Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.82 average. Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
striker1211
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Mogul
SU$: 84
Sprint Employee Discount Question

This is not about SERO so dont delete please.

I get a currently 21% discount for working at a Kroger store. ( www.sprint.com/kroger ) The economy is getting pretty rough and a walmart is moving in. If the store closed or i was laid off how long would it take to lose my 21% do you think? I would definitely lose it right? Do they check that u work for that company every month for the bill or do they only check like when i signed up?
striker1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:17 AM   #2
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 128,899
They check when you apply for the discount and can check any time they want. Krogers could also contact sprint to let them know who all got laid off if they closed stores, etc.

I'd not worry though, walmart isn't as good as a real grocery store from the "superwalmart" stores I have seen.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:25 AM   #3
Obliark
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Unreleased
SU$: 4,236
Send a message via AIM to Obliark
You keep it if you get laid off; you won't lose it unless you call in to remove it or get a new job and switch to that discount; however the companys discount may go down to lower percentage paced on their commitment with Sprint.
Obliark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
Eyecon82
Account Inactive

Phone: BB Tour 9630
SU$: 19,791
they didnt even check to see where I worked...just took my word

I doubt there is any system to see if if you are still currently and employee of that company. The resources would outweigh the benefits for Sprint
Eyecon82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #5
kalibar
Telephone User

Phone: HTC Glacier
SU$: 2,378
Send a message via AIM to kalibar
Yeah, I have a friend who's still using a discount on his Sprint account for a place that he worked for in high school. He hasn't worked there for 9 years, but it's all the same to Sprint.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:55 AM   #6
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 128,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyecon82 View Post
they didnt even check to see where I worked...just took my word

I doubt there is any system to see if if you are still currently and employee of that company. The resources would outweigh the benefits for Sprint
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalibar View Post
Yeah, I have a friend who's still using a discount on his Sprint account for a place that he worked for in high school. He hasn't worked there for 9 years, but it's all the same to Sprint.
The thing is, they can check. They probably wont ask to pay anything for the discount you weren't entitled to, but they sometimes do check and usually ask for a supervisors name and other info as opposed to just saying "I work for Boeing, can I have the discount please?"
Old 01-04-2009, 04:47 AM   #7
huevosrancheros
Calls Out Fanboys

Phone: AT&T
SU$: 6,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
The thing is, they can check. They probably wont ask to pay anything for the discount you weren't entitled to, but they sometimes do check and usually ask for a supervisors name and other info as opposed to just saying "I work for Boeing, can I have the discount please?"
They may ask you for information such as your supervisor, but I can't imagine it would be for any reason other than to smoke out people who aren't very good at lying on the spot.

If you worked at a company, such as Kroger, as a cashier, who would your immediate supervisor be? The Assistant Manager? I have a hard believing that Sprint has a giant, constantly updated database of every lower, middle, and upper management employee of every single company that they offered corporate discounts to.
huevosrancheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:19 AM   #8
PlatMan
Doin' It AT&T Style on the White Apple iPhone 3GS (32GB)

Phone: iPhone3GS 32GB
SU$: 1,773
Send a message via ICQ to PlatMan Send a message via AIM to PlatMan Send a message via MSN to PlatMan Send a message via Yahoo to PlatMan Send a message via Skype™ to PlatMan
Post Re: Discounts ....

Sprint Modifications Dept. told me you keep your discount unless YOU change it or tell them to do so.

Even if they did check, you wouldn't loose your discount once you have it unless you don't want it any longer.

I still have my 30% rate plan discount and 25% accessory discount that I had when I was on Nextel iDEN. Sprint PCS CDMA discounts are lower then Nextel iDEN's but I still have the higher Nextel discount and will always have it, even though I am on the Sprint side now and not the Nextel side.

Rockin' w/Wht. 32GB Apple iPhone 3G S on at&t
OH 44028 - TN 37738
PlatMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:46 AM   #9
Eyecon82
Account Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
That's what I thought. I was even prepared to fax in a paystub, etc. but the ecare rep didnt even ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by huevosrancheros View Post
They may ask you for information such as your supervisor, but I can't imagine it would be for any reason other than to smoke out people who aren't very good at lying on the spot.

If you worked at a company, such as Kroger, as a cashier, who would your immediate supervisor be? The Assistant Manager? I have a hard believing that Sprint has a giant, constantly updated database of every lower, middle, and upper management employee of every single company that they offered corporate discounts to.
I also agree....you would probably need a staff of 20 employees to constantly make sure everyone who has the corp discount actually is currently working for that company
Old 01-04-2009, 09:48 AM   #10
PlatMan
Doin' It AT&T Style on the White Apple iPhone 3GS (32GB)

Phone: iPhone3GS 32GB
SU$: 1,773
Send a message via ICQ to PlatMan Send a message via AIM to PlatMan Send a message via MSN to PlatMan Send a message via Yahoo to PlatMan Send a message via Skype™ to PlatMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyecon82 View Post
That's what I thought. I was even prepared to fax in a paystub, etc. but the ecare rep didnt even ask

I also agree....you would probably need a staff of 20 employees to constantly make sure everyone who has the corp discount actually is currently working for that company
Actually once you have your discount, Sprint doesn't really care if you down the road don't work for that company any longer.

Again, your discount will remain with you until YOU decide you don't want it any longer .... I got that info straight from the horses mouth.

Rockin' w/Wht. 32GB Apple iPhone 3G S on at&t
OH 44028 - TN 37738
PlatMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #11
striker1211
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Mogul
SU$: 84
Thanks for all the replies. I was just worried because when i tried getting a 10% discount on my ex's plan because we were members of a credit union they had all do all this work, we had to know codes and stuff. Too bad i can't get my credit union discount too lol. it's amazing I've contacted sprint 4 times since my plan started on the 24th. If i called again they would probably flag me as annoying :P
striker1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #12
Obliark
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Unreleased
SU$: 4,236
Send a message via AIM to Obliark
Just to add; its acctually up to the company that employees you; some companies require in store verification.
Obliark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:31 AM   #13
Astron
Account Inactive

Phone: HTC Touch
SU$: 1,241
There are companies that used to give a 20%+ discount, don't know if they still do. Sometimes they verify when you set it up but they never bother to check after that unless you change something, although as bad as sprint is lately they may start just to send you elsewhere. The company I work for gives no sprint discount but I have the old SERO (used to work for sprint, switched to SERO the day before they ended it with my old sprint email right before I quit)

I do get a substantial AT&T discount, so if they cancel my old SERO it's tossing the touch and getting an iphone time. (The print from AT&T says the discounts don't work on an iphone, but you can call and get them applied)

Last edited by Astron; 01-05-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Astron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:30 AM   #14
Eyecon82
Account Inactive

what kind of perks have att iphone customers have been able to get that they're really not supposed to get?
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Sprint Employee Discount Question

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: