Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 10-03-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
OneCraftySAHM
Telephone User

Mood: Lurking
Phone: Samsung Moment
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 1,020
Music Player App?

Anyone know of a good music player app that would take the place of the crappy one on my Rumor? I found GlassPlayer but I can't seem to get it to work properly, it finds my songs on my card but won't play them. I'll pay for a nice music player that I can have playlists on, this one on the Rumor is the worst ever and after speaking with LG and Sprint, they won't be creating anything anytime soon to help organize the music that you put on. How in the world do you create a phone that is capable of holding 2000+ songs and no way to create playlists? Crazy. Anyone help me?
OneCraftySAHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:19 AM   #2
w7excursion
Hit Boy

Phone: Blk N4 & Wht S4
Trades: 10
SU$: 116,505
I don't think its possible to use a different player.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
OneCraftySAHM
Telephone User

I think your right, lol. I've been sitting here for hours trying to get GlassPlayer to work. It finds my memory card, I see all my songs but when I try to play them it says that I need to allow permission, which I did. Argh,I wish I could just create some friggin playlists, this is so frustrating. Thanks for the help!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:39 AM   #4
rcside
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 0
Wirelessly posted (Motorola-K1m-boost Obigo/Q04C1 MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

download free handler
rcside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:49 AM   #5
OneCraftySAHM
Telephone User

I'm an idiot...what are you talking about? lol. I googled handler and all I got was that if your cell phone says to get a handler that means you basically can't do what your trying to do, lol. Are you suggesting a free music player app cause if so I can't seem to find any except kd player and glassplayer, neither of which I can get to work even after overwriting some of my phones files. Blah, this sucks. I can't even find one that I can pay for that will work.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:26 PM   #6
edh
Geek

Phone: LG Muziq LX570
SU$: 208
Angry

I tried to download glassplayer from www.mobiles24.com and I get an error: No content is available to be displayed Attention Parser Error.

I found glassplayer here: http://www.mobiles24.com/downloads/s...3_full_version

but you do have to be a member to download it. Maybe you will have better luck than I.
edh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #7
bjhill2112
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
SU$: 225
The main issue here is that Sprint locks down the files system and the media player APIs. It's been a while since I went through this, but the only way I was able to get anything to work was to unlock the developer root on my phone (you can do it from the Sprint Developer website) and then install a signed jad to my phone. I had to sign the jad myself using the Sprint SDK. I didn't try GlassPlayer, but the only KDPlayer I could get to work sucked so bad that I ended up removing it.
bjhill2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:47 PM   #8
edh
Geek

Phone: LG Muziq LX570
SU$: 208
Thanks! Did not know Sprint had a developer web site. I found it at http://developer.sprint.com/ They have the Muziq listed as LG LX570 Fusic II on the developer site, I found it by searching for LX570, or click here: https://developer.sprint.com/device/...a-2a00e09b056d

Thanks again, I'll see if I can figure out how to unlock the developer root on my Muziq.
edh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:54 PM   #9
Levitas
Account Inactive

Phone: LG Rumor, Sanyo
SU$: 2,169
Yeah a music app that had some organization and playlists would be great. i'd no longer need a standalone mp3 player.
Levitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Music Player App?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: