Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #1
jlin
Telegraph User

Phone: Sanyo 4900
SU$: 174
Send a message via AIM to jlin Send a message via Yahoo to jlin
Loyalty 15% discount GONE due to having corporate discount

On my latest bill, it increased dramatically due to the 15% loyalty discount being taken away. The reason: It cannot be combined with the 23% Coporate discount I've been getting.

***? They have been combined for the last 1 1/2 years, even after my account migrated over to the new billing system.

In addition, the $10 recurring credit was taking away on all of my lines. They were given to offset the sudden change of the add-a-line lines which were previously charged for $10.. now they are all being charged for $20 a month.

Has anyone experienced similar situation?

Emails to e-care got responses like "Due to system limitation, no discount can be added back".

Do share please!
jlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
Redhed
Go Cowboys!!!

Phone: Apple iPhone 5
SU$: 15,475
There are tons of similar experiences. Do a search and you'll find them

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.-- Anais Nin
Redhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
sjones
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Amused
Phone: 2 x IP5's ipad3
Trades: 5
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 11,407
this is nothing unusual, you cannot have 2 discounts on an account. 38% off ,how long did you think it would last ?????? plus $10 off, maybe sprint should give you service for free??
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
brambling
Telegraph User

SU$: 222
got a 25% loyalty discount and a 25% corporate discount on a SERO plan, but it only lasted for one bill
brambling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #5
deathorglory
Telephone User

Phone: Palm Centro
SU$: 1,612
From "Office Space", figured it was appropriate here:

Bob Slydell: So we just went a ahead and fixed the glitch.
Bill Lumbergh: Great.
Dom Portwood: So um, Milton has been let go?
Bob Slydell: Well just a second there, professor. We uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it will just work itself out naturally.
Bob Porter: We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem solved from your end.

Yes, I work for Sprint. No, I cannot "hook you up". No, I will not look at your account or provide you with confidential or proprietary information. All my blatantly honest opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect that of my employer.
deathorglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:22 AM   #6
Hired Gun
Problem Solver

SU$: 2,652
Your loyalty discount is most likley still there. The system was recently fixed so that the highest given discount overides any other discounts. If you change jobs and lose the 23% your 15% will start working again. At this time the only way to get your 15% working again would be to call and request the corp discount be removed.

I have been doing a lot of discount calls lately and while trying to fix them I get a notification that the highest discount is going to overide any other discounts. Ongoing credits usually expire after 24 months max. You need a pretty good set of notes to get a credit put back on after 24 months.

The $20 add a lines are the combo plans that include unlimited text or data. The $20 shared data or text is no longer available. If you change plans we can not get it back. Not just a suggestion. They really took them away from us along with the Free Incoming plans yesterday. If you go to Standby for 1 second or suspend your service you cannot go back. If you like your current plan don't give it up unless you are getting a new phone that your plan doesn't support.
Hired Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:37 AM   #7
nathyrach
Telephone User

SU$: 833
Sprint yanked mine also so only corp disc applies now. It stinks as I gotten ecare emails AFTER we were converted to Ensemble confirming stacked discounts will be OK on my acct - then the stacked all of a sudden disappeared a few months post-migration.

IMO Sprint should have honored their agreements and let folks with stacked discounts keep them. These actions show their true colors. And it is not freaking rainbow colors, either.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:39 AM   #8
Redhed
Go Cowboys!!!

Phone: Apple iPhone 5
SU$: 15,475
Well, considering you have 10 lines for $85, I wouldn't be complaining. I pay $130+ for two lines.

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.-- Anais Nin
Redhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:27 AM   #9
Q Status
Telephone User

Phone: 8330 + 8130
SU$: 1,818
damn.. I was hoping to get some kind of loyalty discount if I planned on renewing.. I have 4 lines about to go out of contract. But I already get a 25% corp discount. (pushing 5 years)

But then again, if they aren't giving loyalty, I don't plan on renewing after they're off contract. I get 20% off VZN if I do jump ship.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:32 AM   #10
Spruce da Bruce
Account Locked

Mood: Mellow
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 6,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhed View Post
Well, considering you have 10 lines for $85, I wouldn't be complaining. I pay $130+ for two lines.
Yeah really! You're already getting a hell of a deal and you still complain? Be glad for what you have! I also pay about the same as Redhed for 2 lines.
Spruce da Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:18 AM   #11
MidwestDrummer
Digital PCS User

Phone: Samsung Note II
Trades: 2
SU$: 21,824
Send a message via Skype™ to MidwestDrummer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathyrach View Post
Sprint yanked mine also so only corp disc applies now. It stinks as I gotten ecare emails AFTER we were converted to Ensemble confirming stacked discounts will be OK on my acct - then the stacked all of a sudden disappeared a few months post-migration.

IMO Sprint should have honored their agreements and let folks with stacked discounts keep them. These actions show their true colors. And it is not freaking rainbow colors, either.
This coming from a person touting an already dirt cheap plan in their sig. Give me a break.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:23 AM   #12
MidwestDrummer
Digital PCS User

Phone: Samsung Note II
Trades: 2
SU$: 21,824
Send a message via Skype™ to MidwestDrummer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q Status View Post
damn.. I was hoping to get some kind of loyalty discount if I planned on renewing.. I have 4 lines about to go out of contract. But I already get a 25% corp discount. (pushing 5 years)

But then again, if they aren't giving loyalty, I don't plan on renewing after they're off contract. I get 20% off VZN if I do jump ship.
So, let me get this straight. You plan on jumping ship to VZW if Sprint can't give you a loyalty discount, because you think VZW's 20% discount is more attractive than the 25% discount Sprint is already giving you? Essentially you'd be getting a smaller discount on service that already costs more.

I just wanted to make sure.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:43 AM   #13
Dead_Rebel
Dead.... and a Rebel...

Phone: Samsung Finesse
Trades: 1
SU$: 7,579
And look at all those perks the OP has for free!! Shady dude.... Let him go to VZW I say. He wants to pay hella more just because he can't get even more for free with Sprint, then let him. Sounds like he wants an excuse anyway.

Appalachian Wireless FTW!
Dead_Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:09 PM   #14
worldaviator
Telephone User

Phone: HTC Diamond
SU$: 1,034
I still get my 15% loyalty along with my 19% NVP, even after 6 months on Ensemble. My contract ends 10/12/08, so I'll be closely watching if my Loyalty discount disappears.

Really don't care anymore since I can't upgrade to the Diamond w/o changing plans, not to mention the 5gb cap on Data, and the ridiculous false "Sprint Premier" label.

There is life after sprint....
Old 09-25-2008, 03:21 PM   #15
kelcha
TREASURE'S & LEGEND'S MOM

Phone: Moto i1
SU$: 1,259
Send a message via Yahoo to kelcha Send a message via Skype™ to kelcha
Wirelessly posted (KEL'S: TELECA-/2.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; EN-US; SAMSUNG; SPH-M800; Teleca/Q05A/INT) MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I still have my 14% corporate discount on all my lines, and a 10% loyalty discount on 2 of my lines.

PROUD MOTHER OF JOHN FISKE'S 2009 VALEDICTORIAN. GO TREASURE!!!!
kelcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Loyalty 15% discount GONE due to having corporate discount

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: