Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 10-11-2008, 03:51 PM   #1
dcdomain
Telegraph User

Phone: iPhone 5s
SU$: 261
Exclamation Sprint Data Network Status

Hello all, just activated my HTC Touch Diamond this morning (upgraded from MotoQ) and have not been able to access the internet. I just spoke with a Sprint representative and they stated that the national Data Network was down. Thought it was just something wrong with my phone or settings...

Can I get a confirmation from any other users? I tried looking on the web to see if there was a way to monitor Sprint's Data Network status but couldn't find anything. Thanks!
dcdomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
Xanius
A little bit off....

Mood: Mellow
Phone: iPhone
Trades: 2
SU$: 5,023
Send a message via AIM to Xanius
There's an issue with evdo provisioning at the moment. about 4k subscribers backlogged.

The network isn't down but setup for it is if you aren't already provisioned.
But that also depends on the error you're getting. The diamond has a few internet quirks that need to be taken care of.
If it's dialing and giving an error that could be this issue, if it's not showing it's dialing that's an inherent problem and you'd need to go in to ##3282 and change active profile to 1 and that usually fixes it.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:41 PM   #3
dcdomain
Telegraph User

Thanks for the quick reply Xanius, I am able to view the Active Profile which is 0. To edit it I need an unlock code. I'm assuming I need to call Sprint for the unlock code?
Old 10-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #4
Sanyo7400
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Centro
SU$: 1,530
well i know my evdo anywhere i have been in georgia has been down ALL day long. i can only get 1x and this is on all phones, my treo 800, my mom's razr and my borther's moto v950
Sanyo7400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #5
Bibbin
Cellular Phone User

Phone: ATT,MPCS,S &TMO
SU$: 13,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdomain View Post
Hello all, just activated my HTC Touch Diamond this morning (upgraded from MotoQ) and have not been able to access the internet. I just spoke with a Sprint representative and they stated that the national Data Network was down. Thought it was just something wrong with my phone or settings...

Can I get a confirmation from any other users? I tried looking on the web to see if there was a way to monitor Sprint's Data Network status but couldn't find anything. Thanks!

Out of curiosity, check to see if your Q still has data access. My deactivated Q9c maintained active data even after I deactivated it and switched my Mogul to the line. Any usage I accumulate on my Q9c still tallies in the usage details, but it is nevertheless, an odd thing. Post result please.
Bibbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 05:21 PM   #6
Bibbin
Cellular Phone User

Phone: ATT,MPCS,S &TMO
SU$: 13,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanyo7400 View Post
well i know my evdo anywhere i have been in georgia has been down ALL day long. i can only get 1x and this is on all phones, my treo 800, my mom's razr and my borther's moto v950
That's weird, I'm in Kennesaw and my Mogul, Treo 800w, Touch, and Ace all are in Evdo. Maybe it's fixed.
Bibbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:16 PM   #7
nicemann
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
SU$: 188
Mine seems to be working fine in Arizona
nicemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:21 PM   #8
dcdomain
Telegraph User

I checked my Q, data worked for a few minutes before it stopped. My Diamond still isn't working. It does say EV up at the top, but I can't get on the Internet... currently using Wi-Fi to access the web.

Started the morning in Brooklyn, NY and traveled during the afternoon to Ithaca, NY.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:55 PM   #9
dcdomain
Telegraph User

N/M, data on my old Q is still working. I guess I just have to wait until they get through all the EVDO provisioning for it to be swapped over from my Q to the Diamond.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:30 PM   #10
ink718
Account Inactive

Phone: Touch Pro
Trades: 4
SU$: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to ink718
There is a some sort lag on the towers/service. I have 10 lines of service and plus a few friends that have Sprint and we are all experiencing some kind of service problems in the NYC area. Hope Sprint gets this resolved quick. Anyone know whats the issue? Satellites down or something?
ink718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:01 AM   #11
Xanius
A little bit off....

Mood: Mellow
Phone: iPhone
Trades: 2
SU$: 5,023
Send a message via AIM to Xanius
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdomain View Post
N/M, data on my old Q is still working. I guess I just have to wait until they get through all the EVDO provisioning for it to be swapped over from my Q to the Diamond.
Could be that but if you look under view for the data services on the diamond is username and everything already set? If it is then just get your msl and change that to 1, if it's empty then you have to wait for it to swap because your phone hasn't iota'd yet.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:14 PM   #12
dcdomain
Telegraph User

Called up customer service this morning. First CSR didn't know what to do so she passed me on to technical support, but after waiting for 10 minutes my call got dropped without it ever connecting.

Second CSR was pretty knowledgeable and immediately made me update my Profile. Worked fine afterwards! Not sure why my original CSR didn't instruct me to do that when I activated the phone =[.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:00 PM   #13
CorkyG
Aircard Airhead

Phone: Sanyo SCP-7050
SU$: 1,814
Things look goodf here in Tucson, AZ - just fired up my laptop, shoved in the S720 and then got right on with 1030 Kbps down and 425 Kbps up.

No complaints.

"Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus"
CorkyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:05 AM   #14
evil_urna
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 5
In central Wisconsin here. Vision has been down on all of my sprint phones since late friday night/ sat morning. I called tech support and they said might be back up on wed.
evil_urna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:25 PM   #15
Deval
Resident Phone Expert

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Changes Daily
Trades: 3
SU$: 92,979
Send a message via AIM to Deval Send a message via MSN to Deval Send a message via Yahoo to Deval
I did an ESN swap yesterday, and the data only started working today.

Phones
iPhone 5
Blackberry Bold 9930

Deval is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Sprint Data Network Status

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: