Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 11-13-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
andya1280
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
SU$: 497
Phone saying account cannot be validated

Called on Monday and did a esn swap over the phone to switch my girls phone to another number on my account. Programmed everything while on the phone with Sprint. Phone worked fine until Tuesday morning, then would not place any calls, would just say account cannot be validated. Took it to a Sprint store on Tuesday, they said that it wasn't programmed right cause the old number was still showing up on the phone. They reprogrammed it and the phone worked until Wed. night, then said the same thing account not validated. My girl took it back to the Sprint store earlier, they again reprogrammed it and then it worked for all of an hr, now saying the same stuff.

Any ideas on what is going on? Could the phone be bad, or an issue on Sprint's end. I'm starting to get pissed off that it will only work for a while and then go right back to saying not validated. My phone was also switched, when I called the first time and it has worked fine.

Also does anyone know why my current usage looks like this

It shows everything twice, like texts, night and weekends, and mobile2mobile.
andya1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:44 PM   #2

SU$: 0
have you tried calling *2? chances are there is an error with the phones settings call them and have them walk you through reprogramming the device and making sure all is well
Old 11-13-2008, 04:20 PM   #3
andya1280
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettW View Post
have you tried calling *2? chances are there is an error with the phones settings call them and have them walk you through reprogramming the device and making sure all is well
Yeah, I have reprogrammed it twice on the phone with Sprint and now my girl is back at the Sprint store for the third time. They have also reprogrammed it twice now. It then works for a while then goes back to the whole account cannot be validated.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:22 PM   #4

SU$: 0
have you tried talking to tech support there may be a network issue the normal reps arent aware of. sprint has been having alot of network issues lately.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
andya1280
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettW View Post
have you tried talking to tech support there may be a network issue the normal reps arent aware of. sprint has been having alot of network issues lately.
My girl just called, after leaving the Sprint store. She said they couldn't figure it out and since it had already been reprogrammed 4 times, the tech just gave her a brand new phone. Its working now so hopefully it was just something wrong with the old phone and everything will continue to work. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:26 PM   #6
TheTruckGuy
Wrangler to Off-Road..

Mood: Yeehaw
Phone: SonyErics K750i
Trades: 1
My Mood: Yeehaw
SU$: 16,602
Send a message via AIM to TheTruckGuy
I think it was getting a programming signal and getting programmed over the air for some reason.. well.. you didnt need go to store everytime.. if you the MSL.. you could have done it yourself.. but well.. i guess u got a new phone.. so good deal.. chill out.

TheTruckGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #7
andya1280
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruckGuy View Post
I think it was getting a programming signal and getting programmed over the air for some reason.. well.. you didnt need go to store everytime.. if you the MSL.. you could have done it yourself.. but well.. i guess u got a new phone.. so good deal.. chill out.
yeah, i could have done it myself, but my girlfriend is currently living 2 1/2 hrs. away and knows nothing about how to work a phone other than make a call and send a text. she chose to keep going back to the store to let them handle it, after we had already done a 3 way call with sprint and reprogrammed it that way. she never asked for a new phone the tech just said here take this, so all in all everything is good. i will chill out, i guess. thanks for your reply.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Phone saying account cannot be validated

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: