which is the first time I EVER said that about a Windows Mobile device, even after using it only for a few hours). I am also loving "Inner Circle" through my corporate email. This feature alone makes the phone worth it. Being able to easily navigate to the messages that matter the most right at the push of a button.

The only downsides about this phone so far is the keyboard, which definitely will take some time to get use to (I find myself missing keys every now and then, especially that "A" key) and the feel of the phone. The phone has a cheap, plastic feel to it.

I would definitely recommend this phone. It's a very powerful WM device and does what it's suppose to do very well! Coming from a Diamond, this was definitely worth the switch. I was getting sick of the unreliability and under performance (not to mention crappy soft-keyboards) of Windows Mobile Professional.

- VDubb
VDubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #4
kagee108
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC EVO
SU$: 768
I am considering this... how reliable is HTC product? I see a lot of complaints.
Will the let you get away with just a messaging plan?
kagee108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:58 PM   #5
VDubb
The Guru

HTC is normally reliable hardware-wise. You should be able to activate this on a messaging plan (though a rep, technically, doesn't have to); however, you'll lose out on the MIR if you don't have a data plan of at least $25 or an Everything Data plan.

- VDubb
Old 06-19-2009, 10:09 PM   #6
wboo
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Intrepid
SU$: 2,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDubb View Post
HTC is normally reliable hardware-wise. You should be able to activate this on a messaging plan (though a rep, technically, doesn't have to); however, you'll lose out on the MIR if you don't have a data plan of at least $25 or an Everything Data plan.

- VDubb
How many contacts can you put in this phone, best buy site say 200 contact limit. Is this true?
wboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:02 PM   #7
VDubb
The Guru

Haven't pushed that limit (only 117 on the Snap, iPhone 3G S has 208); however, I would assume you should be able to get up into the thounsands. That phone has more than enough memory and I never seen such a limitation on any smartphone (well, non-Palm since I don't give crap about any Palm products) in the last few years.

- VDubb
Old 06-19-2009, 11:20 PM   #8
wboo
Cordless Phone User

I think I am going to cop this phone soon, I am selling off my rant so I can finally upgrade to a smart phone. Are there any accessories available for the phone yet? I think a silicone cover will get rid of the cheap feel.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:29 PM   #9
VDubb
The Guru

I ordered a case of Amazon for about $7. All I could find for now.

- VDubb
Old 06-19-2009, 11:33 PM   #10
wboo
Cordless Phone User

Quote:
I ordered a case of Amazon for about $7. All I could find for now.

- VDubb
What did you find?
Old 06-20-2009, 07:41 AM   #11
VDubb
The Guru

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Snap-Black...501629&sr=8-12

- VDubb
Old 06-20-2009, 08:38 AM   #12
YPG
You down with YPG?

Mood: onvacation
Phone: M1 for life!
Trades: 13
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 42,357
It says the case is unavailable.
YPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #13
wboo
Cordless Phone User

Quote:
^^^ I ordered it through Business Care.

All right! I used the Snap for a few hours, so here is a quick impression...best WM Standard phone Sprint has ever launched. This baby is fast! I'm liking the HTC theme, very efficient for navigating through messages, emails, voicemail/phone calls, etc. I have yet to experience any hang-ups, slow downs, or freezing whatsoever (which is the first time I EVER said that about a Windows Mobile device, even after using it only for a few hours). I am also loving "Inner Circle" through my corporate email. This feature alone makes the phone worth it. Being able to easily navigate to the messages that matter the most right at the push of a button.

The only downsides about this phone so far is the keyboard, which definitely will take some time to get use to (I find myself missing keys every now and then, especially that "A" key) and the feel of the phone. The phone has a cheap, plastic feel to it.

I would definitely recommend this phone. It's a very powerful WM device and does what it's suppose to do very well! Coming from a Diamond, this was definitely worth the switch. I was getting sick of the unreliability and under performance (not to mention crappy soft-keyboards) of Windows Mobile Professional.

- VDubb
Hey Vdubb whats the # to business care?
Old 06-20-2009, 12:12 PM   #14
kagee108
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC EVO
SU$: 768
What is it with SPRINT that they take out the Wi-Fi?

I looked at the phone at Radio Shack... They wanted $169 with a renewal.
I'll wait and see what Sprint does.
kagee108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:59 PM   #15
htrony
Telegraph User

Phone: iPhone 4s
SU$: 886
I played with the device earlier today for just a few minutes. The phone itself doesn't feel "cheap" to me at all as others have complained, BUT the keyboard did seem to be a little flimsy. I have used the T-mobile Dash and Samsung Ace extensively, but for some reason, I had high hopes for the keyboard of this HTC device . I found myself hitting keys to the left and right for the actual key I wanted to press, and I also found myself have the same letter "A" problem as mentioned earlier in this thread. It seems to me that the keyboard will take time to adjust to, but over over time, the snap's buttons should have more usability than the narrow, hard keys of the Samsung Ace.
htrony is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > Windows Mobile (6.x and earlier) > Official HTC Snap Discussion Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: