Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 10-29-2008, 07:32 PM   #1
powerismine
Still With Them, They Gotta Be Doing Something Right

Phone: GS3 Sprint
SU$: 636
Send a message via AIM to powerismine Send a message via MSN to powerismine Send a message via Yahoo to powerismine
Got Touch Pro on 2nd Line, swap to 1st?

Just wondering how long I have to wait to take the Touch Pro off of my grandmothers line to put it on mine.

My line has a centro on it now, I went to best buy and upgraded my grandmothers line to the touch pro, I wanted to swap it over to my line and then reactivate her phone.

Sprint told me that I had to wait 30 days to swap the touch pro over to my line from my 2nd line, then then next rep I spoke with said I only had to wait 5 days to do the swap. From what sprint is telling me is that if I swap it over today they could charge me for the full price of the phone since it was my 2nd line that was eligible for the upgrade. Any thoughts on this?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
chez_steph7
chedda_chez

Phone: HTC Mogul
SU$: 1,505
Send a message via AIM to chez_steph7
not true...you can swap at anytime as long as your not waiting for the MIR, which you arent since you bought from BB. you can actually DIY on sprint.com. i know i have the option to do it on my account.

-Chez
chez_steph7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:44 PM   #3
powerismine

Send a message via AIM to powerismine Send a message via MSN to powerismine Send a message via Yahoo to powerismine
I am just a bit scared cause I don't need to get a $510 charge back, or for that matter the $150 charged back to my account. I am going to have to try and call them and see what they say.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:28 AM   #4
remlle
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Mogul, Touch
Trades: 28
SU$: 8,468
tthen call sprint and ask them. just tell them you would rather have it on your line as it is too much phone for the current user.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:56 AM   #5
Account Deleted

Mood: Breezy
Phone: Evo3D
Trades: 13
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 19,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerismine View Post
I am just a bit scared cause I don't need to get a $510 charge back, or for that matter the $150 charged back to my account. I am going to have to try and call them and see what they say.
Sprint's got nothing to do with it, the 299 price was between you and best buy. Hell they're so used to people doing it, my best buy upgraded my second line, and then switched the pro from the second line to the first, then put the old phone back on the second, just because I mentioned casuallly that I thought about using it on my line. The girl said they do it all the time. That's the beauty of best buy instant rebates.
Account Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:04 PM   #6
ink718
Account Inactive

Phone: Touch Pro
Trades: 4
SU$: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to ink718
When I bought the Touch Pro, I swapped it out on the other line the same day. I renewed one of my contracts and got the Touch Pro and switched it to my line. I have done this in the past and nothing happens.
ink718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:27 PM   #7
DC Wuff
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: HTC EVO 3D
SU$: 1,754
yup, i waited about two hours to swap lines when i got my diamond.
DC Wuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:31 PM   #8
powerismine

Yeah, I called again today and the rep said that it wouldn't be an issue. Now the question I have is, on the same day I got he TP I also filed a claim on my Centro cause my cuz crushed my screen. So I paid the 50 and they are sending me a new phone, do I need to activate my centro first and then swap over to the TP and finally put my grandmothers phone back on her line, or can I just swap over to the TP and then when the centro gets here just pack it away for a rainy day?

With TEP do I HAVE to activate the phone once it comes in? I know this is a bit off topic, if needed I can move this question over the TEP forum.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:02 PM   #9
ink718
Account Inactive

Quote:
Yeah, I called again today and the rep said that it wouldn't be an issue. Now the question I have is, on the same day I got he TP I also filed a claim on my Centro cause my cuz crushed my screen. So I paid the 50 and they are sending me a new phone, do I need to activate my centro first and then swap over to the TP and finally put my grandmothers phone back on her line, or can I just swap over to the TP and then when the centro gets here just pack it away for a rainy day?

With TEP do I HAVE to activate the phone once it comes in? I know this is a bit off topic, if needed I can move this question over the TEP forum.
Do whatever you want with it. ;]
Old 10-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #10
Ms.Doll
(^.^)

Mood: Breezy
Phone: iPhone 4s 32GB
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink718 View Post
When I bought the Touch Pro, I swapped it out on the other line the same day. I renewed one of my contracts and got the Touch Pro and switched it to my line. I have done this in the past and nothing happens.
Same Here
Ms.Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:41 PM   #11
ink718
Account Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Doll View Post
Same Here
lol. :gives you a paper and pen, so you can write about your life of sin: (send it to me after).
Old 10-30-2008, 11:15 PM   #12
dabomb506
Telephone User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
SU$: 437
Yea...

My BB rep told me they would charge me full price on the phone. I was considering on selling the phone to a friend. Shouldn't be a problem then right?
dabomb506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:46 AM   #13
Skyh123
Telephone User

Phone: Touch/ M610
SU$: 1,649
Quote:

No you will be fine, as long as you send the old Centro back you are good. The reason I actually pulled the trigger on buying my TP this weekend was due to another line on my account needing a replacement and the person with the phone was only in town for the weekend. I bought the TP for a seperate line, ported it to my line, and ported my old touch to my cousins line. When the Insurance replacement came in from TEP I sold it. The person I sold it to was able to activate it on their account with no problems.

Thanks to HeavyD for the donation for my premium membership
Skyh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:10 AM   #14
powerismine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyh123 View Post
No you will be fine, as long as you send the old Centro back you are good. The reason I actually pulled the trigger on buying my TP this weekend was due to another line on my account needing a replacement and the person with the phone was only in town for the weekend. I bought the TP for a seperate line, ported it to my line, and ported my old touch to my cousins line. When the Insurance replacement came in from TEP I sold it. The person I sold it to was able to activate it on their account with no problems.
Sweet thats good to know because my centro replacement isn't going to be here until monday and I am dieing to get this swapped over.

What are the chances of getting that 100$ mail in rebate? From what I understand thats only if I keep the line active for over 30days.

I am going to e-mail ecare and see what they say about it. I will post the responces.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:20 AM   #15
Skyh123
Telephone User

Phone: Touch/ M610
SU$: 1,649
You will have to keep it active for 30 days, I bought mine at BB on sunday so I didnt have to worry about a MIR

Thanks to HeavyD for the donation for my premium membership
Skyh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > Windows Mobile (6.x and earlier) > Got Touch Pro on 2nd Line, swap to 1st?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: