Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 06-15-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
mattb20034
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Samsung A900
SU$: 37
Trouble calling Sprint phones...

Has anyone else had any trouble calling Sprint phones from a landline? My wife's mother, grandmother and sister have all had trouble calling her phone where they get the message "the number or code you've dialed is incorrect, please check the number or code and try again." It got bad enough that they called me and it went through fine. I haven't experienced the problem until I called one of my co-workers today. Got the same message the first time I called. I then hit "redial" (instead of dialing the number to make sure I dialed the correct one) and it went through fine. This has been happening with my wife's phone for the past 3 months or so. I rarely call my co-worker and this is the first time it has happened. When I called Sprint last week they didn't know what the problem was. Am I the only one experiencing this? Any input would be appreciated...

Matt
mattb20034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 128,899
I have had a glitch in the past with other lines on my account saying that the number was incorrect. A couple minutes later, the calls would go thru as normal though.

Probably just an intermittent glitch. Who is the landline provider, and was the number ported in to sprint?
Old 06-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #3
mattb20034
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Samsung A900
SU$: 37
The landline providers are different - we use Qwest here in Denver. Not sure what her parents use as they are out of state. Her number was ported in. Could that be the problem? We've been talking about getting a local number from Sprint. Would that potentially fix the problem?
mattb20034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Trouble calling Sprint phones...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: