Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 12-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
mitchflorida
Telegraph User

Mood: Fine
Phone: LG Lotus
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 618
Pandora Radio is now free for Sprint Customers!

Pandora Now Available For Free on Sprint Phones
Listeners Can Enjoy Unlimited Personalized Radio Free of Charge

Pandora today announced that Pandora's personalized Internet radio service will now be available for free on more than 20 Sprint mobile phones. Sprint subscribers who are currently paying the $2.99 subscription to access Pandora on existing Sprint phones will no longer be charged for the Pandora service and the free Pandora application will be available to all Sprint customers who have compatible handsets and a Sprint data plan. Sprint was the first carrier to launch a mobile version of Pandora in May of 2007 and currently supports Pandora on many popular phones, including the Samsung Instinct.

"This is a very significant move for Sprint and for the mobile industry more broadly," said Tim Westergren, Founder of Pandora. "Internet radio is rapidly expanding off the desktop and we're thrilled that we can now offer Pandora for free to Sprint's customers".

In concert with this launch of Pandora for free on Sprint, the Pandora service is also now available on select Windows Mobile handsets with additional new handsets planned to roll out over time.

As with the ad-supported desktop version of Pandora, the mobile experience will include advertising, specifically audio advertising.
Listening to Pandora is simple: users enter a song or artist that they like, and within seconds, Pandora delivers a personalized radio station with a continuous stream of songs that fit the same sound and style. The songs are selected based on the Music Genome Project, Pandora's proprietary system that utilizes highly trained musicians to analyze songs one at a time. These musicians measure hundreds of different musical qualities for each recording, including every detail of melody, harmony, rhythm, instrumentation, orchestration, arrangement, lyrics and vocals. As the songs play, Pandora users can further refine the playlist with a simple "thumbs up" or "thumbs down." They can also pause a station or skip a song that they don't want to hear.

Pandora on Sprint phones is integrated seamlessly with the online version of Pandora. Up to 100 stations can be saved in a user's account, and they can be enjoyed online at http://www.pandora.com and on Sprint phones anywhere within Sprint's extensive nationwide network. Sprint customers can also create new stations directly on their phones through an easy-to-use interface.

Information about the current song (including title, artist and album) is displayed on the phone's color screen, and customers can also scroll backwards to see this information for recently played songs. Users can easily bookmark songs to their favorites list. Bookmarks can serve as a reminder to purchase the song later on the Sprint Music Store, which offers more than 2.5 million songs that can be downloaded wirelessly on the phone in as little as 30 seconds for only 99 cents each with any data plan.
mitchflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mitchflorida For This Useful Post:
jaysencali (06-24-2010)
Old 12-20-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
mitchflorida
Telegraph User

I personally have not seen or heard any ads on Pandora, but maybe that will come up later. Still, the variety and sound quality of the service is amazing!
Old 12-20-2008, 08:05 PM   #3
boxoroxs
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Ninja
Phone: Lg Lotus
My Mood: Ninja
SU$: 7,210
I loved Pandora on my old phone. When it becomes available for the Lotus, I'll be all over it.

Part of the SG Crew
boxoroxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:23 PM   #4
mitchflorida
Telegraph User

Here's a list of phones that work with Pandora:

http://www.pandora.com/sprint?from_home=1
Old 12-20-2008, 08:26 PM   #5
YPG
You down with YPG?

Mood: onvacation
Phone: M1 for life!
Trades: 13
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 39,992
Sweet!
YPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #6
Jspired
Cordless Phone User

Phone: iPhone 4s
SU$: 1,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoroxs View Post
I loved Pandora on my old phone. When it becomes available for the Lotus, I'll be all over it.
I'm with you there!
Jspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:29 AM   #7
welrob
Cordless Phone User

Mood: Happy
Phone: Blackberry Tour
My Mood: Happy
SU$: 4,734
Thanks for this post! I signed up for an account and am currently listening to Yoko Ono. It took me awhile to realize that when you start it on the handset and you enter your info...you have to enter it like on a phone...pushing the numbers for the proper letters to come up.
welrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:56 AM   #8
ZiggyZ
I'm Kind Of A BIG Deal...

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Galaxy Note 3
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 11,640
They say that Pandora Supports WinMo, however, it keeps telling me that the service is not available for my TouchPro

Actually, I recently cancelled my service. 15 years, 11 lines. Boom...Gone...
ZiggyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #9
mitchflorida
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by welrob View Post
Thanks for this post! I signed up for an account and am currently listening to Yoko Ono. It took me awhile to realize that when you start it on the handset and you enter your info...you have to enter it like on a phone...pushing the numbers for the proper letters to come up.

It's a lot easier to set up your various stations by using your home computer, not the mobile phone.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:58 PM   #10
scott_walker
Cordless Phone User

Phone: HTC One
SU$: 2,164
This is great news. i've had it on my phone since it first became available. nice that it will become free soon. great app.
scott_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:35 AM   #11
Coal
Who loves Sprint?

Mood: Lurking
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 6,489
You can use this cab to get Pandora on your WinMo phone. It works on my Touch Pro but its the QVGA version so its tinnny!

The link I found for it was :This:
Old 12-23-2008, 08:23 AM   #12
SingSongBird
Sprint is my baby daddy

Mood: Ninja
Phone: SGIII
Trades: 3
My Mood: Ninja
SU$: 4,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoroxs View Post

Why is it not available for Lotus? That really bites and chews nails, we have music store but no Pandora. UGH!

SingSongBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:18 AM   #13
PhoneJunkie
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: T-mobile Note 3
SU$: 427
I downloaded it on my Treo 800 and I like but is there any way to increase the volume on Pandora? It seems kind of low.
PhoneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:06 AM   #14
Trailblazerman
Telegraph User

Phone: Optimus S
SU$: 184
OMG...Pandora on my m500 is the best. Excellent sound quality. I quit paying for it but if it is really free???

The best things in life truly are free.
Trailblazerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #15
okrasareveggies
transgressional confusation

Phone: Upstage
SU$: 318
This is one of the very few apps that actually work on the upstage.
okrasareveggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Pandora Radio is now free for Sprint Customers!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: