Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 09:12 AM   #16
huynhc
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
SU$: 790
ok. you guys comment and i respond.

updated installer for pocket rar (run install from PC). Also adding g-alarm.

13. Pocket RAR will extract many compressed file types. Run .exe from computer and active sync.

14. G-Alarm Great program for having a new alarm clock. There are mazes for you complete (using the g-sensor) before you can shut up the alarm, can flip the phone over to snooze alarm, snooze the alarm by turning on the lights (using the light sensor), & many more features. G-Alarm Official Site

There are a handful of paid programs I recommend but I will try to keep this list to best freeware for now.

Follow the link below for updated Esssentials Cab!

Click here to download 11-29-2008 Updated Essentials!
huynhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:14 AM   #17
huynhc
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdonovan66 View Post
Thanks for your post. I've been downloading programs only to have them to fail to run. I suspected that my Pro had the wrong .Net (seem to have read something about .Net 2.0 somewhere). Unlike most people with the Pro, I kind of like the "stock" Flow interface. Are there any issues with the .Net 3.5 upgrade affecting all the standard install software?
no, no issues should arise. sorry to not reply earlier to your thread. it kind of got overlooked =) . Updated cab in the most recent post prior to this one. I will add more either weekly/bi-weekly.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:04 AM   #18
huynhc
Telegraph User

Updated again on 11/30/08

15. iContact BE 6.4.5 -- contacts organized like iphone contacts with kinetic scrolling because the default one has a crappy scrolling feature. I also included...

16. Lycox's diamond skin for it (iContact BE) available in black or white.

All other files were updated to the most current editions that I know of. I will continue to update this as time goes on....

REQUEST can mods somehow update the original post (first post) with the most current link to the zip file? I have no access to edit any on my older posts. Or maybe give me editing access to my posts in this thread? I have people downloading old versions of the zip file not reading down far enough to see my updates. Thanks!

without further delay......

Essentials 11/30/2008 UPDATE
Old 12-01-2008, 01:41 AM   #19
rolla88
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Samsung S3
SU$: 2,501
thanks! i especially love the battery meter percentage...now it saves me from a couple taps on the screen. thanks again!

NEW PHONE AND PLAN --> Samsung GS5 - Everything Data, with free 6pm N/W and $10 monthly discount = happy camper again (for now)

What does this all mean?? = I might not EVER leave Sprint!
rolla88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #20
huynhc
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolla88 View Post
thanks! i especially love the battery meter percentage...now it saves me from a couple taps on the screen. thanks again!
no problem man im here to help... once i get some time imma going to release another update to include a couple of other "essentials". i'll post it up here once im done....

hope this thread is helping others especially the n00bs out there. when i had my first PPC i didnt know anything and it took me awhile to decipher good programs from bad ones. best of luck to all...
Old 12-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #21
asinanan
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Samsung M610
SU$: 13
codec?

Any suggestions on programs/codecs for playing divx/xvid movies?
asinanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:16 PM   #22
Scoobmd
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Note 2
SU$: 17,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by asinanan View Post
Any suggestions on programs/codecs for playing divx/xvid movies?
People have been using TCPMP for a while now since it's free.
I use Coreplayer (the pay version of TCPMP) both will play pretty much anything...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45206

Look at the last post for the DL link...
Scoobmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:49 PM   #23
donblay
DBRingers Guy

Phone: HTC Diamond
SU$: 12,307
Send a message via AIM to donblay
anyone else have any problems with the battery app. after installing it it seems like it never changes or updates. it always says i have a full batter. i usually don't realized its almost dead until the warning screen comes up. if i click on the battery icon it opens up the battery applet like it should, but like i said the icon never changes showing the current battery status
Old 12-03-2008, 03:01 PM   #24
rolla88
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Samsung S3
SU$: 2,501
so far its been ok for me

NEW PHONE AND PLAN --> Samsung GS5 - Everything Data, with free 6pm N/W and $10 monthly discount = happy camper again (for now)

What does this all mean?? = I might not EVER leave Sprint!
rolla88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:28 PM   #25
huynhc
Telegraph User

donblay,

what ROM are you using? Did you install any other programs the same time as the battery edit? mine works perfectly fine and i havent seen anyone encounter this problem.... ill see if i can help though.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:47 AM   #26
donblay
DBRingers Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by huynhc View Post
donblay,

what ROM are you using? Did you install any other programs the same time as the battery edit? mine works perfectly fine and i havent seen anyone encounter this problem.... ill see if i can help though.
I'm using JUICY ROM, i think 3.4 or 3.5. Maybe that's the problem; it would makes sense. though just FYI i've found another batter program that i started using that i really like, WMMiniBatter (http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...nibattery.html) which is really cool. it shows a 3 pixel bar going along the top as an indicator of battery life. its a pretty good program.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:04 PM   #27
Lyvewire
Telegraph User

Phone: Palm 755p
SU$: 985
Is there a way to download these directly from the phone without hot syncing?? I keep gettin error messages on my phone.
Lyvewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:13 PM   #28
huynhc
Telegraph User

you can access rapidshare through your mobile web browser?
Old 12-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #29
donblay
DBRingers Guy

i download them to my pc then bluetooth them over (not activesync, just regular bluetooth)
Old 12-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #30
rodloos
Telephone User

Phone: HTC EVO
SU$: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyvewire View Post
Is there a way to download these directly from the phone without hot syncing?? I keep gettin error messages on my phone.
When you connect the TouchPro to the computer's USB, there is a (brief) prompt for whether you want to connect via ActiveSync, or just as a USB drive. I have found it *very* handy to select the USB option, let's me see the micro SD card in the touch as if I had extracted it from the touch and placed it into a card reader, like a thumb drive. I have an install directory on the card where I copy .CAB files from the desktop. (when you select this option, the TouchPro can't see the SD card until you disconnect it from the computer).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: