Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #1501
bigchico68
Crop Circle User

Mood: Inspired
Phone: iPhone 5
Trades: 1
My Mood: Inspired
SU$: 30,177
Send a message via AIM to bigchico68
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandriteJune View Post
I just recieved my replacement phone and its broken again. Im currently on my 4th TP. Do I qualify for a priority 5 replacment?
If you went to a corporate store with a service center it would be up to the store manager, but most likely I would say yes. If you go to indirect they are going to have to call their SAR and get his approval first.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #1502
ff5751
Two Cans & String User

Phone: BB Tour
SU$: 33
Having multiple issues with BB Tours currently on my second Tour since Nov 09. Numerous dropped calls in various areas. Text messaging and application issues. I've hard reset both phones and have had them to repair centers still with no resolve. The network engineers have looked at the areas where we have had these issues but still no problems found. Not only that everytime I speak with someone at Sprint I seem to get a different story everytime. Prior to the Tour we had TP and prior to that we had Curves all of which we have had various different issues with the each device. Currently I just want some type of resolution to my issues. I'm open to suggestions...Please help I'm very frustrated at this point.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #1503
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 128,899
What is your coverage supposed to be like in those areas? If you are in areas with poor coverage and switching from roaming and back to native sprint often, windows mobile devices sometimes have a problem with the changes and freeze up.

I guess the question is, are you in a poor coverage area and that is why your having dropped calls? Some devices do a better job than others of holding a signal and perhaps your device choices are causing some of the issus you are experiencing.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #1504
poohracing
Telegraph User

SU$: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchico68 View Post
No.
can retentions override and give you more than 5 line on a family plan?

thanks again!
Old 01-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #1505
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohracing View Post
can retentions override and give you more than 5 line on a family plan?

thanks again!
Not really, its a system restriction. Some have claimed a 6th line, but I think those day's are over
Old 01-01-2010, 11:35 PM   #1506
AlphaWolf
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: Nexus 4
SU$: 1,660
What are the requirements to get hired as a tech at a sprint store?

I personally have experience with SMT rework as part of various hardware hack projects (all legal) so I'm no stranger to micro-electronics, not to mention years of experience repairing PC's as well as experience with data recovery, but I don't have any kind of certificates or anything to prove any of it.

The only thing I can kinda prove is that I did some of this while working at Staples but my official title was "Sales Associate" and since all of my old managers no longer work there I can't prove that I did anything beyond sales.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:08 PM   #1507
bigchico68
Crop Circle User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff5751 View Post
Having multiple issues with BB Tours currently on my second Tour since Nov 09. Numerous dropped calls in various areas. Text messaging and application issues. I've hard reset both phones and have had them to repair centers still with no resolve. The network engineers have looked at the areas where we have had these issues but still no problems found. Not only that everytime I speak with someone at Sprint I seem to get a different story everytime. Prior to the Tour we had TP and prior to that we had Curves all of which we have had various different issues with the each device. Currently I just want some type of resolution to my issues. I'm open to suggestions...Please help I'm very frustrated at this point.
Here is my suggestion.... No device is perfect and the more expensive the device the more problems you can have with it. The tour does not have radio issues which is what would cause your calls to drop so if you are having the issue with two devices then you are just in a bad area. If you are having application issues or freezing issues, then your memory on the device is probably low. Delete some text messages, call logs, pic mail, etc... I see that all the time people come in and say their phone is being slow, but yet they have 1400 numbers in the call log and 1200 text messages, etc... What kind of application problems are you having? If they are things you download from blackberry app world, those are third party apps, that sprint does not support. If something is wrong with those apps the only thing you can do is remove it or find out who the software developer is and take it up with them. Please don't take it wrong but honestly 90% of problems with smart phones are user error. Yes of course things happen and devices do malfunction, but generally not two devices back to back with the same issues.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:10 PM   #1508
bigchico68
Crop Circle User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf View Post
What are the requirements to get hired as a tech at a sprint store?

I personally have experience with SMT rework as part of various hardware hack projects (all legal) so I'm no stranger to micro-electronics, not to mention years of experience repairing PC's as well as experience with data recovery, but I don't have any kind of certificates or anything to prove any of it.

The only thing I can kinda prove is that I did some of this while working at Staples but my official title was "Sales Associate" and since all of my old managers no longer work there I can't prove that I did anything beyond sales.
No requirements really, just put in an application, get the interview and do well on it. Get trained and be good.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:07 PM   #1509
kubel
Telegraph User

SU$: 271
bigchico68,

I'm planning on leaving Sprint (no ETF) and going with a Sprint reseller (Liberty). Will I experience issues porting my number to them since I am essentially going from Sprint to Sprint? Once with Liberty, is there a waiting period before I can port my number back to Sprint (or does this vary with carriers)? Will Sprint then consider me a new customer if I come back?
Old 01-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #1510
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubel View Post
bigchico68,

I'm planning on leaving Sprint (no ETF) and going with a Sprint reseller (Liberty). Will I experience issues porting my number to them since I am essentially going from Sprint to Sprint? Once with Liberty, is there a waiting period before I can port my number back to Sprint (or does this vary with carriers)? Will Sprint then consider me a new customer if I come back?
Liberty is a MVNO, so you are porting to another provider technically. You shouldn't experience any porting issues, unless the new provider is not required to. I believe the only providers who arent required to do porting are really small companies.

Check with Liberty and ensure they have a porting dept and they allow porting in and out. As long as they do, Sprint cant refuse a port in or out.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #1511
ccinaz
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Not really, its a system restriction. Some have claimed a 6th line, but I think those day's are over
I have a Everything Data Family 1500 minute plan with 7 (seven) phones on it. Obtained through Account Services in November 2009.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #1512
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccinaz View Post
I have a Everything Data Family 1500 minute plan with 7 (seven) phones on it. Obtained through Account Services in November 2009.
Then you are an exceedingly rare person. The rep who gave it to you either had a very good reason to do so or was running the risk of losing their job.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #1513
stunya
Telegraph User

SU$: 119
This is a repost from a thread i started...may be a better fit here...

Hey all,

First time posting, but been lurking since the SERO deal popped for everyone years ago. At that time i was not lucky enough to get the SERO deal since I was not a new customer. The retentions department built me a family plan for myself and my g/f that was identical to 2 SERO lines and WE GOT TO KEEP OUR NUMBERS!!

Happily for the past 2.5 years we have enjoyed our phones (centro and Q9c). With the new lineup of phones, we were discussing renewing our contract and my g/f's brother (who is now working in a sprint store) mentioned he could use his employee advantage plan for us!

Yesterday he ordered us the phones and upgraded lines and today he got an email saying they were unable to move our numbers. We can get the plan with new numbers, but there is no way to keep our numbers.

My question is, do i go back after retentions and try to have them build me a new plan, or do i just forfeit my number (which i have had for 12 years). It doesnt make any sense why they cant move my number, but im assuming they want the employees to use those advantage plans for new customers only.

Any help would be great.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #1514
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunya View Post
This is a repost from a thread i started...may be a better fit here...

Hey all,

First time posting, but been lurking since the SERO deal popped for everyone years ago. At that time i was not lucky enough to get the SERO deal since I was not a new customer. The retentions department built me a family plan for myself and my g/f that was identical to 2 SERO lines and WE GOT TO KEEP OUR NUMBERS!!

Happily for the past 2.5 years we have enjoyed our phones (centro and Q9c). With the new lineup of phones, we were discussing renewing our contract and my g/f's brother (who is now working in a sprint store) mentioned he could use his employee advantage plan for us!

Yesterday he ordered us the phones and upgraded lines and today he got an email saying they were unable to move our numbers. We can get the plan with new numbers, but there is no way to keep our numbers.

My question is, do i go back after retentions and try to have them build me a new plan, or do i just forfeit my number (which i have had for 12 years). It doesnt make any sense why they cant move my number, but im assuming they want the employees to use those advantage plans for new customers only.

Any help would be great.
Lets keep the discussion in one thread. I think the thread you started would work fine. Here is a link for those who need one:

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=200820
Old 01-04-2010, 03:27 PM   #1515
kicknflip
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchico68 View Post
what kind of phone do you have?
sanyo incognitio
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Sprint Rep/Tech here to help!! Ask Away!!

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: