Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 05:44 PM   #1
BCZRX
Telephone User

Phone: HTC TouchPro 2
SU$: 2,186
Word Completion: how to clear the memory?

I have the Samsung ACE, but this is probably true for any WM6.0 smartphone?

I'm trying to clear out the phone's memory of terms that it uses for the word completion program. Does anyone know which file needs to be wiped out to start over?

Yes, I know how to turn word completion off. That isn't the problem. The problem is some punks at my office who took advantage of my phone while I was out to surf some websites they can't look up on our office computers.

Now those terms are completed automatically. My wife will love this.

So, is there a way [short of a hard-reset] to clear this out and start over?

Thanks!
BCZRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #2
cvelozo
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCZRX View Post
I have the Samsung ACE, but this is probably true for any WM6.0 smartphone?

I'm trying to clear out the phone's memory of terms that it uses for the word completion program. Does anyone know which file needs to be wiped out to start over?

Yes, I know how to turn word completion off. That isn't the problem. The problem is some punks at my office who took advantage of my phone while I was out to surf some websites they can't look up on our office computers.

Now those terms are completed automatically. My wife will love this.

So, is there a way [short of a hard-reset] to clear this out and start over?

Thanks!
This response is a bit late, but maybe someone else will benefit. My "clear stored entries" button did not work so my solution was to find the file that stores your "custom" entries, rename it (it would not delete without renaming it) and doing a soft reset which clears out the custom entries. Here is the step by step instructions:
- Select File Explorer
- Go to Windows subdirectory
- Select the file ET9Rudb
- Select Menu
- Select Rename
- Rename to ET9Rudb1
- Do a soft reset.
Upon soft reset, it appears the ET9Rudb1 file is deleted and a new "cleared" ET9Rudb file appears. Note that all custom entries will be removed.
cvelozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
BCZRX
Telephone User

Thank you!

I don't need it this second, but what 'custom entries' are deleated? does this mean my 'favorites' is deleated? or my cookies? Or are you just referring to any special search terms? It doesn't deleate my custom entries to my phone book does it?

Oh, and what phone are you working on? does it have the WM6.1 update already, or is it just the WM6?

thanks again!
Old 01-07-2009, 12:36 AM   #4
cvelozo
Two Cans & String User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCZRX View Post
Thank you!

I don't need it this second, but what 'custom entries' are deleated? does this mean my 'favorites' is deleated? or my cookies? Or are you just referring to any special search terms? It doesn't deleate my custom entries to my phone book does it?

Oh, and what phone are you working on? does it have the WM6.1 update already, or is it just the WM6?

thanks again!
The "custom entries" refers to any "new" words that you have entered only in word completion. Deleting the file should not affect favorites, cookies or entries in your phone book.

I am using a Touch Model MP6900 by HTC. I am pretty sure I am using the latest version of WM... just received the phone as a factory replacement last month.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #5
acunn1
Cordless Phone User

Phone: HTC EVO 4G
Trades: 2
SU$: 10,795
I had to clear stored entries a couple of times to get them to clear.

Proud to also be a Vet.
acunn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:23 PM   #6
cvelozo
Two Cans & String User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvelozo View Post
This response is a bit late, but maybe someone else will benefit. My "clear stored entries" button did not work so my solution was to find the file that stores your "custom" entries, rename it (it would not delete without renaming it) and doing a soft reset which clears out the custom entries. Here is the step by step instructions:
- Select File Explorer
- Go to Windows subdirectory
- Select the file ET9Rudb
- Select Menu
- Select Rename
- Rename to ET9Rudb1
- Do a soft reset.
Upon soft reset, it appears the ET9Rudb1 file is deleted and a new "cleared" ET9Rudb file appears. Note that all custom entries will be removed.
One correction to the above instructions. The ET9Rudb1 file that I renamed is not automatically deleted. I located and deleted it, I believe, with File Explorer. It is not necessary to delete it, but just know it is not automatically deleted when you follow the above instructions.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:26 AM   #7
BCZRX
Telephone User

Thanks for the update!
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > Windows Mobile (6.x and earlier) > Word Completion: how to clear the memory?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: